“Magnificent B&B”

Fuchsia Guest House
Ranked #39 of 143 Killarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I walked the Kerry Way last May and spent two nights (beginning and end) at Fuchsia House. The rooms were spacious, the staff was gracious, and the Irish breakfast was first rate. We spent two weeks in Ireland and this was by far the best B&B on our list (and most were quite fine).

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank David C H

Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is a beautiful B&B, where hospitality and style are at thier peak. While It may not be the absolute cheapest lodgings in the area, it is the absolute best value. We had a peek at other rooms, as well the room we stayed in for 2 nights and all are exquisite & comfortable. The owners & staff are freindly, helpful & charming. They exhibit Irish hospitality at its best!

Room Tip: They're all good!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed in Fuchsia Guest House in May 2012 for two nights. I found my overall experience to be fantastic. The house and bedrooms are all beautifully decorated and very spacious. The location is ideal as it is only a short walk or drive into Killarney town centre. The owners and staff of this guesthouse were always on call to make sure our needs were met and exceeded. I would not hesitate to recommend this guesthouse to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is a little jewel of a B & B, set well back from the main road into Killarney but within walking distance of the town centre. The house is immaculate and dazzlingly furnished in Victorian/art deco style - I got the feeling that the owners might be collectors as there were so many obviously expensive and high-quality items around - but in a low-key way, and without any "don't touch"-type signs. My friend and I shared a twin -bedded room, which was huge, flawlessly clean, and contained two armchairs and one single and one double room. There are lamps, occasional tables, and a sideboard, which combined to give the feeling of being in a rather luxurious living room rather than a mere bedroom. The bathroom was large, had its own window (a rare blessing) and a good shower/bath. Breakfasts were generous, well cooked, served with a good dollop of Irish charm, and when you wanted them I had a very sore throat and was offered (and received, gratefully) a glass of honey and lemon with hot water. I cannot recommend Fuchsia House too highly - and all for 40 euros a night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the house overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I traveled around Ireland for two weeks and this was by far my favorite B&B. Nothing else even came close, actually. I felt that the rooms were suitable for royalty. The huge bathtub was great too, the views of the garden are nice. Finally, the breakfast too was the best I had during my whole two weeks in Ireland, and the breakfast room too was very nice, looking out onto the garden. If the price is right for you, you cannot go wrong on this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank mari99
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I travel very often to ireland and i´ve been this year with my girlfriend for one week in killarney. the fuchsia house is very familiar, always clean and right on the national park. the lovingly furnished rooms speak for themselves and the food is fresh and always been very tasty. all requests are read from the lips. the hospitality of the family is the best that I could learn and will continue to always find the way out there. the fuchsia house is for me one of the best bed and breakfast in Europe. greetings from germany

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steve K
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I stayed here with my son last week for just one night. I was sorry that I was unable to stay longer once I arrived at the guest house. We were warmly welcomed by the man of the house who treated us both very kindly. I sorted out the bill immediately and the man gave my son some change back out of the money i had given him.
Our room was absolutely beautiful and the hall was filled with the aroma from the llies in the hall. The decor was rich and the crystal chandlers in each room really set the rooms off. The rooms were all spotless and the choice at breakfast time was as good as five star hotels ive stayed in.
The lady of the house told us of the tourist attractions in the town etc.
I will definately will return to this guest house again. I was a superb location.

• Stayed: August 2011