Gleneagle Hotel
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Arrived on friday evening after a long drive - staff were very friendly asked how was our journey and chatted my little boy. We got to our room which was lovely and cosy. We had no problem with the food or any of the staff - the swimming pool was nice and warm and games room enjoyable for kids. This is a 3 star hotel and we feel we got value for our money if people expect a 5 star hotel then stay in one!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2010

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Just want to thank you so much for this wonderful praise. This truly represents what the Gleneagle Hotel is all about and I am so grateful to this person for taking the time to highlight all of the above.

This is exactly what I try to reiterate to people and I know there are so many more people who feel this way about our wonderful establishment. We are a 3 star Hotel and very proud of our product & service we provide.

We are here to please and to do our utmost for the customer, so it’s lovely to get this positive feedback and I will share with all the team, who will all be very proud.

Thanks Again and Much Appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Caroline Papin
Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,402)

Reviewed November 8, 2010

In previous years i have to admit that i liked the glen eagle hotel but it has gone out date for the following reasons: 1) A key for the door. 2) A small box of a t.v with barley any channels . 3) the rooms are very old fashioned . Apart from that it has a nice swimming pool and the rest of the facilities are okay .

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ciaranminogue
Reviewed November 5, 2010

It was our first time staying here but i dont think i would stay here again unless things greatly improved.We were not told that you had to book your table for dinner..Food was only warm when it arrived at our table.potions of potatoes and veg are very small.The room was clean.The banging of bedroom doors stopped you having a proper sleep.No fault of the people as you had to bang it to get it to close..And the shouting of the cleaning staff in the corridors in the morning meant everybody was awake once they started work.We were meant to be staying in Scots hotel but they rang to say they were closing for a couple of days and would we mind staying in one of their sister hotels.I took the gleneagle as we were going to see the waterboys in the inec on thursday night.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

We would like to express our disappointment for failing to reach this Trip Advisor Member’s expectations during their stay with us recently.

I am quite surprised that you did not know you had to book dinner for the evening as our Reception team our always trying to advise people to book dinner and promote our Special Offer Menus. Also, the waiting staff would have had no problem at all in providing you with extra potatoes or veg had you requested in the dining room they are always more than happy to please our customers.

I have passed on your comments in relation to the Housekeeping staff to the Exectutive
Accommodation Manager and she has shared this with her team. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused in the morning and wish to thank you for advising us.

May I just add that I would certainly wish that you please do not let these issues put you off returning to us in the future. You can contact me directly and I will certainly endeavor to ensure that you thoroughly enjoy yourself next time.

Kind Regards
Caroline Papin,

Reviewed October 28, 2010

we ate in the Restaurant and the food took ages to arrive and when it did arrive it was absolutely tasteless all of the restaurant staff had barely any english.
The rooms were far too hot and we had our radiators switched off. The beds were very uncomfortable it was very hard to get a decend nights sleep. We will not be recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2010

I am very disappointed at having read this report and how negative this Trip Advisor member comments are. There are many issues pointed out here that have been all discussed at our Management meeting.

I would like to mention that all our staff in the Restaurant speak fluent English and would not be employed to work in our Restaurant if they could not. As a matter of fact we have recently just hosted the Oireachtas Na Samhna (Irelands largest premier Irish language festival) here at the Gleneagle and are very proud to say that, in fact it was our Non National staff that made a huge effort to speak Irish throughout this weekend and impressed a lot of people.

If this person was so uncomfortable in their room all they had to do was to let us know while they were here so we could have had the chance to make their stay more comfortable. We welcome all feedback however it is very difficult to rectify a problem when it’s too late.

Thanking you for your feedback

Kind Regards
Caroline Papin.

Reviewed October 27, 2010

Can not believe that this hotel and the Brehon next door are sister hotels
How can one get it so right and the other soooooo wrong.
Thanfully we were staying in the brehon with is absoutly gorgeou
we decided to go to the Gleneagle for a drink. Firstly when we approached
the bar we were greeted with " YAH" from the bar tender, this was his way
of greeting everyone. He rudely put change back on counter with not as much as
a thank you to anyone. How he is employed there is beyond me. We were
actually amused to watch every ones reaction to him. It was a bit like faulty
towers when people ordered bar food, as they kept getting it wrong,. Ane when they
got it wrong they asked every one else in sight if they had ordered that particular food
What a joke of a place... The manager seriously needs to sit down a fet a few tips
from the Manager of The Brehon.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2010

Dear Trip Advisor Member ,

As Guest Relations Manager of The Gleneagle Hotel, I would like to express my concerns over this member’s experience while staying with us. This is not a regular occurrence here and one in which I intend to investigate fully with all our Bar Team. I have disussed these comments with the General Manager and therefore would appreciate if this member would contact me directly at carolinep@gleneaglehotel.com

I would also like to thank this member for taking the time to post their feedback on Tripadvisor. This is a valuable source of customer feedback for us as we normally pride ourselves on our staff and our level of customer service. I sincerely apologise for this experience.

Yours Sincerely,

Caroline Papin
The Gleneagle Hotel

Reviewed October 26, 2010

I stayed here for one night (Sunday of Bank Holiday) to attend a concert. I had stayed in a dump in Cork the night before so this was luxury to me. My room was quite large, clean and ready when I arrived early. I booked a table for dinner in the restaurant and discovered that a tour were also sharing the restaurant. From experience, the tours are usually down one end of the restaurant with ordinary guests at the other. When i entered the restaurant I was handed a menu and told to go to a table at the window!. Find your own way in other words. The food was ok - pretty standard hotel food - nothing special. The hotel is a taxi journey from town which also adds to your expenses. The concert was brilliant!.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Children 12 ,11 and 7. It suited the mix. Children 8 upwards are supervised in teen zone at night while parents if they wish can dance in ballroom. Hotel not very luxurious, but the entertainment makes up for that. Good size pool, they even have nice music playing there at certain times. The double bed in the room was really comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family