Gleneagle Hotel
Lake Hotel(Killarney)
$248
$226
Hotels.com
Eviston House Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
$161
The Ross(Killarney)
$254
  • Restaurant
1,524 results
All reviewsgreen roomflesk restaurantbackstage barulster buscaptain jackglen eaglekids clubleisure centreentertainment every nightbalcony roompitch and puttshuttle busswimming poolbusy hotelbig hotelfamily roombit dated
Reviewed October 17, 2010

my american friends booked a weekend in this hotel and invited me to visit them. they kindly booked me a room as a gift, so regretfully i went against my earlier promise to never visit this hotel again, all i can say is that this hotel is not nearly good enough by todays high standards, and reading the managers(caroline) views on guests comments in tripadvisor that are not favourable to the hotel really show the attidude of the gleneagle to valid complaints guests may have.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Seabirdfly
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Good stay overall but bar food menu needs improvement..no variety.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank galway62
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2010

We would like to thank this Trip Advisor Member for on your recent visit to the Gleneagle Hotel and Thank you for your comments, I have shared this with our Head Chef who takes all comments on board and is very understanding to our Customers needs

Our bar food specials change on a daily basis with a Soup, a Main Dish and a Sandwich special. Perhaps on this stay it was not to the personal liking of this customers taste. I do apologies and hope that we can please next time.

Kind Regards
Caroline Papin
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed October 3, 2010

I checked into this hotel and paid 100 euro for the night .
Mainly cause the guidebook I had said it had WIFI

Which it does have but only in reception. And I expected it to be in the room.
I was also informed there was no computer connections at all in the room

So I think its a bit cheeky to say in travel guides you have wifi.

Hotel appear to be in the midst of renovation.. but there was no building work going on while we were there.

we did not check out the swimming pool.
Breakfast was average to say the least .
When I asked a member of staff for TEA I was informed she was not the tea peerson and go ask Billy nobody over there.. which I think summed up the hotel

Anyway we had checked in for 2 nights but as no WIFI we checked out after one.
And Im glad we did as there were far better options in Killarney

We also stayed in a guest house on MUCKROSS road later that week and get this.. tis 3 euro in total to order in a take away to the guest house from most parts of killarney .. but surprisingly enough tis 5 euro PER PERSON to order room service from the hotel itself. Per person you'd swear they were shipping the stuff from the UK.

As for parking be careful if you leave it late to come back to the hotel all the parking spaces may be gone in the car park

Overall average but then we did not check out the swimming pool

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2010

We are disappointed that this guest did not fully enjoy their stay here with us and felt the need to check out after 1 night. The rate of €99 in July is actually a fairly decent rate for 2 people staying Bed & Breakfast considering the facilities we have to offer for this price. We provide nightly Entertainment free of charge to residents and use of the Leisure Center with Gym, Sauna & Jacuzzi, again free of charge…..

Yes I apologize for the fact that we do not have Wi-Fi in the bedrooms as yet, however it is within the whole Lobby / Reception area on the ground floor. We are in the process of having some refurbishments being carried out at the moment and are proud to say we are able to carry out these refurbishments in to enhance the appearance for our customers.

In relation to the room service charge, this is an additional service and does come at a minimal cost and at €5 per person is very reasonable.

We are also very proud to say we have, probably one of the largest Hotel Car Parks
in Co Kerry….. FREE of Charge….. Many hotels do not even have this facility and some in fact make you pay.

The Gleneagle Hotel is a 3 Star Hotel and we are very proud of our product and services and what we have to offer and the value for money that people receive.

Many Thanks
Caroline Papin
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed September 20, 2010

Paid through the nose for this sub standard run down hotel.
Its a low 3 star at best, rooms are falling apart, beds are not even a king size.
Buffet is low average and for 150 euro a night is a total rip off, avoid at all costs

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ZDug
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Stayed in Gleneagle last weekend with my family we had great time we had two family rooms plenty of space staff were very friendly & helpfull .Breakfast was good plenty of choice for everyone .Read some reviews before i went cant understand some of the complaints i know some parts could do with a lick of paint but over all it was grand good entertaintment and craic. I will be back again .

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family