Gleneagle Hotel
  • Breakfast included
$378
$260
$244
Eviston House Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
$161
The Ross(Killarney)
$254
  • Restaurant
1,524 results
All reviewsgreen roomflesk restaurantbackstage barulster buscaptain jackglen eaglekids clubleisure centreentertainment every nightbalcony roompitch and puttshuttle busswimming poolbusy hotelbig hotelfamily roombit dated
Reviewed April 12, 2010

stayed in apartments for 6 nights and had agreat time,nice and large with everything you need,kids had a great time in kids clubs,and now now the bad parts,hotel needs a good paint job in parts ie. near pool and ballroom and dark wood doesnt help,gym although not the worst ever seen,could do with some new equitment and paint job,food in restaurants could be improved for the price,i would still go back to apartments but not hotel until some kind of revamp................................................

1  Thank karlito0077
Reviewed April 12, 2010

I honestly hand on heart can say this is the very worst that we have ever stayed in....We arrived to a very run down hotel to be honest.....carpets shabby. We checked in and the girl was nice but I asked should we eat in the bar and my fiance said....should we eat at the bar next door it looks nice (trying to be funny) and she said "Yes, I would recommend next door".

I was scared to go in the lift......It was shabby and also the panel where you press the buttons was falling out! I got out of the lift and felt like I had steped into a time warp! 1970's mustard!!! YUCK!

Pool was dirty according to my fiancee....Kids were banging on our door at 3am.....

Filled out a comment card with address etc.....NO ONE CONTACTED ME!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Just back from the Gleneagle stayed there with my husband & 11 yr old son we had a fantastic time loads of entertainment for adults & kids rooms very big & warm wit coffee & tea provided in the rooms kids got free Easter eggs which was a nice touch. Breakfast was very nice plenty of choices for everyone had bar food on two evenings couldnt fault it at all.Kids were well looked after with games room that had pool table playstation xbox etc for just 2 euro for 5 hours great value 'Could"nt fault it at all just go and enjoy.

Reviewed April 5, 2010

Just back from a 3 day stay in the glen eagle was very disapointed with hotel staff and service in the restraunt. We stayed there in 2002 and the staff were much friendly than now. The rooms are very old fashioned and dreary and have the same curtains and bed spreads when we were there last. We had a meal in the flesk on our first night booked for 7.45 it was 8.50 by the time we got our starter which I ordered mushroom but after half hour was told there was none left but the people at the table beside us who ordered after us got mushrooms (wasn't impressed). When we were checking met a very ignorant girl on reception I had paid in full on arrival so I was just leaving back my room card she took it and said you owe nothing and that was it no such thing as a smile or did ye enjoy your stay not even a thank you or goodbye so it was my last visit to the glen eagle...........PS> Also they don't supply towels for the pool as we were not told this or it is;nt on their website I had to go out and buy towels so we could use the pool (again not impressed) And the beds are very hard and the pillows harder........ No internet in the rooms which I found strange in this day and age...........

Reviewed March 28, 2010

We stayed in The Gleneagle Hotel because we were going to see Christy Moore at the INEC and thought it would be handy to stay in the same hotel. It looked lovely on the website so we booked in for 2 nights. On arrival I couldn't believe how grotty and old the hotel looked. Our room was very basic and old fashioned. It was clean and comfortable but very basic- no shower caps or face cloths and the towels were very small and old. The leisure club was also very basic, they don't supply towels for the gym or pool and the water was freezing in the pool. Also no lockers in the changing rooms so we had to give our phones and wallets to the staff which really annoyed me.
We had dinner in the Flesk room and it was absolutely disgusting. We ordered a fish pate starter which was out of a can and served with limp lettuce. The main course was Ok but the vegetables were really horrible and so basic- boiled carrots, broccoli & cauliflower- not what i'd expect on a night out!! For desert I had a very tasteless cheesecake which i didn't even bother to finish. The house red wine was so bad we sent it back. The worst part about it was the price- 70Euro!!! I couldn't believe how utterly bad it was.
I also booked in to the Allainn Salon for a facial & Full body massage. I was so disappointed with the overall experience. Firstly the therapist never asked me any questions or got me to fill out any forms before my treatments so she was not aware if I had any allergies or medical conditions before she conduced the therapies. The full body massage was lovely but the room was so bright and noisy that i found it very hard to relax, the facial that followed was ok but I was annoyed that the therapist left me alone for at least 20 minutes while the mask was on. i could also hear her treating another client during this time in another room. I just felt that I wasn't her main priority and that the salon needed serious updating.
A few days before arrival one of the staff called us to confirm our booking and offered us the second night for a special rate of 39.99. We were already booked in for the second night at 109Euro. I thanked the girl and said we would love to take them up on the this special offer, realising her mistake she said she would call back. She called back 10 minutes later to confirm our booking and that we could have the second night at the special rate of 39.99. However when it came to checking out the receptionist tried to charge us the full €109, when i told her about the "special offer" she made a bit of a fuss and then agreed we could have it at 39.99- PER PERSON. This was not what we were offered and so I had to negotiate with her until she agreed with me. This really annoyed me as if we had to pay the full rate there is no way we would have stayed 2 nights after seeing the place!
All in all we had a lovely weekend in Killarney, Christy Moore was amazing and it was handy to stay so close to the gig but I don't think I will ever be staying in the Gleneagle Hotel again especially after seeing the other 36 or so fabulous hotels that Killarney has to offer.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KildareHolidaygirl
GleneagleManagement, General Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2010

We are disappointed that we failed to reach this member’s expectations. Having taken into account the various comments and ratings it is apparent to us that The Gleneagle was not the appropriate choice of accommodation for this particular couple. Perhaps our sister hotel, The Brehon, which is located just next door, may have better suited their tastes. This is a four-star luxury hotel, with elegantly styled rooms, exquisite dining options and a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere. It is also home to the famed Angsana Spa, the Euorpean flagship of the celebrity worshipped Banyon Tree Spas.

At the Gleneagle our aim is to provide our guests with everything they need under one roof, whether it is a concert in the INEC, a cabaret act in the Ballroom or activities to keep the children occupied come rain or shine all at affordable prices. We pride ourselves on our events and extensive leisure facilities.

Our sister hotel, The Brehon, places special emphasis on luxury, fine dining and pampering and therefore may have been more inline with this couple’s expectations. Nonetheless we have taken all their comments into account and are very appreciative of their feedback.

John Dolan