“Best hotel in Killarney. Definitely would recommend a stay here.”
Review of Gleneagle Hotel

Gleneagle Hotel
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I are regular customers at the Gleneagle hotel. We have stayed in many hotels in Killarney and the gleneagle hotel is a standard above the rest. We enjoy the entertainment in the ballroom Saturday nights as there is usually a band playing and also enjoy attending shows in the inec. We are both in our fifties and would recommend couples of our own age to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Grace505
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much on behalf of all the team here for your very complementary review on the Gleneagle. I know so many customers that feel the same way as you and who are constantly praising us and who return several times a year…

We hope you continue to enjoy the entertainment and in the Ballroom and the shows in the INEC.

Sincere Thanks

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,439)

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I can add to the previous review. I was also staying on the 29 th for the Jack L gig. Noise all night, received abusive prank phone calls and had door knocked on a number of times by drink hooligans in hall.

We rang reception a number of times, but they did not care. Nor did they care the following morning. Told there was nothing they could do. This is not the case, there is plenty they could do. Never experienced this in my life. Worst hotel experience ever.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Carmel30
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Guests,

Following your recent visit to the Gleneagle Hotel for the Jack L concert and your review above on Trip Advisor outlining your disappointment and lack of sleep due to noise disruptions during the night of your stay, I wish to sympathise with you and to offer sincere apologies.

I was on duty the following morning and did in fact to speak to some other guests that had reported noise from other customers. It was very unfortunate that we had rather a lot of disturbances due to the behaviour of some other guests.

I would like to Thank you for bringing your comments to our attention and I can assure you that we have since discussed in detail how we can improve our systems and procedures at night time in order to control these situations in a more firm manner.

It is a shame that a great night for so many people can lead to disappointment by the saddened and rude behaviour of other customers, but I can assure you everything possible was done on the night.

Please do not let this be the deciding factor on you returning to the Hotel, it is not a common occurrence and it is just so unfortunate that this noise prevented you from fully enjoying your stay. We can only apologise once again and should you ever wish to return please contact me directly and I will endeavour to ensure you fully enjoy your next stay.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed at The Gleneagle Hotel last Friday night - Rooms have been newly revamped which make a world of difference - had a great evenin at The Corona s and Bar entertainment was fantastic afterwards -HOWEVER ..... the noise level was unbelieveable all night long and the phoneline did nt work properly in the room so calling reception was difficult and judging by the conversation outside the door I wasn't going to approach the many offenders outside in the corridor who were shouting and banging on doors along the corridor ands who had what drugs in what room - on checkout I informed the receptionist about the issue of noise that went in till after 7am !!!!! and she loudly & brashly asked " did you ring down to security"- which I informed her - that the internal line was not working properly and I wasn't going to approach the situation and fix it myself to which she gave no reply - or no apology and moved onto other things on her computer- we were not the only ones with the problem as judging by the others around us in the breakfast area it was the main topic of conversation that they too were awoken all night - we had intended on returning for new years eve to the Hotel with Family as the atmosphere was lovely and other staff were very pleasant on the Friday night - but the poor customer service at reception over a very reasonable complaint changed our plans.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear Guests,

Following your recent visit to the Gleneagle Hotel for the Coronas and your review above on Trip Advisor outlining your disappointment and lack of sleep due to noise disruptions during the night of your stay, I wish to sympathise with you and to offer sincere apologies.

As I explained to some other guests the following morning, this is unfortunate and is sometimes out our control. We had night porters and security staff on all night and were doing regular checks on all corridors as they always do.

Security and Management did everything possible to try and get the customers involved to be quite but unfortunately we cannot control people’s behaviour and without a serious offensive being carried out the Gardai also can do nothing to prevent this or to control this behaviour.

It is a shame that a great night for so many people can lead to disappointment by the saddened and rude behaviour of other customers, but I can assure you everything possible was done to try and curtail the noise.

Please do not let this be the deciding factor on you returning to the Hotel, it is not a common occurrence and it is just so unfortunate that this noise prevented you from fully enjoying your stay. We can only apologise once again and should you ever wish to return please contact me directly and I will endeveaur to ensure you fully enjoy your next stay.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Have just had 2 night stay in Gleneagle apartments which we found to be beautiful, very spacious and spotless.Lovely hamper on arrival and milk, bread, cereals provided also, so no excuse not to be able to have breakfast if didnt come prepared!! This was our first time to be away for xmas and was so looking forward to the traditional Xmas dinner but was hugely disappointed..I am not fussy about my food whatsoever but found it to be tasteless. Am amazed to read others comments saying that the food was of a high standard,,in this instance I could not agree..It was very very basic..Great choice, our starters were beautiful, I had fettucini with mushrooms and spinach, my husband had prawns in filo pastry,,but the potatoes and veg that came with the main course was awful.....No other complaints....Staff very efficient and pleasant...

Room Tip: Apartments spotless, spacious and very warm....Had to sleep with windows open in December!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guests,

I wish to thank you for your positive comments in your review and delighted you enjoyed your stay in the Apartments and the complimentary hamper and supplies that we provide.

I am disappointed with your comments on the Christmas Dinner and surprised to hear it was not to your satisfaction. We received nothing but positive feedback about the food over the Christmas from all our guests, some have even posted reviews already on Trip Advisor about how good it was and what a high standard it was.

I believe also that you spoke to the General Manager on your departure from the hotel and expressed your concerns to him which I know he has mentioned your commetns to our Executive Chef. All we can do is apologise for the fact that it was not to your personal satisfaction.

We wish you best wishes for 2013 and hope that you decide to return one day and if there is anything we can do in the future please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

MY wife and I with 4 friends spent 4 nights over Christmas at the Gleneagle Hotel .
The food was of a very high standard, the staff was most friendly and helpfull.
The high light of our stay was the entertainment provided by Tony a true professional with a repetoire that was second to none.
We all hope to return next year to be entertained by this first class performer.

1  Thank francis m

Dear Frank,

Firstly I wish to thank you from all the Management & Staff here at the Hotel, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us this Christmas and that you found the food to be of such high standard and the staff so friendly. Christmas is a very special time of year and we always do our best each year to ensure that all our guests have a memorable experience.

Tony the Entertainer did an amazing job as always, he is very professional and puts a lot of effort into his performances always but adds a special touch for Christmas Day. Thank you for noticing this and I have already informed him of your praise which he was delighted to receive.
We wish you a very happy New Year and we hope you come visit us again in 2013…

Many thanks from all at the Gleneagle Hotel.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I spent 4 nights over Christmas staying at the Gleneagle Hotel as part of a group organised by Ulsterbus in association with ther Hotel. The hotel was spotlessly clean and there was a definite smell of fresh pain (a notice near the lifts apologised for any inconvenience during refurbishment, but there was no work going on when we were there). The food in the dining room was a very high standard with plenty of choices. Christmas Dinner was well presented, beautifully cooked and definitely enjoyed.

We had been allocated a family room on a lowfloor to facilitate my husband's mobility issues and was perfectly situated for our requirements. The room was spotless, warm and comfortable.

A coach trip around The Ring of Kerry was organised for St Stephen's Day/Boxing Day for a small additional charge and was excellent value for money with a local guide who definitely added value to the outing.

Dear Maureen,

On behalf of all the Management and staff we wish to Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write your review and share with others the positive experience yourself, your husband & your friends experienced here for the Christmas package.

I was here myself for the Christmas I must say we received so much positive feedback and thanks from all our guests this year.
The trip on St Stephens Day was very popular this year, more so than other years and it was as you mention an added bonus to have our very informative and qualified guide Dennis Kissane to steer the tour and provide some local knowledge and history along the way he is a true gentleman along with the Driver Dirk.

We are delighted you enjoyed the food and thank you for your compliments on the quality and high standard. I will share with all the team your feedback.

I would like to wish you a very Happy New Year and we hope to welcome you back at some stage in 2013…

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Just had one night recently in Killarney and stayed once again at this hotel. Room was great, leisure facilities were tops and breakfast had many good choices. Staff all round were their usual professional and friendly selves. Will revisit in 2013.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Thank You so much for this short review….

Sums up the Gleneagle in few lines and we are extremely grateful to you. We hope you continue to come stay with us and if we can be of any assistance at any time please do not hesitate in contacting us.

Best Wishes for 2013..