“Great Customer Service!!!”

Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Dublin
“Great Customer Service!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Gleneagle Hotel last weekend for the Bohemian Rhapsody Concert at INEC and the only bad thing about our stay was the weather!!! We got the Groupon deal with hotel stay and were very pleased they didn't treat us any different because we paid discounted rate!
I read some reviews here and I saw that the manager Caroline Papin replied to many of the bad reviews and that showed me she really cares for their customers/ guests, so I decided to write her an email before going as I had some queries.
Not only did she accommodate all our requests (eg. no woolly blankets or old fabrics as my husband has severe allergy, room in quiet area of the hotel...) but exceeded our expectations!
Our room was new and fabulous with spectacular view of the Killarney National Park Mountains.
We also booked our dinner and asked about the best time for breakfast in advance. We went down for breakfast at around 9:30am. Yes, you would have to wait for a few mins (15min max) if you go down after 10am, but that's only natural given the size of the hotel and number of guests.
3 course Dinner was very good, great value and very quick service!
There's plenty to do there (Thank God!) we ended up only staying at the hotel because the weather was terrible! Many different rooms for evening entertainment for all ages and tastes. We had an amazing time in the concert and afterwards in their bars, with good live music in 2 of them.
Overall the hotel is very nice and clean, many comfy seating areas around the lobby with very nice couches.
We even had a problem with our car in the morning and Christina from reception was more than helpful, even tried to get one of the kitchen staff who knew about cars to help us.
We didn't use the spa and pool facilities but had a look and it seems very good.
My advice is don't believe everything you read on Tripadvisor, each person's experience is different! From my experience, anything you need, any complaints, any problems or anything that's not to your liking go and speak to them...they will do their best to help and make you feel happy and enjoy your stay. But do that either before or when you are there, they can't do anything after you checked out!!!
Many thanks to Caroline and all the staff, already planning our next stay there when parents are visiting in October!
Highly recommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Contact them before you go for any requests. Ask for room in the new section.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JuDub
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Guests,

I would personally like to say how grateful we are to you for taking the time to write such a genuine and truly honest report on their recent visit. I am so happy that you got to witness for yourself what the Gleneagle Hotel has to offer and how we do actually care about our customers here.

We are very proud of our staff and the service in which everyone delivers and of the fantastic atmosphere that makes the Gleneagle what it is.

It is very true what is mentioned in your review, I was delighted you to be able to assist yourself and your Husband and so happy that you enjoyed your short visit. You took in a lot during your 1 night and so please that you got to experience the restaurant the show and the bars…

There is a lot on for the summer for all ages in the hotel and a wide variety of entertainment to suit all tastes. We are only too happy to be able to assist people and to do the very best that we can.

Unfortunately as you mention it is too late when people have checked out to rectify any problems that’s why we encourage people to inform us if they have an issue while they are here as this gives us the opportunity to try make things better so that they get to fully enjoy their stay.

Once again I wish to offer sincere thanks and gratitude to you for taking the time out to relay your experiences on your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me in the future and I will assist in any way possible.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

after reading a few negative reviews i was prepared for some nasty surprises. fortunately there were only positive surprises. The room was nice and had a great view. Our dinner at the hotel was delicious and the service was very good. Entertainmane wise, you couldn't ask for more, with the INEC, pop music in the bar, ballroom music in the large bar for dancing, and a big residents bar. I hear there's snooker tables too. Could easily stay 3-4 nights here and do different things each night. Hope to be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank paddypack
, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much to this Trip Advisor member for their very generous and honest review, this is exactly what the Gleneagle Hotel is all about… The variety of our facilities, the nightly entertainment and the service is what has helped us become one of Ireland’s Best Family Hotels

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you again for taking the time to provide your honest feedback. Hopefully you will get to spend a few more days on your next visit….

Many Thanks
Cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed 1 night in an appartment -- would highly recommend. Apartments are brilliant with beds for six (Room A: 1x double + 1x single and Room B: 3x singles ensuite). Perfect for families, providing all the comforts of home that go with all the additional room. Cot & highchair were provided on request and were in place for our arrival. Only downside is checkin is at 4pm and checkout 10am -- believe this is one hr later/earlier than standard room times at the property (wasn't aware of this during booking & on arrival). Gleneagle has plenty going on for everyone - would consider coming back and recommending to anyone.

Room Tip: Apartments on first floor have handicap-equipped bathrooms/showers; if you prefer a bath (for infant...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jamie M
Dear Guests,

We would like to thank this Trip Advisor Member for your lovely comments on our Gleneagle Riverside Apartments. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay, shame it was only for 1 night…. Hopefully next time you will get to stay a little longer and get to enjoy more what Killarney and the Gleneagle have to offer .

Our check in time is from 4pm due to the fact that we are such a large Hotel and cater for such high volumes of customers. The Apartments also require a lot extra time to clean it is for this reason our check out time is 10am in order to have the Apartments ready at a reasonable time for the convienence of incoming guests.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your feedback on your experience. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and should you require any assistance in future please do not hesitate in contacting me.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

The first room we got was dated and not atall what your lead to believe from there web site. After complaining I was got and updated room which I thought was clean and the sink tap was little more than a dripple again room needs a refurb I had to move all my luggage and was not offered any help by staff. The food in the restaurant is a disgrace reheated and some of the staff were rude. On the last night of our stay a fire alarm went off for almost an hour (not the half hour the receptions desk stated)
On the other hand breakfast was ok.
Swimming pool was very nice .
Killarney has a lot to offer and a beautiful place . But the hotel needs a lot of work and I would not stay here again unless it gets updated

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Defter
On behalf of the hotel I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the fact that this customer had such negative feedback on your recent stay with us and that you found the Hotel to be so disappointing.

I am aware of this customer’s complaint as I was present on check out and spoke to this customer and apologized for the fact that the Porter that went to their room to bring a cot did not offer assistance with their luggage in moving to another room. I also have followed up with the Porter himself this issue has been addressed with their Head of Department also.

I am not aware that they had complaints with the food as this was not highlighted at the time or brought to my attention either. I also apologized also for the fact that the Fire Alarms caused them disturbance. This is not a regular occurrence and unfortunately there was a problem with the Fire Alarm panel, this was only highlighted to us on this particular night and was rectified immediately as a result.

It is always a disappointment to us when customers do not fully enjoy they’re stay with us and for this we are truly sorry.

Guest Relations Manager.
meath
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

had 3 nights b/b 1dinner here this week. all went well. had a slight problem with male receptionist
regarding checking in but this was quickly ironed out by his female colleague. the hotel is well maintained for its years, the staff and the service are first rate,breakfast is tasty and well served up.
evening meal was just as good, with plenty of hard working staff on hand to look after guests.
the pool and area are also well maintained by friendly staff. entertainment in the ballroom everynight, and two other bars to choose from as well. this a good place to stay when visiting killarney.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Guests,

I would like to say thank you to you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent visit to the Gleneagle. We our indeed very proud of our staff and the service in which everyone delivers and of the fantastic atmosphere that makes the Gleneagle what it is.

I am not sure what the problem was upon arrival as it is not mentioned however glad to hear that it was rectified quickly by another team member.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and our sincere thanks and gratitude to you for taking the time out to relay your experiences on your stay with us. We look forward to you hopefully returning in the future and I would be delighted to assist you in way possible in the future. Please contact me with any special requirements you may have in advance.

Many Thanks
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Last year I attended the bike fest in the Gleneagle hotel and had a great time thanks to a great band called the Barley Mob. I found out this was organised by a nice chap called Alan. But this year i went back again hoping that i would have another great time, i found the hotel old fashioned, unclean and without any type of atmosphere. unfortunately the organiser called Alan was no longer there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amina B
Dear Guest

I am sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy yourself as much as last year at this year’s Bike Fest. I know the weather had much of an impact this year as we were not blessed with the finest of weather that we have had in the past. This did put a little dampener on the outdoor activities and the Ride Outs that were scheduled.

However in saying that, I am part of the Bike Fest team myself and spent the whole weekend talking and getting feedback from people and although the weather was not in our favor it still proved to be a great success and people had a fantastic weekend. I would like to highlight we had over 16 different Bands & DJ that played over 3 Stages during this 3 day festival.

Bike Fest has had the same organisers every year since 2005, and we are very proud of this event and how it has grown each year. Alan, was a part of our team here at the Gleneagle was a Bar Supervisor and who has since moved on.

I am disappointed to read that you found the hotel to be old fashioned, unclean and without any atmosphere since your previous visit last year, considering we have commenced with our refurbishment programme and made great changes in the last year.

I do hope that should you decide to return for next year’s Bike Fest that you enjoy it better than this you did this year and that we get the sunshine it deserves neat year also.

Regards

Tipperary, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Having attended the AIMS Awards on Saturday June 16th, I must compliment the hotel for its outstanding organisation of the event, which involved preparation of a 4 course meal for 900+ people, - it was of a very high standard as was the service and courtesy of its staff. The visual effects were wonderful - ressembling none other than the Oscars!! I would highly recommend this event thanks to the efficiency of the INEC.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Guests,
On behalf of all the staff here at the Gleneagle Hotel and the General Manager I wish to convey our sincere gratitude to you for not only taking the time to post your lovely review but also for sharing with every member of staff who was working during this years AIMS event a truly memorable experience…

We have catered for AIMS for nearly 10 years and it is always a pleasure and a wonderful event for us to host and to deal with such a large number of genuine fabulous people.
So we would also like to thank everyone who attended this year for providing us with very fond memories and we certainly look forward to hosting this event again in 2013...

With Kind Regards