“A nice place to be”
Review of Old Weir Lodge

Old Weir Lodge
Ranked #6 of 143 Killarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We have had a warm welcome from Maureen. The location is ideal for visiting Killarney and surroundings.
The room we stayed in was clean and spacious. The bathroom excellent equiped with a large bath, a powerful shower and nice and soft towels.
Breakfast complete with a great choice.
Love to come back again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Johanna1957

Reviewed November 26, 2010

We stayed here in May 2009 and it was great. They had a room available for us at a reasonable price. The owners were friendly and helpful. Dermott even gave us a few pointers on where to go to next and what to see (we were just driving ourselves around Ireland at our leisure).
The lodge's decor is lovely, it felt like a real 'lodge'. Our room was so big, spacious, clean, comfortable. The bathroom was the same. We had a room at the front of the lodge on the ground floor and it was nice sitting at our bay window enjoying a wine and nibbles, watching the drizzling rain. Then it was a short stroll into town for dinner and a look around.
There is free internet in the lounge next to reception.
If we ever get back to Killarney, we would stay at Old Weir Lodge again

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank fawky
Reviewed September 14, 2010

stayed here for 2 days,originally for one but then changed to 2 nights!everything was 1st class the decor the rooms and service we cannot fault.very clean which is very important.ideal location for starting in killarney.stayed in killarney alot of times but this one sticks out.first my parents reccomended it,now we do..can be a bit on the expensive side but worth it..if you want to get the ultimate deal go around the end of the peak season and you'll get a deal.breakfast the bes, very personal touch in the presentation(porridge is to die for seriously)only one negative and that is there is no happy medium for the water all taps are seperate so you either have scalding hot water or ice cold water.this could be rectified by just combining the 2 taps into 1..also just need softer pillows.so to summerise a welcome delight.great place excellently executed.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ianc_annao
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Wonderful welcome from Maureen and Dermot. Hotel is superb, comfortable king sized beds, large spacious bedrooms and bathrooms. Wide choice of delicious breakfasts. Short walk to the centre of Killarney and walk the other way and you can watch the famous Red Deer come down from the mountain to feed. Bliss!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MaureenYeates
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Having stayed at the Old Weir Lodge a couple of times before I was looking forward to my stay with my daughter. Unfortunately, due to some genuine confusion at check-in(admittedly mainly on my part) I will never be going back there. I felt the owner handled the situation very badly and the way she spoke to me was uncalled for especially as it was a genuine misunderstanding on my part. She was very quick to suggest that I should cancel the reservation and leave. Had I not my little girl with me I would have gone somewhere else. But a mother travelling by herself with a small child does not need the stress of looking for somewhere else especially as I had made the booking months ago. I was so shocked and upset at the way I had been treated that I went to my room and cried. Not something I am in the habit of doing in front of my 4yr old daughter. It was just for one night but it put a cloud over my whole stay. The room was fine but the TV kept cutting on and off every 5 minutes and of course I felt I couldn't say anything to them about it. The breakfast was fine and we left the next day. I agree with the other comments that it is too expensive for what it is. I will never go back there as there are too many other places in Killarney to chose from.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank LAB73
Reviewed May 30, 2010

Two friends and I stayed in the lodge recentlyfor a wedding in a nearby hotel. We were surprised at the size of the room we were assigned very spacious a double and two single beds.... the bathroom was huge and every where was so clean. Everyone was very friendly and the breakfast was delicious. We stayed an extra night overall great value and reasonably priced. We'll be back again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Very nice hotel. Ideal location on the muckruss road. Breakfasts were average. Rooms nice a little dated. Probably would suit an older/ retired couple

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple