“Excellent value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Killarney Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killarney
Killarney Inn
Ranked #53 of 145 Killarney B&B and Inns
belfast
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

I stayed here with my Mother for three nights in early August. The location of this Guesthouse is great, near enough town to walk and yet far enough away to be quiet. The beds were very comfortable and rooms very clean, the breakfast was very good, plenty of food in fact. The staff were discreet and friendly. And I was able to catch up on my emails as there's free wi-fi which is a great plus I think to have wherever you're staying. All in all I would recommend the Rivermere Guest house as it was great value for money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank loloooo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Western Ireland, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

I use this b&b all the time when i'm
In town. Rooms are clean & the staff are excellent. Breakfast is great & a good selection to choose from.

• Stayed July 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

My sister and I stayed here 1 night and we found it adequate for our needs.Yes the carpark quickly became full but I used my iniative and parked nearby. The helpful girl on the desk saw me struggling to get my suitcase up the stairs and kindly helped me.We had 2 single occupation rooms and though a touch dated they were clean and comfortable.I had to wait for my towels to arrive and they were cheap and scratchy but clean.The breakfast was served with a smile and was OK.
We had stayed in hotels during our week's holiday and were pleased that this budget B/B was as good as it was. It surpassed our expectations given the price.
It would have been appreciated to have the tea/coffee provided in our room rather than in a seperate area downstairs but that was a minor nuisance .

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Milan, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed there for two nights; the room was mean and bare, totally different from the pictures I saw on the web, and almost everything was missing: I had to ask twice for a rug and two handtowels, and eventually just got one.
The hairdryer could work just for 5 minutes, in the bathroom there wasn't even a hanger, nor a chair in the room. But the top was the window: plain sight on the bins in the backyard, and couldn't even be opened, because a dozen spiders could have entered.
Honestly, I can't understand how anyone could enjoy the staff or breakfast... the first one was quite rough, the second greased.
I would never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank smaaf
limerick
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2010

I think I must have been staying in a different place than everyone else here. Firstly when arrived no parking, te lady told me park my car in front of another car? We were given one roon key, asked for a second and was told it would be ready when we were leaving couldnt find anyone when leaving,When in the room the lady came into the room said she was checking to see was there someone in the room? Strange? Locked the door when she left.When arrived back at 12:30 the front door was wide open and no-one at reception - not safe surely? Such a noisy place could hear people going to loo upstairs etc. at 3:30am all the noise started, people shouting roaring up and down the corridoors. At 4am a couple were arguing outside our room, I got up and asked them to be quiet people were trying t osleep and a very drunk man was abusive ot me. There are no phones in the room or no sign of anyone to complain to. At 9am a woman started hoovering outside our room and at 9:30am an alarm went off in all the rooms. i think it was a fire alarm or something but people on the corridoor mentioned it was a way to get us up! Disaster - Never again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sunshinegirl72
Southern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2010

The Rivermere is a good value. Large, clean room, comfortable beds, bath tub and shower. Very good breakfast. A bit on the outskirts of the city so a little bit of a walk to things, but it is near the river and close to beautiful scenery. A good value and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank BonTheTraveler
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2010

recently stayed here for 2 nights with our teenage daughter and English cousins being the first visit to Ireland for all of us.
Our room didn't have the nicest outlook, a pile of rubble and the room had a slight musty smell. My cousin's room, on the first floor was much nicer and had a nicer outlook.
The staff on reception were SO helpful with travelling hints and friendly tips that came in very handy.
Breakfast was served very prompt and with a smile and always a genuine interest in what we had had planned for the day and how we had enjoyed the previous days activities.
There are quite a few Harmony Inns along this road so be careful which one you choose as there is quite a difference between them.
Then location was close enough into Killarney for a 10 min walk to the shops and restaurants.
Overall a pleasant stay.