“Superb hotel.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 145 Killarney B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Superb hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We booked a "Superior" room for one night, and enjoyed it so much, we stayed two. Lovely room with Jacuzzi bath. Excellent food and breakfast. Really friendly staff. Despite being right in the middle of town, Foleys has private secure car parking on site. We stayed eight nights in Ireland, and this was the best, both hotel and place. Memorable.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Hebrew first
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have to say I was surprised to see all the positive review on Foley's. We stayed here for 1 night and were shocked at how outdated the room was upon entering. The carpet was quite old and the bed furnishings were similar to my grandmother's house. The bathroom was at least clean and nice. The issues came when we laid down to bed and could hear every movement from the room above. It was as if the ceiling above were going to fall in on us. If staying here I strongly suggest the top floor to avoid this noise....but I don't think that will get rid of the hallway noise when anyone walks by. The the place is just outdated so you hear everything going on as the wood creaks.
Breakfast was good.

2 Thank Chris H
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff, the food was average, but the location was great. Yes the room was a bit dated but hey it's Ireland. I would definately stay there again. The local pubs are great. Had the time of my life.

Limerick, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is my second time writing my review about this accommodation, the first one I put up was through their own website and was not put on their reviews.
My husband and I went away for a night in Killarney last weekend and were disgusted with our stay in Foleys guesthouse. The rooms are very small and dated, we were awake most of the night with the noise of the cooling systems just below our window and followed by the 7am noise coming up from the kitchen. Breakfast in the morning wasn't much better, the pudding was so thinly sliced that it was east cremate them, one piece of bacon very dry, the egg was fine!!!! and only one slice of toast per person. The manager also tried to charge us an extra ten euro for the room than what was advertised. When we complained in the morning at reception, all we got was we're sorry... Overall a bad experience and I would not recommend it and won't be staying their again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rudolf P
Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stopped in for a late night drink and some live entertainment. They lads playing traditional Irish music did a great job and the bar atmosphere was great. Look forward to stopping by again. Only negative was they were out of Smithwick's this last visit.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

My stay at Foley's could not have been more enjoyable. Moira (the receptionist when I was there) was charming, professional and classy. The breakfast was superb. The lounge on the main floor was a perfect place to read in the evening. The room was clean and neat. Some of the trivial comments about updating should be tempered with an appreciation of the tremendous value for the price. I don't know if I'll ever find my way to Killarney again, but I do know that I will highly recommend it to travel agents. Foley's is easy walking distance from the train or bus stations as well. Well done!

Room Tip: My room was on the street and was a little noisy, but I did not mind because it's a tourist town...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Caroline H, Manager at Foley's Townhouse and Restaurant, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Sharon,
Thank you for your review. We really appreciated your wonderful comments. At Foley's we work hard to try and provide our guests with great service and it is always very rewarding when we hear such lovely comments. We do hope you'll visit Killarney and Foley's again in the future.
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I usually stay at The Brehon when in Killarney. This time there was three of us and we didn't fancy paying hotel prices so we decided on Foley's Townhouse. I agree with other reviews that it needs updating in places and small things niggled like only two hangers in the massive wardrobe and no non - slip mat in the bath/shower. The overall experience was quite positive. It took us two attempts to find the place as we were relying on the website picture to guide us and the white building on the site has now been painted green. The staff are lovely and helpful, if a little un-coordinated. One staff member said wi - fi was not available in the rooms while another gave us the password straight away. We decided not to dine in the restaurant as the prices were definitely on the expensive side. However, that's all the negatives out of the way. The room was spacious and comfortable. Having worked in a hotel myself once upon a time, I looked for dirt in the room and none was to be found. Killarney is a lively town at night but Foleys is very well located. It is near the action but away from the noise. The pub was a high point. Comfortable and casual, the staff were very friendly and really made the effort to make you feel at ease.
Overall, Foleys was a really good place to stay. A bit more staff co-ordination and attention to small details in the rooms would definitely warrant it as a 5 star guesthouse.

Room Tip: Ask for the double room with the jacuzzi bath. Lovely.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valarie,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive comments; they are always great to hear.We are sorry you had trouble locating the guesthouse. We have had the premises newly painted and are awaiting image updates on relevant websites. I was also sorry to see that you felt our staff we uncoordinated. The majority of our staff have been with us for many years, bar a few and we have won awards for our customer service. As Foley's has a very long building and family history, we hope you can appreciate that we do not want to over modernize the interior so as to retain its charm and respect the building history. We hope to see you again in the future.