I just had to visit trip advisor and share my experience. I just got married last week and had the most amazing two days of my life thanks to The Muckross Park Hotel in Killarney.
Myself and my husband opted for a civil ceremony and didn't quite know what to expect but we were blown away as were are family and friends. The Hotel was amazing from The Atrium where the ceremony took place to the Dining room and on to our own fabulous private Monks Bar.
The consierge was outstanding from the time we arrived, the night before the wedding. I had hair-dresser's and make-up artists call to the Hotel on the morning of the wedding and there was a special room (just like an actual salon) provided for us to use with all the amenities.
Everything was timed to perfection, the drinks reception was amazing and there were Christmas trees everywhere, just like I had requested and a hug open fire making everyone cosy. Then into the meal which was outstanding, everything was cooked to perfection and piping hot. No shortage of food everyone was offered second helpings and everyone (including the non wine drinkers) was offered drinks and top ups. Every plate went back to the kitchen clean! The staff were brilliant and couldn't do enough for us. We had our reception that night in the Monks Bar which was just perfect for our party of 35. There was more food that night and wedding cake and again there was loads of food brought out. At breakfast the next morning they again couldn't do enough for us and there was loads of food, everything was so tasty and the staff were so helpful and so good with the kids.
Niall our wedding co-ordinator was checking with us throughout the day if we were happy and couldn't do enough. I had brought out specific table decorations and pictures to be used throughout the hotel and I had downloaded specific songs to my i-pod which I wanted played during the ceremony, this was done to a tee. Everything was gathered together and waiting for us at the front office when we were ready to check out (pictures, cake, cake topper, i-pod) and we were not put under any pressure to settle our bill, we approached the hotel to settle up (I liked this as some hotel can be on your heels looking for their money).
Our bridal suite was amazing, stunning can't say enough about it. Ted the consierge moved all my stuff the morning of the wedding (while I was getting pampered) from the room I had the night before to my new bridal suite. My sister had two small children staying for the wedding and Ted left little presents in the room for them on their beds, something small but it was so nice and they were delighted. We were given two rooms for the parents of the groom and parents of the bride and we got our bridal suite for two nights. I just didn't want to leave the whole experience was so amazing.
Both families are already planning to go back there next Christmas for a reunion/anniversary. We got some really stunning pictures, the setting out there is just fab. I couldn't recommend it enough to anyone planning a wedding or simply a romantic escape.
Also if you take a trip there, visit the spa - amazing...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Excellence surrounded by beauty - Muckross Park Hotel & Spa is uniquely located in Killarney's majestic National Park with magnificent mountains and lakes close by. The hotel is home to the renowned Spa at Muckross. Elegant, luxurious guestrooms and suites, award winning Yew Tree Restaurant and Monk's Lounge. The hotel has superb guest services and makes for a truly memorable hotel experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Muckross Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Muckross Park Hotel And Cloisters Spa
- Muckross Park Hotel & Cloisters Killarney