Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
  • Breakfast included
The Brehon(Killarney)
Randles Hotel(Killarney)
1,672 results
All reviewsyew tree restaurantmonks barhot towelsblue poolbelfry suitefree bikesjarvey's reststar hotelon arrivalthe puboutdoor hot tubvitality suitevitality poolrelaxation roomtorc waterfallrelaxation areafour poster bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I returned to Cloisters Spa recently with 8 friends. The whole experience was perfect. I highly recommend the full body massage. The treatment, friendliness of the staff and value for money were fantastic. We had a full afternoon of relaxation and pampering.Wonderful!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Caroline Q
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed in Early September, everything was fabulous from start to finish, We were warmly greeted by reception staff and informed of local attractions, shown to our room, and from there on we just couldnt fault anything. The rooms were so comfortable, the staff so lovely, and the hotel is clean comfortable, and everyone privacy is respected. The food was amazing, we ate 2 nights in the pub Molly Darcy's we had lovely food, and the show was great. We will definately return here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shennin
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I have just come back from a 2 night stay in muckross park. It was for my parents 40th wedding anniversary.

From start to finish our stay was great . I am often disappointed by hotels when we arrive especially the rooms. We had interconnecting rooms on the second floor and they were gorgeous spacious and luxurious as was the bathroom in the main bedroom.

I organised the trip for 15 adults and 7 children and nothing was too much trouble for Kamila in reservations. She arranged all the accommodation as well as organised a room for us to have a private Sunday lunch to celebrate my parents anniversary.

The food was gorgeous at breakfast as well as dinner and the maître d is excellent attentive without being in your face.

I tried the spa facilities which are also great.

All in all this is a great hotel definitely for families and for special occasions I would highly recommend.

My only niggle is that the tv stations are not great and the wi fi wasn't either you could not access sky go on the iPad but as we were in the most wonderful scenic place it's only a small niggle !

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Aphking
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Muckross House Hotel is an example of a hotel who has continuosly upped their game in the face of recession and I would highly recommend staying there. The hotel is a beautiful hotel with a stunning lobby and gorgeous rooms with open fires where you can relax and have a drink. We have eaten in the restaurant (more fine dining) which was lovely and Molly Darcys for casual food which was some of the best pub food I have ever eaten. We also have visited the spa on a number of visits, it is just gorgeous, with beautiful relaxation rooms and the outdoor jacuzzi is a must try - my partner and I have had massages on a couple of our visits and the treatments have been fantastic. What makes Muckross stand out most of all (apart from being in one of the most beautiful parts of the world in Killarney!) is the absolutely incredible staff. The staff are without a doubt the best I have ever encountered in a hotel anywhere in the world, from the warm welcome and drink and wet towels given as you arrive at a reception, to the little touches like drinks, cookies and fruit juices available all day, water, mints and maps given on exit, and the fantastic staff in the bars and restaurants the customer service is world class - well done to all the fantastic staff working at the hotel, and I would highly recommend Muckross for a fantastic 5 star escape!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarshaC
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My sister and I spent 2 nights here and everything was absolutely perfect. This 5-star place is not of the stuck-up variety. It's warm, welcoming, and fun.

The on-site restaurants are great, and we really enjoyed the casual pub food at Molly Darcy's. Make sure that spa access is included in your rate because it's top notch. You'll have free access to steam rooms, saunas, salt rooms, foot baths...all kinds of relaxing treatments. The service is spectacular. Each staff member we encountered went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed...especially Teddy the head concierge who called around town to try to help me find my lost jacket, and even volunteered to drive and pick it up after work if it was found. Teddy is hilarious, too! We made sure to take a picture with Teddy when we left.

The location is fabulous...right across the street you can catch a jaunting car (horse and carriage) to ride around Killarney Natl Park (but you can walk and hike too!) The proximity to the Park is a huge selling point for this great hotel. From here, we also hiked to Muckross House, Muckross Abbey (incredible ruins...wow!), and the nearby waterfall (a longer walk, probably 2+ miles.) The taxi into town is about 5 E per person. You'll find trad music, fun restaurants, and friendly people in town.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends