“Couldn't have asked for more!!”

Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
“Couldn't have asked for more!!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Just back from a spa break in muck ross park hotel. From the minute myself and friend walked into the reception it was complete 5star treatment. Every staff member made us feel like we were the most important guests staying with them from nyree personally showing us to our gorgeous room, after Regina checked us in. Nothing was too much trouble. Our meal in the yew tree restaurant was unbelievable, again staff superb. Breakfast was one of tastiest we've had in a hotel (had two servings of freshly made pancakes!!) I got treatments in the fabulous spa from Colette (highly recommend her! Lovely person, great massage) Regina couldn't do enough for us either. I would recommend staying in this hotel and am looking forward to organising another break ASAP!!! The staff should be very proud, brilliant, efficient service with a really genuine smile!
Thanks Jennifer c

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Jellybabyjen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying again at the Muckross Park Hotel. We were there in March 2013 and liked it so much we came back in August. Our room was beautiful, the bed comfortable, the house keeping excellent. The breakfast is amazing, some of the best coffee ever. The best part of the stay was the staff; Sean O'Driscoll is running amazing place; Maeve, James and Andras in the dining room were terrific. We felt right at home.The spa was a real treat and I had a wonderufl facial. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

1 Thank Jane R
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had an excellent stay here and the hotel was very nice and well kept, and the staff were very helpful and polite which is a rare thing.The hotel is about a 5 min drive from town but is located opposite Killarney national park so is quite.The spa was very good as were the massages and pool and sauna,steamroom etc. were very quite because they limit the number of people in the spa at any one time so you are guaranteed a quite and relaxing time

Room Tip: we booked the Belfry suite which had a very open floor plan with alot of room and we received a free...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

A PERFECT SPA. Very quiet place. Service was EXCELLENT. I will stay here whenever I come to Killarney. Great location and couples retreat. Spa and restaurant experience was amazing. Friendliness was 3 thumbs up. Perfect distance to all locations. Our room was the best room I have ever had!

1 Thank wkcalip
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Although this hotel is five minutes from downtown, it is quiet, convenient, and to date, the nicest hotel I have stayed in in Ireland. Service was exemplary, food in the hotel as well as in the adjoining pub were excellent. The rooms were very Victorian or Georgian in decor and was the only place I stayed that gave me a sense of authenticity about the area. Excellent stay for couples.
Note: probably too far to walk to town, but horse drawn taxi's are available as well as normal ones.

Room Tip: Any room works. Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank charlesodonnell
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had our wedding reception at Muckross Park Hotel on 10th August and couldn't have wished for a better experience. The setting and tremendous attitude of the staff really did help make it the best day of our lives.

We booked the venue, having visited it and a dozen others in Kerry from London, nearly two years ago. There are some great packages you can choose but nothing is set in stone and you can pick and choose the best parts of each to tailor your day. The hotel were great at keeping in touch and responding to our requests and questions, with nothing seeming like too much trouble to arrange.

As the date approached we were invited for a fantastic afternoon tasting the menu which included plenty of wine! We also received increased contact from our coordinator Sean about how the day could look in terms of details. The venue was very accommodating with the timings of our band and entertainment and had no problem at all in us finishing in the early hours and switching our residents' bar to the beautiful Molly D'Arcy's pub downstairs.

On the morning of the big day, Sean met myself and the best man in the Abbey Suite which was already set up and lent a hand in personalising the room with our various bits and bobs. His experience and expert opinion on what worked well where was very much appreciated by a very nervous me.

The rest of the day went beautifully, in particular the meal with our guests saying how much they enjoyed the food and general experience. The serving staff put on a great 5 star show with a catering manager giving the nod to bring out the food and clear the tables as a team. In addition to this, all the staff were in great spirits during the event frequently asking if we were having a good day and if there was anything they could do for us. Also and what I didn't know until the following day was that my bride, on the two occasions she found herself by the bar, wasn't allowed to pay for a drink with the bar staff saying to her not to worry about it - tremendous hospitality.

I really can't recommend the hotel highly enough to anyone considering holding their wedding there. There are so many other things I could include in this review like the complimentary use of the beautiful spa for all guests; our free anniversary stay next year; the beautiful honeymoon suite stocked with wine and chocolates; the local journalist who turned up to snap us for the paper; I could go on. Mostly I felt like we weren't just customers for the weekend but rather that the staff were genuinely warm and friendly and concerned with us having the best day of our lives - it really was and I can only extend a heartfelt thanks to Sean and the team for helping making it so.

Room Tip: We asked for Molly D'Arcys (the fantastic pub attached to the hotel) as our residents bar in whi...
4 Thank John O
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I booked the spa for myself and my mum, on their offer of full exfoliation, full massage, express facial and afternoon tea - all for 119 euro. The Cloisters Spa is beautiful and from the pools to steam room and outdoor tub it was lovely. Mary, my therapist was great and gave the best massage I've ever had. I simply could not fault this spa even if I tried. To top off the day we had afternoon tea in the bar/lounge and sat there for over an hour in the most beautiful setting in front of the fire. From the outside you would not think that this was really a 5 star hotel but it is one of the best i've been to in Kerry. My family are from Killarney and I know most of the hotels and restaurants in and around the town and I would have no problem in recommending this one.

Room Tip: If going to the spa, check out the offers, they're well worth it!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family