“Nice place”

Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
“Nice place”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a wedding, it was lovely. Lovely room, lovely dinner, lovely wedding reception room but it was difficult to see how this place is a 5 star. While lovely, the only thing that differentiated it to a 3 star was the bill and complimentary bottle of water on check out

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Barrettann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I'm only back a week from here after spending two nights along with my 9 year old Son & my Mother. From the time we arrived to the time we left we were in heaven. The hotel was very spacious, very clean, The Staff were so welcoming & they made you feel special nothing was too much trouble for them to help your stay memorable. Drinks & cookies greated us at reception! Our very huge room, huge bed, huge corner bath was just brilliant. we couldn't believe the size of the room, we could have brought more people to stay it was so big! We didn't use lift to first floor but two lovely members of Staff brought our cases up for us. We had bath robes, slippers, Tea/Coffee plenty of biscuits, Iron/board, safe, DVD player/TV, and everything else that should be in a hotel room. In our room also had a very large Couch over by the window and large one at the end of our most comfortable bed! At night it was little hot so we asked for the heat to be turned off. As we were out all day we didn't need it on. Molly Darcy's which is part of the hotel, is where we ate every evening and the food was delicous and very well presented. Staff were very efficient and chatty . My favourite time was spent having spa treatments in the Cloisters Spa. Geraldine/Madeline arranged the times between my mother & me as Children are not allowed in the Spa area. We waited until the day we were leaving to have our treatments. Sinead looked after me and I felt like I was there for hours I was in heaven, She gave me a neck, back & shoulder massage first and then a facial, the best ever and I mean that, she was brilliant. I felt totally like a new woman coming out. The bed was heated which i adored and i've never experienced this in any other place before. I have never experienced Spa treatments like the ones I had Muckross Park hotel so Top Marks to Sinead. My mother enjoyed the facial she had at 75euro but very well worth it. I was able to avail of the Spa pool and all other amenities before I went in for my treatments so I used everything there. I went into the Therapy room that was supposed to be excellent if you have respiratory problems but this didn't work at the time so I informed the girl at the reception in the Spa area & she said she would have to call maintenance to have a look at it, so never got to try it out:( The Dining/breakfast room is lovely and relaxing and again the Staff went all out for all of us. The decor is very nice. The Manager even got my son a hot chocolate for Breakfast said whatever he wanted he should get. I said he was spoiling us and his reply was "That's why you are here, for us to spoil you" and spoil us he did. There are some Hotels/Restaurants where staff are like robots and afraid to be friendly but the Staff here were just so nice they made you feel like you were the only ones in the hotel. They went all out to make our stay the best. You had the daily newspaper for free. Food was delicious. Decor all over was warming and there were open fire places lit, especially in the evening time. The Hotel was so relaxing & Well done to all the Staff!. Situated right across from Muckross House on the main rood. The Hotel is a Romantic place for couples, only downfall was no swimming pool but they had concessions to the local pool for the kids. We took a trip up to Ladies View, it was dull and raining so we went into the cafe there and within 15 mins the sun came out and we got to take our pictures overlooking the lake and mountains, breathtaking. Bought an Aran jumper in oatmeal colour in the gift shop, bit pricey but it's Irish Made:) We also drove to Kenmare to do horse riding in Eclipse Ireland. We choose this place as we had been there last year and they were brilliant. There was Horse riding lose to Muckross but i just had to go back to Kenmare. I will always visit somewhere I loved a 2nd/3rd time. Muckross Park Hotel, I would definately love to spend another couple of nights, weeks here again.

Room Tip: We got our room away from all the other rooms on it's own and it was very peaceful and quiet jus...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Orla C
dublin
Reviewed May 20, 2013

A lovely hotel, beautiful spa with gorgeous treatments. The staff are all so helpful and friendly. Some nice touches like: hot face-cloth on arrival, home-made biscuits in the reception & bottles of water for our journey home!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We held a family occasion at this hotel recently - the staff could not have been more accommodating especially in facilitating the large group of children with us. The food and service was excellent, the atmosphere luxurious, relaxing and comfortable in every area. Would highly recommend especially for the wonderful setting in the midst of Killarney National Park.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank brightlightstc
beaconsfield
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 7 days and used the hotel as a base to tour around the area. The hotel was as we had hoped ,very comfortable with our room number 138 over looking the small river above the Spa. It was a large room spotlessly clean and kept that way each day. The Hotel restaurant was excellent but if you wanted something less formal the attached Molly Darcy Irish style pub was also very good and more affordable, and from 8pm had an Irish Group which made it a lively evening singing along to traditional Irish music. We found all the staff very helpful which made the stay all the better.
We used the Hotels Spa which should not be missed, the staff as all are at the Hotel were clearly pleased to assist you.
The Hotel was ideally situated for walks in the National Park , directly opposite was the footpath that took you to Muckross House and gardens which is worth a visit.
Overall it was good value and we would return.

Room Tip: Ask for room 136 or 138 it is in a very quiet part of the Hotel trees and garden.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank exams
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I spent a thoroughly enjoyable weekend here. The staff were so friendly from the moment we arrived and were only too happy to go out of their way to ensure we had everything we needed. The food in the restaurant is excellent as is the food in the bar. Our hotel room was very clean...but the real star of the show was the Spa! The Spa and Vitality Suite are not to be missed. The spa staff are knowledgeable and very highly trained - in fact it was one of the best massages I've ever had. Be warned the breakfast pastries won't help your waistline but they are divine!! It's not cheap but for a memorable and relaxing stay it's not to be missed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrandmrsh915
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Great experience here! My wife and I booked here for our honeymoon over Easter and could not have been more pleased with our choice. We were upgraded to a suite on arrival, which was gorgeous, big ,loads of room and spotlessly clean. All the staff were great, very friendly and helpful. We ate in Molly Darcys bar which is part of the hotel and we couldn't fault the food or service. Its a lovely pub. We dined there 2 nights and went out to restaurants in Killarney for the rest of our stay. We didn't find it too expensive, it was actually cheaper than some 4star hotels we priced!
We loved it here and will return!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple