Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
The Fairview(Killarney)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
1,673 results
All reviewsyew tree restaurantmonks barhot towelsblue poolbelfry suitefree bikesjarvey's reststar hotelon arrivalthe puboutdoor hot tubvitality suitevitality poolrelaxation roomtorc waterfallrelaxation areafour poster bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 4, 2013

One night stay, high expectations as in scenic location and also as 5 star. Sadly the room disappointed. For a 5 star hotel and expensive relative to others in the region, it was rather dull and not very big. Worse of all in such a scenic location the room was looking out on a back yard. Also was asked to pay €10 per head for use of the Spa.

On the positive side, the pub Molly Darcy's as part of the hotel was nice, the staff were very friendly and the breakfast was top notch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a scenic view!
1  Thank Donal C
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Had a great night away. from when we arrived the staff were fab and took care of us very well.
Got cookies and juice upon arrival in the lobby while waiting for our room to become ready.
Stayed for one night, we relaxed used the spa facilities, ate in the restaurant and had a fab breakfast the following morning. i ill be going back

Room Tip: We stay in the older side of the hotel it was fab, was on the road but there was little to no noise from outside
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SKF1987
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Hi Geraldine,

My husband and I stayed for two nights at the Muckross Park Hotel on the 28th and 29th March.

We were less than happy overall with our experience.
When we went to the thermal suite to have our spa treatment, which was part of our package, we were only offered one option.

The full body massage was very nice and relaxing and the room was perfect temperature. However, we found the thermal suite quite cold, we actually could only bare to be in the hot tub or the sauna. We were frozen everywhere else. Also, we were disappointed that there was no fruit available in the thermal suite to have if we so wished, the beds were grubby and the magazines on offer were well used and old.

We went to the bar, Moll Darcy’s, that evening for our meal. My meal was of very poor quality, my steak was so cold and my six big chips were not edible. They were also cold but it was as if the potatoes were gone off, soggy and black in the middle, I could not eat them. So disappointed. I did tell the bar man and I received a complimentary bannoffi, which was just delicious. Yummy.

That night I was kept awake by a mechanical noise that I can only describe as sounding like a bear roaring above our room. We were on the 1st floor quite close to the door to the spa, room 135. The free Wi-Fi offered had very poor connectivity. So it was frustrating to try and get some work done.

When you pay big money to stay at a five star, you really expect everything to be just perfect. We feel that we certainly did not get value for money and too many faults occurred during our stay.

I thought it important to bring these matters to your attention. I feel that they all can be rectified by your hotel to make the experience more enjoyable for other customers.

Yours sincerely,

4  Thank Ciarabridget
SeanODriscoll, General Manager at Muckross Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Past Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I regret that you found the temperature in the Vitality Suite not to your liking. Our Pool temperature is 32 degrees celius, our Hot tub 36 degrees, our outdoor hot tub 35 degrees and the air temperature in our Vitality Suite is 34 degrees. These are all well above average pool temperatures. We serve fruit to all guests having treatments and I apologise that you did not recieve it. I will address this with my Head Therapist.

We were aware that you did not enjoy your steak during your stay, as the bar person who served you brought this to my attention following your stay. I beieve the steak was refried for you and that you were also offered an alternative main course, which you delined. The bar person then offered you complimentary dessert. I assure you I have highlighted your feedback to my head chef, as we take all feedback very seriously.

I thank you for your feedback regarding the noise you heard and assure you that I will be getting my Maintenance Manager to investigate this, as we have not had any previous reports of this noise.

I assure you that your feedback is taken seriously and I thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Sean O'Driscoll

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Just back from a weekend in Muckross park hotel where we had two rooms. Staff are very friendly and the setting is lovely and very welcoming. The spa and thermal suite were great. Two of our party had treatments and enjoyed them. Food was fabulous; we ate in the bar where they also had great irish music and dancing going on. The bar staff were efficient and friendly. The rooms were nice; nothing special as I imagined a 5-star would be! Spotlessly clean with robes and slippers provided. No chocolate on the pillow though!!

I asked for lake-view rooms but didn't get them. We had a balcony but there wasn't much to look at when out there.

Would highly recommend for a special treat. Not suitable for children though. Location is lovely if you are looking for a quiet break as it's quite a bit from the town centre. But everything you need is on site; food, drink and music.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravelbugCF
Reviewed April 2, 2013

stayed for two nights in march very well looked after by all the staff who are a credit to the hotel,we used all the areas ,spa,resturant,general bar,and residents lounge,all of which we found to be of a very good standard,we also tried the afternoon tea 30 euro for two and it was up there with the best we have ever had anywhere,food was of a very good standard and service in this area was also very good.
A small point some areas in the bedroom floors require a lick of paint small problem ,but all in all great stay good location would i go back yes, thanks again to all the staff for a nice quiet break and to mave for the excellent service with the afternoon tea well done alan

1  Thank alzo