Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
$329
$288
getaroom.com
1,672 results
All reviewsyew tree restaurantmonks barhot towelsblue poolbelfry suitefree bikesjarvey's reststar hotelon arrivalthe puboutdoor hot tubvitality suitevitality poolrelaxation roomtorc waterfallrelaxation areafour poster bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Stayed here recently and was very impressed. The staff really were amazing, so welcoming and friendly they really couldn't have done more to make us feel at home - this includes everyone to the receptionist and concierge to the leisure centre and bar staff. The hotel itself is gorgeous, the decor is lovely and the place is so well kept. The room was stunning and had everything we could possibly have needed. I was however a little disappointed by the food, perhaps because everything else was so great. We dined in GB Shaws restaurant, I found the menu to be quite limited and while my starter was tasty my main course of monkfish was basic and came served with over-cooked limp vegetables. The dessert was very poor and apple and rhubarb crumble from which the rhubarb was missing and which was served with an overpowering alcohol flavored ice-cream. The breakfast too was quite limited and more basic than that on offer in other hotels I have stayed in.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay but I feel that the food is in need of improvement.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
SeanODriscoll, General Manager at Muckross Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2011

Dear Past Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on Tripadvisor. I note your comments on Dinner & Breakfast and will be addressing them with my Head Chef. We are launching a new Menu in GB Shaw's Restaurant just after Christmas with many new exciting dishes to choose from.

I am delighted to read your feedback on the Team here at Muckross Park Hotel. We do our utmost to make our guests feel welcome and I appreciate your encouraging comments in this regard.

I assure you we will take your comments on board and do our utmost to enhance both the breakfast & dinner menus, following your feedback.

Muckross Park Hotel

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed here over June bank holiday. The hotel is right on the n71 and on arrival I was really disappointed with first views before entering as the web images give the impression of a grand entrance which is round the back of the pub entrance on the road. However location is great for the national park. Rooms are good, great beds and bathrooms. There are supposedly free bikes, we booked them but never got them as they only have two and the people before us never brought them back! You have to pay €20 each time you enter pool and thermal area which is a rip off. Should have a 2day or at least daily rate. Staff are a bit menthol but sure that's the Kerry charm.

• Stayed: June 2011
SeanODriscoll, General Manager at Muckross Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Dear Past Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. Muckross Park Hotel is the oldest hotel in Kerry, dating from 1796. Therefore when we were expanded the hotel into the 5* Hotel it is today, we took particular care to preserve the original hotel building and located the new entrance behind this. We are very proud of our heritage and our location in the National Park and therefore wanted any development, to be in keeping with our stunning location.

I regret that you were unable to use the bikes during your stay. We currently have 6 bikes and are investing in more bikes for 2012 season. I also am delighted to inform you that there is no longer a charge for the Thermal Suite at Cloisters Sp for residents, so you will be able to use this complimentary in future.

I thank you for your comments and hope you will consider returning to Muckross Park Hotel in the future.

Reviewed November 17, 2011

Went to Muckross Park for a girlie getaway.We had a fabulous weekend. The Spa is not to be missed, definitely the best spa we have been to. We had planned to go in to Killarney, but did not leave the hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and provided an excellent service from the moment we arrived. The restaurant was amazing with a lovely atmosphere. The bar was so relaxing. This was definitely the best weekend we have had in a while, a real treat !

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Past Guest

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Muckross Park Hotel. I'm delighted to read you totally relaxed and enjoyed the spa. Even though we are only 5 minutes drive from town, it really is an oasis out here in the heart of Killarney National Park, which makes it really easy to relax.

I hope you will come to visit us again soon.

Thank you again.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

6 family members went down to the Muckross Park Hotel for the October bank holiday weekend, staying until the Tuesday. My first time here and certainly won't be my last. Can't wait to go back, but will have to save first. Hotel is stunning. It doesn't look much from the outside but WOW inside is like no hotel I've ever stayed in. It really is 5 star all the way. All staff are so friendly and helpful. The bar is devine. Old style feel to it, very warm, great food and lovely atmosphere. We did fine dining one of the nights and the food was only amazing. The rooms are just beautiful, spacious, very comfy bed. Gorgeous bathrooms. Separate showers and baths, double sinks. Felt so luxurious. If you are going, make sure you check out the Snug Bar. It's behind the reception to the left. Has really comfy leather sofas and a gorgeous open fire. Lovely if you just want to relax and read the papers over a pint or two. The Cloisters Spa is most definately the best spa I've ever been to. You really have to go to just experience it. I had a full body massage and mine facial. Honestly the best I've ever experienced. I'm 40 next year and all I could wish for would be to spend another few nights down in the Muckross. Truly the best ever hotel experience for me to date. ENJOY.......

Room Tip: All rooms are stunning, but if you can go the extra mile money wise, go for a mini suite.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Past Guest

Thank you for taking the time to tell us you enjoyed your stay at Muckross. It really is a great boost to the team here to recieve such compliments from our guests. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your dining & spa experience.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Muckross for your special birthday next year.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Stayed here for a weekend in October.. unfortunately the weather was against us but still had a lovely time. The hotel is located beside Muckross House with its beautiful gardens, and beside Torc waterfall - a must see.. Since myself and my partner were looking forward to a lazy quiet weekend away the location was perfect although if you wanted a bit more life the hotel is about a 10 min drive out of Killarney itself.

We ate dinner both nights in the less formal Molly Darcy's pub which is attached to the hotel and have to say the food on both nights was excellent and very good value for money. Normally never order steak because it always comes out wrong but have to say had the nicest steak of my life here.. I want to know their secret! and delicious honey ribs another night..

Staff were also extremely helpful and polite, especially the porters.

There were a few small things that i would have expected from a 5 star hotel though such as the option of low fat milk for breakfast and while we had booked a double room, the bed was infact 2 singles pushed together and made up as a double. Also had to pay to access the spa facilities (€30 per couple per stay) which these days i would expect would be included in the cost. The spa treatments were also very expensive, so much so that I didnt avail of any in the end which is a shame because I look forward to having a treat like that when i am away but just couldnt justify the cost on this occassion. Feel they are pricing themselves out of business on this aspect.

Anyone visiting kerry should definitely take a drive through the gap of dunloe and up by conor pass which are both spectacular. we drove around the ring of kerry but felt it was overrated and a looong drive (about 4 hours.)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Past Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and took in some of the beautiful sites, despite the weather.

I am delighted you enjoyed our Bar Food at Molly D'Arcys. I apologise that you did not recieve low fat milk, as this is something we normally always have in stock.

I thank you for your comments regarding the spa. You will be pleased to learn that we are waiving the charge for the Cloisters Thermal Suite for in-house guests, who will now be able to use the facility complimentary. We are also currently reviewing our treatment menu and I will certainly take your comments on board.

THank you for your constructive feedback. I hope I may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Muckross at some point.