My partner and I stayed here from Monday 3rd June to Friday 7th June 2013. From the moment we arrived (9.30am on the Monday morning) we loved the place. A special mention here for Kathryn on reception who told us to leave our bags with her and go straight up to breakfast whilst she organised our room being made ready - thanks, Kathryn). After breakfast we sat outside mesmerised by the view of Lough Leane and the Macguillycuddy Reeks mountains. I defy any hotel to have a better view. Our Lake View room (125) was a bit dated but very clean and another mention here for our room maid who was very attentive (we meant to leave her a tip but in our haste to depart early on Friday morning, to catch our flight, we forgot, so apologies for that). We booked the Golden Break package which is excellent value for money. It included a half day tour which we couldn't take as we were booked on a full day tour of the Ring of Kerry and a table quiz hosted by the owner's wife which turned out to be a holarious evening - we had some great laughs that night. The food was excellent - breakfast was plentiful (buffet style) and included Irish white pudding which I love; dinner in the restaurant with the fabulous views each evening was also lovely - plenty of choice and good quality food. Frank, in Mulligan's Bar, attended to our every (alcohol-related) need. We had sunshine all week which certainly added to our enjoyment. Whilst waiting for our car to take us back to Kerry airport on check-out day, we heard a guy complaining that he wasn't told breakfast started at 8am and he expected it to be served from 7.30am - "I will post on Tripadvisor" he said. Meal times are posted in all the rooms and we thought his was an unreasonable complaint. All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed a lovely stay - we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes are located on the lakeside just 2kms from Killarney town, with magnificent views of the Lower Lake and Magillycuddy Mountains. It is in a pristine environment flanked on one side by Killarney National Park and on the other by Killarney Golf & Fishing Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castlerosse Hotel & Golf Killarney
- Castlerosse Hotel And Golf Resort
- Castlerosse Hotel Killarney
- Hotel Castlerosse