Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes
$392
TripAdvisor
Randles Hotel(Killarney)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgolf lodgesthe cottageskids clubnational parkself cateringbasketball courtswimming poolleisure centrehired bikeshotel facilitiesview from the dining roomfamily holidaylake and mountainskillarney townfamily roomwasher dryerbit dated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just had sunday lunch in the Grosvenor restaurant at this hotel.Views from dining room overlooking lakes amazing and worth the price alone.Wonderful food served by friendly staff in an amazing setting and at a very competitive price.Must represent best value in Killarney.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank vincent o
castlerosse, Guest Relations Manager at Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write your kind review of the Grosvenor Restaurant at the Castlerosse Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your Sunday Lunch and the secular Views from our restaurant. We hope to have you back to dine with us in the near future.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently returned from a bus tour to Ireland that started in Galway and brought us to Killarney, Kilkenny and ended in Dublin. The Castlerosse was the second hotel we stayed in. The rooms were small, the carpets were dirty and it was far from the center of town. To top it all off, they shut off all entrance and hallway lights at night. So if you plan on coming back late, be warned because it feels like you are taking a walk through the hotel from The Shining to get back to your room. The view of the golf course and the mountains, on the other hand, are absolutely stunning. If you plan on playing golf, then this would be a good stay. But stay away from the leisure center--it's beyond gross.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am so sorry that you felt so let down by the Castlerosse Hotel. We endeavor to ensure each guests stay with us is as pleasant and memorable as possible. I apologise if the rooms were not to your satisfaction as we strive to ensure each room is to the highest of standards. Regards location of the hotel as mentioned in your review the hotel is located 2km from Killarney town in Killarney’s National Park as noted on our website.
The Leisure Centre has a very strong policy on health and safety and cleanliness I am sorry you felt this was below standard. I have raised all comments made by you and have notified management of same.
I was glad to see you enjoyed our lakeside views and mountain backdrop. I do hope this did not hinder your vacation to Ireland and you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I plus another couple went for a Golden Break in May. We travelled on the recommendation of a couple of friends The Hotel certaintly lived up to its reputation. We upgraded to a lake view and we were not disappointed. Meals were excellent, great choices - something for everyone. Staff were so friendly and helpful. Another great plus - fantastic value. We will be back in September !

Room Tip: upgrade to a lake view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing your lovely review of the Castlerosse Hotel. I was glad to see you enjoyed your Golden Breaks stay here with us. We are delighted you found the Castlerosse good value and found the staff so helpful. We look forward to your return visit in September!

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Vey nice place beautiful
Small rooms though but cant complain the rest of hotel was superb
The pool was nice staff helpful
the bar was well stocked
The hotel is not in city but all tours stop at the hotel gates
the views from the restaurant are excellent almost breathtaking
They can make it better by adding a few activities at the hotel

• Stayed: July 2012
castlerosse, Guest Relations Manager at Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Castlerosse Hotel. I was glad to see you enjoyed your time here with us and took advantage of some of the many tours that can be organised by the hotel staff. We do have a number of other activities available to all hotel guests from playing a round of golf on our onsite 9 hole course, a game of tennis or use of our 20m Swimming pool and fully equipped gym or treatment rooms. We also have musical entertainment in Mulligans Pub in the evening. I was delighted to see how much you enjoyed our location and lakeside views. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Castlerosse Hotel again should you be visiting Killarney!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I went for 3 nights B&B and 3 Dinners on a Golden Years Break from 12th to 15th May. The hotel was everything a hotel should be, the dinners were outstanding with a choice of 4 courses, with a course to suit every taste, with tea or coffee and waiter service which is just what I needed, someone to wait on me so I could just relax and enjoy the food. The breakfast, buffet style, had a great selection to choose from and the hot food was nice and hot, also the view from the restaurant was outstanding. Our room had a double bed as well as a single one, so it was quite big and very quiet. There was also entertainment each evening and activities during the day. It is a long time since we have stayed in a hotel here and the first time on a Golden Years Break, we normally go abroad just to get some sun, but due to ongoing medical treatment, we are now unable to do this. So we were pleasantly surprised with this lovely hotel and the activities available, although we didn’t avail of these as we had already planned what we wanted to do while we were there. Even though the weather wasn’t that good, we did go out, all day, every day, driving around, seeing all the wonderful places that we haven’t seen in many years. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a good relaxing break in a great location, so we hope to go back again sometime soon. I can’t wait to tell all my friends at the ‘Seniors Group’ I go to, about it, also all my friends that aren’t seniors. A big thanks to the entire hotel staff that helped make our stay a really enjoyable and relaxing one, it was just what we needed.

Room Tip: We booked a room with a lake view so maybe that is why it was a big room and very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write your kind review of the Castlerosse Hotel. I was delighted to see how much you enjoyed your stay here with us. I was glad to see you enjoyed our Golden Breaks Package and found every thing to be to your liking, we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Brid O Sullivan.