Eviston House Hotel
$266
The Ross(Killarney)
$254
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdanny mann pubthe publive music every nightcoach tripirish musiccentral locationwhirlpool bathrecommend this hotelpublic parkingtwo double bedscentre of townthird floorring of kerryresidents barlocation is excellenttwo nightslast weekend
Reviewed May 11, 2009

hotel, Irish traditions, rooms weren't very bad.........but food....... i would say if you hungry- go to buy cheap burger in fast food just near ........ never had so bad in my life before ! Presentation better in MC, flavour-disgusting.............. wouldn't recommend for my friends dog !!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CorkPeter_cork
Reviewed May 7, 2009

a fantastic location which includes value for money, the eviston house hotel (best western) provides a brillant stay for all ages. the hotel is beautilully presented, with spacious rooms and professional, friendly and helpful staff. it has the world famous pub 'danny mann' built into the hotel where traditional irish music is played by a different band every night. overall an outstanding place to stay to really experience the true irish culture.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2009

We stayed in the Eviston House Hotel over the Valentines weekend and I have to say it is by far my worst hotel experience to date – and all down to one fact – the heat of the room and hallways.

On our first evening in the hotel we noticed how hot the hallways were (I’m talking 27C + here) – little did we know that the room we were allocated was hotter still and with no air con or climate control! (Enough to cause extreme perspiration and shortness of breath– in spite of the windows being open all night!) The radiator in the room wasn’t on and we left the windows open all night – to no avail.

The temperature was so high that we were both unable to sleep and had to shower at 5am as the sweat was becoming too much to stand (bit too much info maybe but I want people to know just how bad it was!) It really did ruin our trip to Killarney as it meant we were both exhausted due to lack of sleep.

At first glance the room was acceptable but very dated and low quality furnishing – we were happy enough with this but in reality it isn’t anything approaching a 3 star hotel bedroom – more like 2 star.

Avoid if at all possible.

P.S - this is the first time I have EVER written a negative review about a hotel I have stayed in - and I have stayed in some poor hotels during my travels!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank totravelfar
Reviewed December 15, 2008

The room was extremely freezing when checking in and I could barely get the heater to work. The tv also was not working - not a big deal, but it added to the issues. Just make sure that when staying here you get a room with heat!!!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank ClevelandSharkey
Reviewed October 24, 2008

The Best Western Eviston is located in the heart of Killarney and is surrounded by numerous shops and restaurants. The reception staff was very nice and helpful.

The rooms are fair-sized for a European hotel. I shared a room with two other people; the room had both a double and single bed in it. We go the bed and breakfast deal. The breakfast was quite nice. Included were various cereals, breads, fruits, and the makings for a traditional Irish breakfast.

The fitness center is okay, with an elliptical machine, treadmill, bike, and rowing machine. However, those people who work out early or late in the day will find the room locked because of the hours.

I did find a few problems with the hotel. Locating the parking garage under the hotel was problematic, as it requires finding what is essentially a hidden alleyway and then avoiding dumpsters along the alley's side. The toilet in the room did not work properly; it required several attempts to get it to flush. Finally, the mattresses need to be updated. They are well-used and uncomfortable.

In short, this is a decent hotel. But those wishing for a better night's sleep than my frends and I had should consider looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)