“Looked after like family”

International Hotel Killarney
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Dublin, Ireland
“Looked after like family”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I did the Ring of Kerry cycle this year and stayed at the International. The staff couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful and looked after me like family. I requested and got a nice quiet room to get a good sleep the night before. A bike lock-up was available to store my bike. An early breakfast (5.30am) was arranged for me so that I could fuel up for the cycle. Location was also great - right in town and very close to the starting line. I really enjoyed my stay and would very much recommend the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
amcollins, Front Office Manager at International Hotel Killarney, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Dear SBY73,
Thank you for taking the time to review the International Hotel on Tripadvisor.
We are very glad you enjoyed your short stay with us and hope the the cycle went well for you.
We are a tradional family owed hotel and our aim is to make all our guests feel welcome and at ease, which we are delighted to hear was your experience.
We would be very glad to have you back at another time, hopefully before the next Ring of Kerry next year and in the meantime, thank you again for your very positive comments on our hotel
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Staff were excellent to deal with from the first call to make our booking right through to checking out. Was offered an excellent B&B rate . We were particularly impressed with Rose in the restaurant - best service ever and the food was delicious - I would recommend the duck! Rooms have been redecorated recently, very high quality furnishings. The hotel is really central to everything. The only negatives were the lack of parking and as our room was near a laneway it was noisy when we were trying to get to sleep.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
amcollins, Manager at International Hotel Killarney, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
Dear Joan,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor. Your favourable comments are much appreciated. We are very fortunate to have such a dedicated team, many of our Supervisors and Mangers have been with the hotel for many years.
We are delighted to say our food offerings receive very favourable comments and Rose will be delighted to hear you are impressed with her service.
While there is adequate street parking and 3 car parks within a few minutes walk of the hotel, July is peak season and parking spaces are at a premium in the town centre.
We would love to have you back to the hotel at a future date, and if so, please email me personally – terence@killarneyinternational.com, I will ensure you a relaxing stay
With best regards
cork
Reviewed July 11, 2011

we expected more . room was very small, especially for family with two kids. on the web side hotel have a lovely pictures( im asking where are rooms like that???and why we coludnt choose a quality of room???) but in reality, hotel is small and dark. no car park:( i have good opinion about the restaurant. staff v nice...food good.

Room Tip: we ve got very small room for 2 adulds and 2 kids! booking on line is any of choice!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
TerenceMulcahy, Manager at International Hotel Killarney, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Dear Brzeska,
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us on Tripadvisor and thank for your favourable comments on our Restaurant service and food. I will pass on to the team in Hannigans.
I’m disappointed to hear your room was on the small side as all rooms are bookable online or over the phone.
The larger Superior and Executive rooms displayed on our website are more expensive but when and where possible families are allocated rooms. On this occasion a larger room may not have been available and for this I apologise.
We would love to have you back the hotel at a future date, and if so, if you can email me personally – terence@killarneyinternational.com and I will assure you a larger room
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed July 11, 2011

While the hotel and its amenities are probably the best I have ever stayed in, the noise at night coming from an alley down the side of the hotel was unreal. We did not get much sleep. It was going on for a long time. I eventually got up and had a look out of the window and there were both young men and women walking down that alley and making awful noise. The hotel room was beautiful and the staff were just excellent but I think it is only far to warn people about this problem with the alley and maybe they should request rooms away from this alley when booking.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Marion,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for your glowing comments on our staff and amenities.
I was disappointed to hear that you were kept awake by the noise at night. We have fitted noise proof acoustic-windows on the laneway which have worked a dream and have eliminated the noise. Unfortunately, you were in a room which has not experienced noise problems in the past but we will now look at fitting sound-proof windows here also.
With best regards
kilkenny
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We stayed in this hotel in march having previously dined in there restaurant and liked it so much we decided to stay this time .Check in was fast and friendly and as I had my I pad with me they explained that there was complimentary wifi in all rooms .The room was fresh and modern with lots of extras like a safe .ironing board / iron .tea /coffee tray which I love .flat screen tv .good hairdryer etc. But the best thing about this room was the bed probably the most comfortable I've ever slept in . We also had breakfast included which was excellent .And all the staff we me were extremely friendly especially John in the restaurant. Would highly recommend a fantastic find .

Room Tip: Ask for a front room .
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
amcollins, Front Office Manager at International Hotel Killarney, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Dear Seanie,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
Our Executive rooms are very comfortable but all rooms have been renovated to a very high standard over the last few years and we pride ourselves on our individually cooked breakfast which are always commented very favourably on.
Customer service is also of the utmost importance to us and we truly endeavour to ensure each guest is made to feel welcome from the moment they check in with us so we are very pleased to found this to be the case.
Hopefully we may have an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and to Killarney in the not too distant future.
Morongo Valley, California
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We set off for our two weeks in Ireland with having only our first night stay booked. Thought we would wing it throughout Ireland, and boy are we glad we did! After leaving Adare we headed to Killarney the whole time humming the tune made famous by Bing Crosby, one that we grew up singing.. lol After leaving our car in the Car Park we started our search for the "Room". The first Hotel could accommodate the four of us so as we ventured through the cutest streets only to be stopped by a gentleman trying to talk us into a jaunting ride around the town. We let Paddy (the jaunting driver) know that we would love to take the trip but as it was getting late we really had to find a place to sleep for the night. He recommended the Best Western just down the way, OMG! my thoughts were "I came all the way to Ireland to stay in a Best Western?" uh not happening, but the rest of the girls were down for it as we had a long day on the road, so down the way we went. BUT much to my surprise this was THEE most beautiful Best Western I had ever set my eyes upon! Little did I know that not only was it a beautiful hotel but the service was incredible, a definite five star without a doubt.
The thing that the four of us are still talking about is the young lady by the name of Anne Marie, although she wasn't the manager by all means SHE should have been! From checking us in to a darling room for four to recommending places to see and enjoy an evening of Irish music. We spent two days here and then on we went to other areas but we loved Killarney so much we stopped back for a couple more days before leaving the Emerald Isle. When calling up the International Hotel and asking for Anne Marie, she knew it was us and when asking for a room for two days and fitting us in she recommended we book our last two days quickly as it was a bank Holiday coming up. She recommended places and discouraged us from places that we brought up as she wanted our last couple of days in Ireland to be wonderful. She even called and had a room for us put on hold at another hotel after our stay with them was up. We wanted to keep her!
Another wonderful person that was so adorable was the manager Terrence. The ladies serving breakfast were wonderful,as were the other ladies at the front desk.
Along with being an adorable town our stay in Killernay was made so memorable by the wonderful staff at the International Hotel.
Thank you so much once again Anne Marie for making our stay in Killarney the best ever!

Melissa Imbronone-Bekker, Andrea Imbronone-Rovella,Michelle Rovella, Kathleen Imbronone

Room Tip: Ask to speak to Anne Marie!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
amcollins, Front Office Manager at International Hotel Killarney, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Dear ladies,

Thank you for your fantastic review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.
Sometimes you arrive as a guest and leave a friend and I’m happy to say on this occasion this was the case. It was a pleasure to have you all stay with us and your enthusiasm for the Hotel and Killarney was truly infectious.
Thank you also for commenting so favourably on our staff and service - the majority of our staff have been with us for a long time, they take pride in their work and we think it shows. Personally, I was delighted to be able to assist you and help make your holiday in Ireland truly memorable, and we would be more than delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you all back at another time.
Finally, while we were originally a Best Western Hotel, we have been independently owned and run since 2009, in case you are looking for us online etc.
Again, thank you for your wonderful review and I hope you enjoyed the remainder of your time in Ireland.
With very best regards
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Very enjoyable stay, excellent facilities and all staff I communicated with were very courteous and helpful, great value in restaurant, we ate there on both nights. Location is a great base particularly late at night after Killarney nightlife. Easy to recommend staying here

• Stayed June 2011
Dear Cuchulainn7,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the International Hotel, we appreciate you taking the time and your very positive comments
The hotel has been completely renovated over the last few years and we are very pleased with the results and the feedback we have been receiving.
A majority of our staff have been with us for many years and are our best asset without a doubt.
Hopefully we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the International and Killarney at another time.