From the lane that takes you off the main road toward Killarney, with its long canopy of shade trees to serve as a buffer from unwanted noise, to the patio in the sprawling back garden - a view of the Killarney hills, a fine Irish whiskey after a full day's hike through the nearby National Park. Cahernane is no ordinary emerald. I'd say the staff was professional, but that would somehow diminish the sense that I was staying in a friend's home - albeit quite a well-off friend! Any day that starts with a morning view like the one my room afforded would satisfy the most demanding needs for relaxation, peace and how one imagines the west of Ireland before they get there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cahernane House Hotel is a boutique four-star hotel located on a private estate on the edge of Killarney Park. Formerly home to the Herbert Family, this manor house is just a 10 minute walk to Killarney town centre. The hotel boasts 38 unique guest rooms; 12 of which are located in the original house and the other 26 are located in the garden wing of the hotel. Each room has many of the original features including wooden ceiling beams and beautiful fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Cahernane House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cahernane House Hotel Killarney
- Cahernane Hotel Killarney