The reception area was very welcoming with a blazing wood fire. This was a great welcome from the cold outside. We stayed on the first floor in the new wing and we had a huge room. (including a walk in wardrobe - every girls dream). Bathroom was clean with modern fittings, including under floor heating & victorian bath.
We had a balcony with a great view of the Killarney Mountains. Large enough for two charming seats and a small table. Great place to relax whilst taking in the dramatic vista. The bar area is quite small and quite traditional. The staff were friendly and hospitable.
This hotel is within walking distance to Killarney town - about 20 minutes. Plenty of parking space as it has its own private drive and courtyard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cahernane House Hotel is a boutique four-star hotel located on a private estate on the edge of Killarney Park. Formerly home to the Herbert Family, this manor house is just a 10 minute walk to Killarney town centre. The hotel boasts 38 unique guest rooms; 12 of which are located in the original house and the other 26 are located in the garden wing of the hotel. Each room has many of the original features including wooden ceiling beams and beautiful fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cahernane House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cahernane House Hotel Killarney
- Cahernane Hotel Killarney