We stayed two nights at Cahernane House on our honeymoon in May 2009 and let me start with the positives. The best thing it has going for it is the exterior. It charms the pants off you as soon as you see it. When you walk inside, you can feel the history and character. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was great. It is in the perfect location to act as a base for exploring the Ring of Kerry. There are also many other things to do nearby, the national park, Muckross Gardens, Ross Castle, Ladies' View, etc. The bathroom was also very nice, with a claw-foot tub and heated floors.
The room, however, was really just average. The bed provided probably (no, definitely) the worst sleep we had on the entire trip. The mattress didn't breathe at all, so it was quite hot and uncomfortable.
I would still highly recommend this as a nice place to stay in Killarney, due to the central location and overall character.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cahernane House Hotel is a boutique four-star hotel located on a private estate on the edge of Killarney Park. Formerly home to the Herbert Family, this manor house is just a 10 minute walk to Killarney town centre. The hotel boasts 38 unique guest rooms; 12 of which are located in the original house and the other 26 are located in the garden wing of the hotel. Each room has many of the original features including wooden ceiling beams and beautiful fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cahernane House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cahernane House Hotel Killarney
- Cahernane Hotel Killarney