“Good and ok.”

Holiday Inn Killarney
Ranked #33 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Good: leisure center and was clean. Bad: my whole floor smelled of cigarette smoke, restaurant was too expensive and no free Internet in the room. The hotel is just a stretch too far from downtown and Ross Castle. The price was a good value, but would pay more to be closer to the downtown area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Massive room v. welcome as 2 kids with us. Room a bit cold and bar also. We love live music in bar every night and kids like pool table (easy to watch kids in pool room from bar). Kids club at peak times is a great bonus. Staff so friendly and helpful - they make it! Food quite good and good deals on dinner menu. Family friendly - we keep going back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
HIK-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Killarney, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Dear Momo2836,

thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Killarney. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us and i am sure my staff are going to be very happy too! we are looking forward to welcoming you to the Holiday Inn Killarney in the near future again

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Just returned from a 1 night stay at the Holiday Inn Killarney.. Wasnt expecting to much but was pleasantly surprised the lobby & bar area were lovely and very cozy the room was spotless clean and very spacious our only complaint was that the room was freezing even with the heating device in the room up full it was still freezing (another guest checking out before us complained of same problem) also there was only 2 sockets in the room and only one of them worked not ideal when there is 2 phones to be charged aswell as camera and hair straightners to be used... If they could just fix those faults its a lovely little hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HIK-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Killarney, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Samatha O, Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Killarney. I am happy you did enjoy our facilities and i have taken note of your comments regarding the power outlets in our rooms. Most rooms have two double sockets for guest use. I am sorry there appeared to be an issue with the heating system on your room. however this has been adressed since.
I hope you will be returning to the Holiday Inn Killarney.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel on a few occasions in the past and found it ok, but sadly this time it was below par, I found when we checked in the lady behind reception was far from welcoming, then we were told that the swimming pool is only open from 3pm, which was a bit of a disapointment and should be stated when booking. Also the tvs in the rooms reception is poor.
On the plus the rooms are nice and the food for dinner and breakfast was good.
Unsure would I stay in this hotel again as the competition in the town is so high, but with a warmer welcome I would consider.
Found the after care of the hotel to b very poor regarding a lost wallet that It took my bank to contact me about it beign found in the hotel rather than the hotel itself contacting me even though my details were left for them to contact me, but I understand that details can be misplaced

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Dezzycork, thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Killarney. While i am happy you enjoyed our facilities, I am disappointed you did not receive the warm welcome you had expected, and for which we are generally known. I have shared your commments with my Front Office team. I would like you to note that we contacted the bank to contact you regarding the lost wallet, as when it was found in the hotel restaurant here, we did not have a matching name in our guest profiles to contact you directly. We hope you will give us the chance again to show you that we show great customer care and a hotel that guests love.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

staff were lovely,nice pool table,breakfast buffet which was great if you dont want another fry you can pick what ever you want from cereal to fruit salad or just croissants.swimming pool, jacuzzi etc open till 9.30 pm bar food lovely and not expensive.very friendly and welcoming place, we definately will go back.

Room Tip: if you are a smoker like me then ask for a smoking room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Noleen M

Thank you Noleen M for posting your review. I am very happy you enjoyed your break here at the Holiday Inn Killarney. I have shared your comments with my team and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Just back from a family break at the Holiday Inn. There are a lot of positives about the hotel. The deal we got was excellent value for money and they were extremely child friendly. The location of the hotel is also great for exploring Kerry. Our check-in was very efficient and the receptionist was very friendly. The bedroom was a good size with two double beds and was very clean.

The breakfast in the hotel was also good value. There were cereals, fruit, juices and a hot breakfast that was replenished regularly. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. Dinner was also good with nice portions and the service was quick and efficient. Included in our package was milk and cookies each evening for my son which were delivered promptly each evening and made him feel very important.

As other reviewers have noted some of the décor is outdated and the hotel is in need of some refurbishment which is very evident in the changing rooms at the swimming pool. They are quite cramped and not really equipped to deal with high volume which they experienced during mid-term break.

The other slight issue for me was the lack of internet connectivity in the bedrooms. There is free wifi in the public areas but none in the bedrooms, I really think that this is a standard requirement nowadays. There is a facility to check emails via the TV but it was expensive.

Overall, I found the hotel to be a good base for a great family break and would return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicola C
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights this weekend past - 2 adults and 2 children under 10. Family room had 2 double beds. Nice room. Good standard for 3 star hotel and good value for the price. Breakfast was 25 euro per family which was good value and satisfactory - nothing to write home about but again really convenient with children and set us up for the day. We did not eat in the restaurant.Many families in the hotel this weekend. Was ideal for a family break. The swimming pool is small but was great on Saturday which was very wet. Staff very friendly and helpful. Overall I would recommend this hotel for good value particularly for families.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family