“Good for the money”

Ranked #34 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Ireland
“Good for the money”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I got a good deal here. If I had paid more, I would be disappointed but I paid barely over b&b prices. The staff are friendly. The breakfast is average. My room was comfortable and well-appointed. They were not serving lunch the day i was there so I asked for a sandwich and coffee to be brought to my room. I was charged €10.45 for this which I thought was expensive. Easy walking distance of town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Polish first
Cork
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just back from a weekend break. What can I say? The hotel lived up to it's reputation. Staff are exceptionally welcoming. Loved the hotel. Plenty of activity. Great spot for people watching. If you like a nice pint of Budweiser ask Tomas behind the bar. Great pint.

Yonkers, New York
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed here in August 2012. It's a nice modern hotel with a good pub; about a 15 minute walk into town.

The last night of my stay there I discovered that the hotel pub was not required to stop serving at Half-Eleven (as is typical of pubs on weeknights). So long as you were a guest at the hotel you could stay up drinking in the pub. Granted pints were at least 50 cents to a Euro more expensive than a typical pub in the town. But if you enjoy a good night-cap; you'll have no trouble getting that last drink down stairs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ireland
Reviewed September 25, 2012

we booked a 2 night deal & it was a great offer, while there is nothing too wrong with the hotel we felt we were a little out of place - we seemed to be the youngest couple there and it seemed to be a lot of older groups & tours - noting wrong with this just seemed to cater towards groups & older folk!!!
rooms are nice but nothing to write home about

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Killarney for 3 nights and had a mixed experience. We would have to rate the room/staff/restaurant seperately.
We had gone there for a very special anniversary and birthday. The first night was a disaster as the bed sloped into the middle and I eventually got out and slept on the floor. I have a bad back and the bed was not only too soft but sloped to the middle. They did change our room the nextmorning and the new one was a 100% better.

That was the only down side as the staff were so nice that we felt bad about having to change rooms. We also had a very nice experience in the dinning room.The dinner on all 3 nights was excellent and really good value with a great selection.. The selection for breakfast was also very good and they catered well for my non dairy needs.

The hotel also has a good gym amd swimming pool and helped to use up some of the calories which I piled on. In these tough times in Ireland I would rate it as good value for money

Room Tip: Higher rooms are brighter if to the back of the property. Dine before 8-00 pm and book in advance
2 Thank Frank P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Killarney, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Happypaddy_10,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry some aspects of our hotel were not to your liking. I am pleased that our staff was able to offset this displeasure with great service. I was glad to hear you did appreciate our great location.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Simple, the rooms are outdated, but the price and location were good. Breakfast was very good. Easy walking distance or short cab ride to Killarney town center and Ross Castle. A longer (but doable) walk to Muckross. Major downside is internet...free wireless in the lobby but you have to pay for wired access in the room. But we'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank dulacdoc
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed there for a two night break, really enjoyed it, used the leisure centre facilities, found Irene very helpful at hotel reception, we stayed for the horse racing festival and will return. It's a very short stroll into Killarney and if you do order a taxi you won't be waiting long. There was no problem getting a late drink in the residents bar either. Breakfast was self service which is very good. Overall we were more than satisfied.

• Stayed August 2012