“Imprompt visit to Killarney”
Review of Lake Hotel

Lake Hotel
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Visited in early April 14. Impressed by marvellous staff particularly well anchored by Catherine at the Front Desk - full of local knowledge, facts & directions from the habits of the local Red Deer to history of the hotel & immediate area. Efficient staff, interesting fun clients. Great location. Wonderful beautician Kristen who knows her subject. Happily recommend this hotel. Colette.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the corridor result in just 1 neighbour.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Friendly_Irish_Hotel, General Manager at Lake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Guest,
Just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us and for marking us so highly on you report. It sounds like you had a wonderful time during your visit to Killarney. We are very lucky here at the lake to be blessed with some of the most beautiful surrounds in the world and to have the wildlife at our doorstep including the beautiful deer, the white tailed eagles and many more. Our team at front desk are indeed a wealth of knowledge on Killarney and the wider Kerry area and are delighted to be able to help our guests plan to get the very most out of their trips to Killarney. We also have specially made Lake Hotel maps and tour brochures available free of charge to our guests so make sure and avail of these during your stay. I will pass your compliments on to Catherine on front desk and Kirstin our beautician as you mention them in particular in your report both of them are fantastic members of our team and we are always making sure that our guests have a wonderful experience during their stays with us. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again.
Kind Regards, Niall Huggard – General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,400)

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We have just returned home from our third fantastic visit to The Lake Hotel, this time we stayed for three nights. The staff are so friendly and helpful, the location is fantastic. Food is excellent in both the bar and the restaurant and you have to experience the spa and a treatment with Kristen, she is the best! I am very happy to recommend this hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: We were disappointed with the Superior bedroom so we upgraded to a Deluxe bedroom which I would reco...

Dear Guest,
Just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us and for marking us so highly on you report. It is so nice to be able to welcome our guests back to us on repeat visits and we take it as a huge compliment that you choose to spend your special holiday time with us here at the lake. Thank you for your lovely comments regarding the team here at the hotel of whom we are very proud. Thank you also for your kind words about the quality of the food in both the Lake side bistro and our Castlelough restaurant I will pass those on to Noel our head chef and his team in the kitchen who do a great job producing top class locally produced food for our guests to enjoy. I will also pass your compliments on to Kirstin our beauty therapist as you mention her in particular in your review. Kirstin is a fantastic member of our team and is a wealth of knowledge for our guests on all things wellness and beauty. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Visited in March 2014 to celebrate above. Was treated royally.
Returned again last week (April). This is a fab hotel, family run and has the best customer service I have come across. Great location, great food and great service especially from Annette in reception.
Anne (cork)

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anne O

Dear Guest,
Just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us and for marking us so highly on you report. Congratulations on your retirement and I hope that your birthday break was made all the more enjoyable by staying with us here at the lake for the celebrations. Thank you so much for your lovely comments regarding our team here at the hotel we feel extremely lucky to have such dedicated and loyal employees here at the hotel and it is lovely to know that our guests pick up on this too. I will pass your special mention on to Annette in reception who only joined us this year and is already blended into the hotel like she was here for years already and doing a wonderful job looking after our guests. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Lovely Hotel with friendly helpful staff. We had a wonderful room with views over the lakes, we watched deer walking in the grounds from our bedroom window early one morning. The food was excellent. We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Friendly_Irish_Hotel, General Manager at Lake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us and for marking us so highly on your report. It is such a pleasure to read these trip advisor reviews today and to see how happy our guests were with their stays with us. We really appreciate your kind comments regarding the team here at the hotel of whom we are very proud I will pass those on to them. It is nice to see that you got the opportunity to see the deer during your stay they really make a picture postcard image strolling across the edge of the lake with the ruins of the McCarthy Mór Castle in the backdrop. We really appreciate you recommending us so highly to other trip advisor readers thank you most sincerely for this. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us soon again and thank you once again for this lovely review.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed in the 4 poster rooms ,with my daughter. The view and ambiance of the hotel is unreal. I love all the wages and account ledgers from years ago,they are so interesting . The room was so spacious and spotlessly clean.
The staff were welcoming and so helpful in every way. I am still full from breakfast which was out of this world,and to top it off we got a window seat overlooking the lake bliss.
I cannot say enough good things about my time at the lake,to finish I will be back and I can't wait.
Well done to all the team there.

Room Tip: Def get a room on top floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us and for marking us so highly on your report. The four poster rooms are a real treat alright and have that lovely little touch of luxury. I’m glad to read that you enjoyed the old memorabilia that we have left around the hotel for our guest’s enjoyment. The hotel has a rich history and it is lovely to be able to share this with our guests and for them to be able to take a glimpse of past times. Thank you for your lovely comments about our team here at the hotel who do a great job in ensuring that our guests get top class service during their visits I will pass those on to them. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us soon again and thank you once again for this lovely review.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed here at the weekend, on our 6th stay! It was a last minute trip on the back of the past guest offer, which was great value for money. We stayed in one of the older lake view rooms (we usually stay in the new wing) and everything was good. Great view and love the Jacuzzi bath. Furniture and decor is dated but didn’t bother us too much, although if your budget allows I would opt for the deluxe lake views in the new part. Staff were friendly as always, and it’s nice to see the same staff there year on year, always think it’s a good sign of a happy workforce. We ate in the restaurant one night and the bar the second night, all lovely. However, I do feel quality in the restaurant has dwindled slightly over the years. All in all a lovely stay and we will definitely return, we never stay anywhere else when in the area. The staff and views are unrivalled.

Room Tip: go for deluxe lake view if your budget allows.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us and for marking us so highly on your report. Thank you for choosing to return to us on a regular basis it is always lovely to welcome back familiar faces. I’m glad that you felt that the past guest offer was great value for money we send these offers out on a quarterly basis to our repeat guests as a gesture of appreciation of their business. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our team here at the hotel of whom we are very proud as they are very dedicated to ensuring that all of our guests have a great time during their stays with us. I note your comments regarding the restaurant. We are always doing our best to continue to strive towards excellence in all areas of the hotel and we will always listen to any feedback a guest has that will help us improve on the quality of the products and services we offer. Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time if there is anything specific that you would like to see improved in the hotel. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us soon again and thank you once again for this lovely review.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed at the lake hotel at least five times now a kept meaning to do a review, if your looking for excellent staff and a relaxing getaway look no further, the Huggard family pull out all the stops. Food in the in the bar and restaurant are excellent as well. Also a very romantic setting in the evening time at the back of the hotel ( this is where I popped the question two years ago ) on the nicely lit walk way by the lake. Can't wait for our next stay to relax in the Canadian hot tub followed by a Guinness in the Devils Punchbowl. Eric & Aine

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us and for marking us so highly on your report. It is always a huge pleasure to welcome guests back on repeat visits to us we really appreciate you choosing to spend your special holiday time with us. I see that you choose the lake as the location to pop the question two years ago so I hope the hotel will always have fond memories for you. We are very lucky to have the privilege of being able to help our guests make memories to treasure during their special holiday time with us. I will pass your kind comments regarding the food and the bar on to our team here at the hotel. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us soon again and thank you once again for this lovely review.