“Better than the first time.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lake Hotel

Lake Hotel
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
“Better than the first time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Three years ago we ventured down here as a trip to get away from the city for a relaxing few days. Now on our second trip I feel the place has actually exceeded our inflated estimations of it three years ago. On the first night we had a beautiful three course meal, while looking out over the beautiful scenery from the restaurant. The soothing scene of mountains rolling into picturesque lakes. The room (while not exactly cheap) had a luxurious four poster bed and again idyllic views of the lakes and mountains. But what really made the trip stand out was the incredible staff. All had welcoming smiles and a bit of banter. From the receptionists to the bar staff and the managers all five star customer service.
An ideal place to go to recharge the batteries, and a place that will always remain very special to my fiancée and I.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Friendly_Irish_Hotel, General Manager at Lake Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Just a quick note of thanks for posting such a lovely review about your recent stay with us. It is always a great pleasure for us to welcome our guests back on repeat visits and we take it as a huge compliment that they choose to return to us to spend their special holiday time with us. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the quality of food that you received during your visit I will pass these on to Noel and his team in the kitchen who always produce the very best local cuisine for our guests to enjoy. I particularly appreciate your kind comments about our team here at the hotel of whom we are very proud. We are extremely lucky to have a team of dedicated employees who often go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that our guests have a holiday to remember and make memories to treasure during their stays with us. I do hope that we can welcome you back to us soon again and that we can continue to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Niall Huggard – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (717)
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

My girlfriend and I recently returned to the lake house again a year after our first visit and our stay once again surpassed expectation. An initial stay for two nights quickly turned into a third as we once again quickly recognised the comfort and tranquility of the place. For us, this is the top hotel in Killarney. Having stayed in all the other five star hotels in the area, the lake house matches them all. From the friendly and flawless staff to the excellent bar staff and constant presence of one of the Huggard brothers as managers, the hotel has an effortless class that places you at constant ease. The surroundings are simply stunning and as far as retreats go, we will be making this an annual trip from our galway home. We ate in the bar and the food was really nice along with the breakfast which easily tops those offered in Muckross house and others. For a hotel that does not treat you like simply a number, go to the lake house. Thanks to Brenda in reception, the managers and the excellent staff in general who simply facilitate your every need. We will be back and look forward to it.

Ronan and Noelle, Galway

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Friendly_Irish_Hotel, General Manager at Lake Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Lake Hotel and for choosing the Lake Hotel for your holiday to Killarney. What a lovely comment that your stay surpassed your expectations that is very kind of you to say. There is no greater compliment for us than for a guest to actually extend their stay during their visit as they are enjoying themselves so much. Thank you for your lovely compliments regarding the standard of food during your visit I will pass these on to our new head Chef Noel and his team in the kitchen who do a great job in providing top class local cuisine for our guests to enjoy. We appreciate you saying that The Lake Hotel does not just treat you as a number which is the case in so many hotels these days. We aim to provide a home away from home feel for all of our guests so that they can feel welcome and relaxed during their time with us. And it is lovely to hear that our guests pick up on this. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again and thank you most sincerely once again for such a lovely report.

Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have stayed at this magnificent hotel twice now. Both stays were absolutely perfect. The first stay was in November and the second was on Valentines weekend this year. There's something really special about this place that sets it above all the rest. The location has a lot to do with it I guess but that's not all. Waking up on a frosty November morning to take some of the most beautiful landscape photographs I have ever taken, right from the comfort of our own private balcony, was one of the highlights of my year! Seeing the deer walk across the lawn is a tiny bit magical too. The staff are so welcoming and helpful.The food and service is top notch. Breakfast is excellent. You have so much choice! Afternoon Tea is just a delight. Highly recommended after a long walk in the National Park. I could go on and on.. Just go! Stay here for at least two nights..One won't be enough, trust me! I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Four Poster Deluxe is just right!
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank thebear519
Dear Guest,

Just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Lake Hotel and for marking us so highly on your report. It is always a great pleasure to welcome repeat guests back to the hotel and we are very lucky to be able to build up a great relationship with our clients over the years which with their feedback enables us to continue to improve on what we offer to our guests here at the hotel. I’m glad to read that you got some great photos during your visit as you will see from around the hotel and on our face book page I am a big fan of photography myself and I really feel there is no better location for the scenery, wildlife including our deer and natural beauty than the lake. Thank you also for your kind comments regarding our team here at the hotel of whom we are very proud I will pass those on to them. Thank you also for your comments regarding the quality of food that you received throughout your stay I will pass those on to our new Head Chef Noel and his team in the kitchen who are doing a great job in continuing to provide top class locally produced cuisine for our guests to enjoy. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again and thank you most sincerely once again for such a lovely report.

Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Just back this evening from The Lake Hotel Killarney. Two night stay to relax and unwind and that's exactly what we both did ....heaven on earth would be my caption for The Lake Hotel,The care and attention was top class.Food was excellent both morning and evening,Staff very friendly and gave 100% attention to each and every person.gym was great the view was superb got the job done,hot tub and sauna fantastic very well run and immaculate clean,Rooms where very comfortable and welcoming..slept like a log,we will be returning to The Lake Hotel soon thank you to all the staff for making our stay a fantastic weekend for us .....Don t waste time book and try heaven on earth

Room Tip: hotel a nice drive down from entrance.....no traffic noise unlike most hotel's all on roadside
1 Thank Caroline O
Dear Guest,

Just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Lake Hotel and for marking us so highly on your report. It is such a pleasure today responding to our most recent guest reviews since we re-opened and hearing how happy our guests were with the products and services that they received during their visits to us. What a lovely caption to give us Heaven on Earth thank you so much for this high praise. Thank you also for your kind comments regarding the quality of food and service that you received during your stay. I will pass those on to our team who do a fantastic job in ensuring that our guests get a holiday to remember during their stays with us. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again and thank you most sincerely once again for such a lovely report.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Wow the LAKE HOTEL is the place for an relaxing time and to be spoiled ,, Food is really nice ,, best breakfast in a hotel ever congrat;ates for a delightfull breakfast buffet ,, sitting in the hot tube outside with that wonderfull view of the lakes and mountians u feel as if ur in an other world ,, we stayed in the deluxe rooms , lots of space , the views fr the double doors wow ,, Thsnk you so much for a very relaxing treat ,, trish

Room Tip: THe deluxe is so amazing with ur own jazzcui in bathroom .
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Lake Hotel and for marking us so highly on your report. What a lovely compliment that the breakfast that you enjoyed here was the best hotel breakfast that you ever experienced, the kitchen will be very pleased to hear this remark. It is always a pleasure for us to hear that our guests left after their stay feeling happy and relaxed and willing to come back to us again at some point in the future. I’m glad to hear that you also enjoyed our outdoor hot tub which is a lovely relaxing spot to enjoy the beauty of the lake, surrounding mountains and nature all around you. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again and thank you most sincerely once again for such a lovely report.

Niall Huggard - General Manager
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel with a friend shortly after it opened for Spring. What struck me about this hotel is that it is almost the exact opposite of a soulless modern hotel. It is a family run hotel where you can feel the connection with the past. The staff were all incredibly nice and friendly and the bedroom was massive with a great view of the ruined castle on the lake. Just sitting in the lounge area in front of the fire watching people come and go was great. Dinner and breakfast were really lovely. I will come back!

Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

Just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Lake Hotel and for marking us so highly on your report. Thank you for choosing the Lake Hotel for your holiday in Killarney. I am so glad to hear that you picked up on “the difference family run” ethos that we have here at the lake hotel. We aim to have a relaxed and welcoming feel for all of our guests who visit us so that they can experience a home away from home feeling during their stays with us. I’m pleased to read that you were happy with the room that you were allocated during your visit and of course the views from the window of your room. The lounge is indeed a great place to just sit back, relax and enjoy the beauty of the lake outside and watch the world going by. Thank you also for your kind comments about our team who are like extended members of our family their dedication to ensuring that our guests have a great holiday with us is what makes our hotel really special. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again and thank you most sincerely once again for such a lovely report.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed at the lake hotel 20th of feb on arrival I was upgraded to a deluxe room without saying a word... Well what a surprise I had when I entered the room... It was the most beautiful view I'd ever seen between the room and the view the combination left me smiling the whole time I was there...!!. It superseded my number 1 experience which was Mauritius a luxury resort .. So the lake is at the top of my list number one!!!... Friendly staff don't hesitate staying at this hotel you'll be in for a treat..!!!. I know I'll be back again for sure!!!! Thank you so much for the upgrade to the beautiful room.

Angela from cork Ireland

Room Tip: Deluxe room!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Lake Hotel and for marking us so highly on your report. Wow what a lovely comment that our very own Lake Hotel has surpassed Mauritius as your number 1 hotel experience thank you so much. We are very lucky in Killarney to be situated in one of (in our opinion) the most beautiful places in the world. Looking out at the lake only this morning there were a few deer grazing on the lawn in front of the hotel and the lake was perfectly still with a slant of sunlight hitting it in a most beautiful way a smile was brought to my own face too nobody could ever tire of that view. Thank you also for your kind comments regarding our team here at the hotel and the service that you received during your visit. We are extremely lucky to have a loyal and dedicated team here at the hotel who ensure our guests get a great holiday experience during their visits to us. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again and thank you most sincerely once again for such a lovely report.