“WOW what an amazing place to relax and be spoiled ,,, Enjoyed my stay very much ,,”
Review of Lake Hotel

Lake Hotel
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Wow the LAKE HOTEL is the place for an relaxing time and to be spoiled ,, Food is really nice ,, best breakfast in a hotel ever congrat;ates for a delightfull breakfast buffet ,, sitting in the hot tube outside with that wonderfull view of the lakes and mountians u feel as if ur in an other world ,, we stayed in the deluxe rooms , lots of space , the views fr the double doors wow ,, Thsnk you so much for a very relaxing treat ,, trish

Room Tip: THe deluxe is so amazing with ur own jazzcui in bathroom .
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Friendly_Irish_Hotel, General Manager at Lake Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Lake Hotel and for marking us so highly on your report. What a lovely compliment that the breakfast that you enjoyed here was the best hotel breakfast that you ever experienced, the kitchen will be very pleased to hear this remark. It is always a pleasure for us to hear that our guests left after their stay feeling happy and relaxed and willing to come back to us again at some point in the future. I’m glad to hear that you also enjoyed our outdoor hot tub which is a lovely relaxing spot to enjoy the beauty of the lake, surrounding mountains and nature all around you. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again and thank you most sincerely once again for such a lovely report.

Niall Huggard - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (750)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel with a friend shortly after it opened for Spring. What struck me about this hotel is that it is almost the exact opposite of a soulless modern hotel. It is a family run hotel where you can feel the connection with the past. The staff were all incredibly nice and friendly and the bedroom was massive with a great view of the ruined castle on the lake. Just sitting in the lounge area in front of the fire watching people come and go was great. Dinner and breakfast were really lovely. I will come back!

Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

Just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Lake Hotel and for marking us so highly on your report. Thank you for choosing the Lake Hotel for your holiday in Killarney. I am so glad to hear that you picked up on “the difference family run” ethos that we have here at the lake hotel. We aim to have a relaxed and welcoming feel for all of our guests who visit us so that they can experience a home away from home feeling during their stays with us. I’m pleased to read that you were happy with the room that you were allocated during your visit and of course the views from the window of your room. The lounge is indeed a great place to just sit back, relax and enjoy the beauty of the lake outside and watch the world going by. Thank you also for your kind comments about our team who are like extended members of our family their dedication to ensuring that our guests have a great holiday with us is what makes our hotel really special. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again and thank you most sincerely once again for such a lovely report.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed at the lake hotel 20th of feb on arrival I was upgraded to a deluxe room without saying a word... Well what a surprise I had when I entered the room... It was the most beautiful view I'd ever seen between the room and the view the combination left me smiling the whole time I was there...!!. It superseded my number 1 experience which was Mauritius a luxury resort .. So the lake is at the top of my list number one!!!... Friendly staff don't hesitate staying at this hotel you'll be in for a treat..!!!. I know I'll be back again for sure!!!! Thank you so much for the upgrade to the beautiful room.

Angela from cork Ireland

Room Tip: Deluxe room!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Lake Hotel and for marking us so highly on your report. Wow what a lovely comment that our very own Lake Hotel has surpassed Mauritius as your number 1 hotel experience thank you so much. We are very lucky in Killarney to be situated in one of (in our opinion) the most beautiful places in the world. Looking out at the lake only this morning there were a few deer grazing on the lawn in front of the hotel and the lake was perfectly still with a slant of sunlight hitting it in a most beautiful way a smile was brought to my own face too nobody could ever tire of that view. Thank you also for your kind comments regarding our team here at the hotel and the service that you received during your visit. We are extremely lucky to have a loyal and dedicated team here at the hotel who ensure our guests get a great holiday experience during their visits to us. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again and thank you most sincerely once again for such a lovely report.

Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed for one night at the Lake Hotel. We wanted one night away for ourselves without the kids, to relax and unwind and boy did this hotel deliver. From beginning to end it was wonderful. Friendly, efficient staff at reception, with complimentary coffee & scones voucher for being a returning customer. We had treated ourselves to Master Deluxe Lake view room, which was totally worth it! Breath-taking views of the lake greeted you as you entered the room and even though it was raining, it didn't detract from the view whatsoever. We ate in the bistro, which is a more relaxed affair than the restaurant but the food was delicious. 24 hours at this hotel felt like a week away. Stress free and peaceful with a luxurious feel is how I would sum up this hotel. The only thing I could perhaps criticise in any way is the lack of a longer walk on the hotel grounds. Sometimes when just staying on a short visit you don't want to have to drive somewhere else to go for a walk and the hotel is in a wonderful setting it is a pity that this is not taken advantage of. That said, myself and my husband have decided to make this an annual treat as it was such a lovely experience.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Lake Hotel and for marking us so highly on your report. How lovely a night away just to relax and unwind and get away from the every day stress and busyness of life. I’m thrilled to hear that we delivered on your expectations and that your short stay felt like a real break away. The Master Deluxe Rooms are a real luxury treat alright and there is no nicer sight to pull the curtains open to in the morning then the beauty of the lake and nature outside your window. Thank you also for your lovely comments regarding the standard of food that you received in our Lakeside Bistro I will pass these on to Colman and his team in the kitchen who do a great job in sourcing the very best local ingredients and cooking them to perfection for our guests to enjoy. It is always a huge compliment when we hear that guests would consider coming back to us in the future we thank you for that kind comment. Please contact us at reception for a free Lake Hotel Map during your next visit as there are some fantastic walks that can be taken which start right here on the grounds of the hotel. Our team at front desk are more than happy to recommend the very best walks that can be taken during your visit. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again and thank you most sincerely once again for such a lovely report.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had our wedding at this fantastic, family run hotel 11 days ago. It was an occasion that we will never forget, fantastic staff, food, views and service. The Huggard family, Tony, Niall, Coleman and Joe were highly efficient, very friendly and hard working. Every member of staff throughout the hotel could not have been better. They were friendly, efficient and very helpful, all a credit to the hotel. They really made our wedding very special.
On our first visit to the hotel several months ago, we were very fortunate to meet two outstanding members of staff, Deirdre and Emanuele. They very quickly advised us how our wedding could be catered for, even though the number of people attending were higher than they would normally cater for. Over the months Deirdre coordinated our wedding and was in regular contact with us ensuring that that all our wishes were carried out. She was really helpful, informative, patient, very friendly and efficient throughout. She really made it all so easy for us.
The head Chef, Coleman Huggard gave us an outstanding menu to choose from. He offered us three main courses, and we choose Sirlion steak, black sole and chicken. He assured me that everything would be cooked to perfection. I don’t know how he did it, but everything was as he promised, it could not have been better. Our guests commented that their steaks were cooked exactly as they requested, which must have been very difficult when over eighty people had steak.
Joe Huggard, and his team Stephen, Ben and James at the hotel bar were excellent, and treated our guests very well.
We would not hesitate to recommend this great hotel to anyone, whether for a function or a holiday break. It is only a few feet from the lake, is very relaxing and peaceful. We can’t wait to go back.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lake are great
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Friendly_Irish_Hotel, General Manager at Lake Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Guests,
Just a quick note to thank you most sincerely for posting this lovely review about your wedding which took place at the hotel recently. It was an absolute pleasure to host this happy and joyful event and to be part of making your special day just right. Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our team here at the hotel and the service that you and your guests received throughout the celebrations. I have passed your lovely comments on to Deirdre and Emanuele in particular as you mention them especially in your review and I know that both of them worked particularly hard in making your event a success. Thank you also for the lovely comments regarding the standard of food on the night and we are thrilled that you felt it could not have been better and that all of your guests were satisfied with the quality provided. I hope that we can welcome you both back to us soon again and thank you most sincerely for this fantastic review.
Niall Huggard - General Manager
Dublin
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Such a great hotel. Incredible views!
My room, on 5th floor was hard to find but worth the wait!
The outdoor hot tub was such good fun even though it rained.
The food was incredible, both dinner and breakfast and staff in restaurant are so attentive.

Room Tip: 5th floor rooms are fantastic! Silent and large.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank RachelBrowne
Friendly_Irish_Hotel, General Manager at Lake Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Lake Hotel and for marking us so highly on your report. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and that you decided to use the outdoor hot tub which is great fun even in the crazy weather we are having recently. The rooms on the 5th floor are beautiful alright and the views are only out of this world a real special treat for special occasions or for that little bit of luxury for your break away. As I said in my response to the last guest review who also attended the recent exclusive wedding here we were delighted to cater for this exclusive wedding event and felt it was a huge success for all involved. Our team here throughout the hotel really enjoyed hosting this event and the feedback that we received for this event from the guests was really outstanding. (The hotel accepts private wedding bookings on Monday to Thursdays in February, March and November, terms and conditions apply.) I would like to thank you most sincerely once again for such a lovely report and for recommending us so highly to Trip Advisor readers I hope that we can welcome you back to us soon again.

Galway
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I have just arrived back from a wedding at the Lake Hotel and can honestly not fault my stay.

The food is possibly some of the best food I have ever tasted.
This wedding was a big wedding and I am sure the kitchen were under fierce pressure with such a big crowd but this did not show in anyway throughout the wedding meal. I had scallops, mushroom soup, steak (cooked to order) and a selection of desserts for my meal. The main course came with a large selection of vegetables and potatoes.
Rooms had lots of space with great heating & wifi.
The staff went above and beyond for all guests throughout the 4 days.
We ate at the hotel for the remainder of our stay. Bar food and restaurant food was just top class with great service.
You really felt comfortable and welcome at the Lake Hotel. We were so happy with our stay that we have booked another weekend there in July!
I would highly recommend anyone visiting Killarney to stay here, it was such an enjoyable 4 days.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lunch_foodie
Dear Guest,

Just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Lake Hotel and for marking us so highly on your report. Thank you for posting the lovely pictures of some of the meals that you enjoyed during your visit I was getting hungry just looking at your photos! Colman and his team in the kitchen will be thrilled to hear that you felt it was some of the best food that you have ever experienced as they really do work hard to deliver the little extra touches to all of their dishes here at the hotel to make them exciting and delicious for our guests. The Lake Hotel was delighted to cater for this exclusive wedding event and felt it was a huge success for all involved. Our team here throughout the hotel really enjoyed hosting this event and the feedback that we received for this event from the guests was really outstanding. (The hotel accepts private wedding bookings on Monday to Thursdays in February, March and November, terms and conditions apply.) It is the ultimate compliment for us that guests book their next stay with us before even leaving the hotel we really appreciate this and would like to thank you most sincerely once again for such a lovely report and for recommending us so highly to Trip Advisor readers.