“A little taste of Mexico in the heart of Killarney”
Review of Casita Mexicana

Casita Mexicana
Ranked #22 of 186 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“A little taste of Mexico in the heart of Killarney”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Myself and my husband were staying in Killarney last weekend and had the pleasure of eating in the lovely Casita Mexicana. We started off with some tapas, prawns, meatballs and pulled pork which was very tasty, we washed this down with a lovely bottle of pinot grigio at a very reasonable price. He then had a prawn burrito and I had mince tacos with rice and chips (yes they do half and half in Killarney). I have to say my tacos were absolutely gorgeous. I can't recommend this beautiful little restaurant enough, the 2 ladies who were working last Thursday night (I’m not sure if they were owner/manager/waitress) were so lovely and welcoming. They were attentive without being overbearing which I really dislike in a restaurant. I will make a point of eating here anytime I’m in Killarney and am already looking forward to my next trip. To anyone visiting Killarney you have got to eat here, I promise you will not be disappointed.

Dublin, Ireland
“Brilliant place for a laid back night out”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Tried Casita Mexicana over the weekend. The restaurant is a little hidden away but well worth visiting. We tried a range of dishes across the menu and everything was delicious. In particular would highly recommend the seafood sharing platter. Also the Irish craft beer they serve is fantastic.

1 Thank Niall G
“Casual, comforting food in a lovely cosy atmosphere”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Perfect in every way on a cold April evening. We were frozen when we landed in the door! That quickly changed however.. The atmosphere created by Victoria and the owner Yve was extremely warm and friendly...the restaurant was very cosy and intimate, and the food delicious. The dishes are nicely presented...simply done with attention to detail, full of flavour and perfect for sharing...also excellent value for money! Well done everyone and continued success..we'll see you very soon (-:

London, United Kingdom
“Good for coeliacs”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Seriously, they have a sign outside saying so. And they do serve corn tortillas, but they taste packaged. If you do order the nachos, get them with cheese; otherwise it looks like someone just emptied a bag into a bowl and served them. The staff were lovely and the food was okay, but I wouldn't go out of my way.

Visited April 2013
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Nothing but the best.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Having been recommended to Casita Mexicana by trip Advisor, we decided to try out this restaurant on our visit to Killarney. The restaurant was beautifull. the waitress greeted us with a warm and genuine smile. We had two small children which can be hard work ordereing food for but the staff were very patient and helpful. Our meals were served very prompt and were absolutely delicious, and very cheap considering the quality of our meals. Afterwards we were able to speak to the owners who were extremely friendly and very passionate about their trade. We would definately recommend Casita Mexicana to anybody, young families too as our children were extremely welcomed. A top class restaurant, meals, and staff. We shall definately go back before we leave. Thank you Casita Mexicana.

• Visited March 2013