“Would Not Recommend”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I love Mexican food and was delighted to discover that Killarney has a Mexican restaurant. Unfortunately, my experience at Casita Mexicana did not live up to my expectations as the food was disappointing but also because I had never experienced such bad service in a restaurant. For example, when the waitress arrived at our table with one order that was incorrect she exhaled a frustrated sigh and stormed off with the plate. My friends and I were upset when we explained the different problems we encountered during the meal to the manager and we received a superior and condescending response. I was genuinely shocked by the entire experience and will certainly not be returning.

4  Thank BoldKItty
casitamexicana, Owner at Casita Mexicana, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

This is the third review from this group who dined with us last summer and threatened to post bad reviews if we did not give their group a discount on their bill. This practice, known as blackmail dinning, is on the increase and the previous two postings from the group have been removed by tripadvisot (they may well remove this one as well).

This actual review (ver batum) was posted by another from the group last year and subsequently deleted by tripadvisor as malicious!

This is a harmful practice and we should all work to eradicate it, otherwise these Unscrupulous people will win by their threats.

We know our customers are to intelligent to fall for false reviews, particularly in the context of the other reviews posted here, and we hope that tripadvisor will work with us to eradicate this dreadful practice.

Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner here last weekend and I would highly recommend it , the service , staff and food was excellant. Please book on Saturday nights as the owner had to ask some customers that had not booked to come back later. We will be back :-)

Reviewed February 17, 2013

went with the family on our way home and stop at the restaurant we wanted to try for some times, service was very good, and friendly, the food was perfect and got nice food for the kids as well.
like i said very good night, and we will be back

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Just back from Killarney and we ate here last Saturday. We have no complaints. We were a bit lost and had to ring but we were directed straight to the door where we were made very welcome by our Welch hosts. We were wet and had young kids but this was not a problem. We had drinks, starters and mains and adults and kids were delighted by all. My colleague enjoyed the margaritas, they have local(ish) beers and the food was top notch. It was not at all expensive and we were even let out the back door to avoid some of the rain to get back. We will return.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Visited 2 weeks ago with my wife. The service was very friendly and efficient. We had some tapas and everything was delicious. The deep fried musels are incredible. We eat regularly here and it is consistently top notch. They also deserve great kudos for stocking Irish craft beers. I can't believe that it is only ranked number 10 in Killarney. There is no way that there are 9 better eateries in Killareny. Note that they are also coeliac friendly, and they'll cook the food with as much or as little spice as you want.

1  Thank reflecto