“Fantastic Mexican Food at great value- well worth a visit.”
Review of Casita Mexicana

Casita Mexicana
Ranked #12 of 193 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This restaurant is fabulous. From the minute you arrive at the front door- the decor and atmosphere are great. The woman who greeted us (I presume the owner) was so nice. She explained the menu in detail- as well as doing all your favourite mexican dishes in a choice of mild,medium, hot and mexican hot sauces, they do mexican tapas! We started with nachos to share- which were delicious, but hard to do badly I'd imagine. For mains I had tacos with a chili con carne filling and my partner had enchiladas with spicy chicken. Both were gorgeous. Really flavoursome and the right level of spiciness. I like cooking mexican food but have only eaten in 1 other mexican restaurant in Cork where I found the food to be quite bland and tasteless in comparison to here. They only offer 3 desserts- but you're so full after the mains it's hard to fit one in. I couldn't resist trying the chili chocolate pot tho- a tiny pot of thick chocolate mousse- the cream the mousse is made with has had chillis soaking in for a few hours and you just get a slight kick at the back of your throat once the chocolate taste disappears- very moreish!
The wonderful surprise at the end of the meal was the bill. For 1 starter, 2 mains, 1 dessert, a beer and a glass of wine it came to just under €40. Will definitely go back anytime I'm in Killarney- well worth a try.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had a super meal in this very welcoming restaurant. Great food and nice atmosphere. I would really recommend this restaurant. The photos do not do it justice. I would have posted some better ones, but the food was eaten already.

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch today. Service was excellent. My wife had an enchilada and I had a burrito. It was great value. Including chips the bill was only €15.50. The quality was fantastic and I would definitely be going back. The Lady also made a great suggestion to go to Just Deserts beside it which was a real treat.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

i have visited Casita Mexicana three times, once in its old venue and twice in its new one...my last visit was a Saturday in mid November 2012 and yet again...i was not disappointed! The owner is very nice and professional-she is willing to answer any questions about the meals and ingredients etc. The food itself is delicious-i would literally lick my plate if i wasn't so full after such a great meal..it is fantastic-you will not be hungry after it even though of course there is a taste of more off it!! :) Overall i would highly recommend Casita Mexicana (even though the prices may be slightly saucy- it is certainly worth it!) and i will no doubt be there again!! :)

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Went to this restaurant over the October bank holiday weekend for the first time. I actually found it on trip advisor and i was not dissapointed. I found the food excellent, really tasty and well worth the money. The service from the waitress was friendly as she made you feel so welcome.This makes a welcome change from some restaurants who i feel sometimes cant wait to get you out of the place in order to sell the table again. All in all a lovely meal and experience was had and for any visitor (as i was) or indeed local i would highly recommend this place.