“delicious”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2012

i have visited Casita Mexicana three times, once in its old venue and twice in its new one...my last visit was a Saturday in mid November 2012 and yet again...i was not disappointed! The owner is very nice and professional-she is willing to answer any questions about the meals and ingredients etc. The food itself is delicious-i would literally lick my plate if i wasn't so full after such a great meal..it is fantastic-you will not be hungry after it even though of course there is a taste of more off it!! :) Overall i would highly recommend Casita Mexicana (even though the prices may be slightly saucy- it is certainly worth it!) and i will no doubt be there again!! :)

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Went to this restaurant over the October bank holiday weekend for the first time. I actually found it on trip advisor and i was not dissapointed. I found the food excellent, really tasty and well worth the money. The service from the waitress was friendly as she made you feel so welcome.This makes a welcome change from some restaurants who i feel sometimes cant wait to get you out of the place in order to sell the table again. All in all a lovely meal and experience was had and for any visitor (as i was) or indeed local i would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I ate here about 2 months ago and were much impressed. It was early evening on a rainy Sunday, so the place was reasonably quiet -so no problem about a table when we strolled in.

We ordered a variety of tapas - these are much closer to the traditional tapas size - not the larger 'racion' type you can get sometimes. The service was good in my view (and friendly) - I'm not one of those who needs to get the food instantly - and then again, i don't like to be kept all night.

The food was tasty and enjoyable. We also shared dessert - the chili chocolate pot. It was a great chocolate dessert and isn't searingly hot - so don't be afraid.

My wife had a half carafe of sangria - which she liked (I was 'designated driver', so had a mouthful - which was good too).

The bill was under 40 euro - which was pretty good too.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Bright and lively ( in the main room) menu was varied, the food was good but tapas portions were small. Staff friendly, overall a good experience.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We ate twice here over a five day period, having eaten at the restaurant two or three times when it was situated elsewhere in the town (not in Innisfallen Mall any longer). The lady who co-owns the place was more than helpful on both occasions, as were the other staff we encountered, and the food was both first rate and plentiful, while offering good value. I have found some of the restaurants in Killarney somewhat lacking in adventure but Casita is a pleasant change. I would have no hesitation recommending this restaurant.

2  Thank TimRannMirfield