“Delicious Experience @ Casita Mexicana”
Review of Casita Mexicana

Casita Mexicana
Ranked #21 of 191 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2012

During Kilarney Race week we decided to dine at Casita Mexicana and wow we were pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious, the atmosphere of the restaurent was nice and relaxed and the staff were lovely and friendly. We weren't really familiar with Mexicana food however our waitress walked us through the menu in a really helpful way and helped us place orders that weren't too hot for us. The food orders were great, lovely and fresh and home cooked. Definately we became fans of Mexician food that night. Looking forward to dining again there soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I loved the food here and left the place stuffed! We only went for lunch but we had starter, main and dessert for under €20 which I was very impressed with. The staff are lovely and the food was so tasty! Some people are saying 'it doesn't taste mexican' but as far as I'm concerned- you're not in Mexico! The food was delicious, wherever it was from! I will be going back for sure!

1  Thank KareyS_88
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The food was OK but the margaritas are way too expensive for the small glasses that they are served in. The food also seemed over-priced.

1  Thank SBTChicago_IL
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I popped into Casita Mexicana with some work colleges a few weeks back for a work night out. We had decided to try something different so Mexican seemed like a good idea. I had been before but my 2 colleges had not. The experience was superb, so much so that we discussed little else for 2 hours after leaving the restaurant.

There's an really good variety on the menu and options of how hot you wanted your dish served (mild, hot or very hot). My German friend likes his food to have a good kick so he order "hot", only to be asked if he wanted "Irish hot or Mexican hot". Very impressive!

There was an array of tastes from each dish that would make you feel like ordering more and more because you want more.... only problem is that the portion sizes are very generous so you will reach a point (probably half way through your main course) where you will need to ease off.

Service is spot on but you will not feel rushed in any way, the atmosphere is actually very relaxed.

I believe Jon & Yve (the owners) have moved premises to the High Street side of town. As long as the location is all that has changed I'll certainly be back again.

Reviewed June 7, 2012