“Overpriced and Definitely Not Mexican”
Review of Casita Mexicana

Casita Mexicana
Ranked #21 of 190 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I hate to give a bad review to a restaurant and I usually think even mediocre food is good. I'll start by saying my wife and I eat Mexican frequently at home, my wife's Latina and often makes some mean rice and beans. There was one other couple in the restaurant and we waited 30 min for our food, but I was able to overlook that. I got a chili con carne burrito with rice and my wife got chicken fajitas with rice. The burrito wasn't even that - no cheese, sour cream, onions or tomatos. It was simply kidney beans with rehydrated beef in a tortilla with spaghetti - yes, spaghetti sauce, drizzled on top. The chicken my wife had tasted like chicken curry (I love Indian food but not when it's supposed to be Mexican). The rice was clearly instant rice with no flavor. We left the rice and most of our entree, paid the bill and left. Would not return to this place.

6  Thank John S

Reviewed April 6, 2012

A really lovely restaurant, not the biggest, so check availability but the food is beautiful, prices reasonable and service great. Recommend the tempura mussels!

Reviewed April 3, 2012

An intimate Mexican/Tapas in the heart of Killarney Town Centre-in a little shopping mall quite hidden so do ask for directions! Latin American music, welcoming staff and good size portions. My husband had Chicken and Chorizo Enchiladas where he was asked how he wanted the chorizo done and how hot! I had chicken skewers with mexican spicy rice, although glancing around I would happily have eaten anything that came out of the kitchen. These dishes together with a mexican beer and a glass of Pinot Grigiot came to €40.00.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Went to this restaurant with my girlfriend and i think it was the nicest food i ever had and i had some really nice food in my life time. The tapas where great as a starter and i had chilli con carni fajitas and she had enchaladas and they where both amazing and so big so come hungry. Also try and book a table as i counted the seating in the restaurant and theres only 16 seats and i seen them turning people away who couldnt be seated and most of them went to the thai place beside casita mexicana which we tried the next night but it wasnt near as nice. 3 tapas 2 mains and a bottle of wine for 65 euro you cant beat that.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Great authentic mexican food. Tempura muscles with chilli mayo starter to die for. You will not be hungry coming out of this restaurant. Both the owners work here as chef and front of house and the lady owner is very friendly and happy to answer any questions. She also makes a mean margarita! They also do take away which I will Avail of in the future. I will be back!