“Great Service and Great Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casita Mexicana

Casita Mexicana
Ranked #21 of 182 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Ireland
“Great Service and Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Myself and the hubby were down in Killarney for the weeekend.
We had a deal with the Riverside Hotel for two nights B&B and one evening meal and so ate there on the Friday night.
We spent the whole day on Saturday doing the beautiful Ring of Kerry and were tired when we came home.
We had no reservations for dinner on Saturday night and decided to wing it.

I had read up on here about some restaurants and had taken note on my phone.
We decided to try and see if we could get a table in Casita Mexicana.
The lady on the desk was very nice and asked us if we had a reservation and when we said no she said shed see what she could do.
She knew some tables were going to become available soon but could not tell us exactly when.
She took my mobile number and told me shed ring me as soon as a table became available.
We were happy enough to wait and so went to a nearby pub for a drink.
We were only waiting about 15 minutes and she called to say there was a table for us.

The food choice and quality was great and we really enjoyed our meal here.
If it were not for TA I would not have known about this place.
As other posters have mentioned it is in a shopping mall that does not really look that inviting and you would not know about it unless you ventured in.
It is a very small place with just a few tables so we were very lucky to have been able to dine here.
I would highly recomend this place for the great food and service.

• Visited March 2012

Bury St Edmunds, England
“Just really tasty Mexican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

If you are in Killarney, search out this place tucked away in a rather rundown arcade with the fancy name of Innisfallen Shopping Mall off the High Street. As with any other restaurant, the important thing is the food and this is fresh, spicy Mexican food nicely cooked and presented. I can do a pretty fancy chilli con carne but this one was better than mine served with some really tasty Mexican rice. We were in there quite early, there was an early bird discount, and everyone else in there had found the place on Trip Advisor and made a beeline for it. The service was friendly and the price was very competitive for Killarney which can be very expensive with a hint of mutton dressed as lamb served up in some of the posher outlets.

Visited March 2012
Joplin, Missouri
“Welcome to Enchilada Town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

On the last night of our stay my American traveling companion demanded Mexican. I thought, "Mexican in Ireland? This won't go well." boy was I in for a pleasant suprise! we really enjoyed an amazing well priced meal here with outstanding service. The chicken fajitas I had were great, but my friend is still singing the praises of the medium-spicy Chili Con Carne Enchilada he had. It's a tiny bit off the beaten path, but only a 3-5 minute walk from any of the hotels around the city center.

Kerry, Ireland
“We are regulars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

My wife, my son and I have been here 3 times in the last few months, we love getting 4 or 5 tapas and we all muck in and share, every time we have sent back empty plates! The hostess is lovely and even remembers our son's name, we will continue coming back and considering the 3 of us can eat so well for under €25 each time we would all definitely give Casita Mexicana 6 stars if possible!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent food for everyone, our server knew everything about the sites of Ireland!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

My wife and I found this restaurant this morning while searching for a breakfast spot and planned on coming back for dinner. Man, are we glad we did! The food was amazing! You are given the option to choose how spicy each meal is prepared which is perfect for my wife (mild) and I (hot). The ambience was terrific and the pace was perfect for us after a day on a tour bus on the Ring of Kerry. Mexican restaurants are very hard to find in Ireland and this one is better than any I have had in the States. We were able to have all of our questions answered about the sites in Killarney as well. This was just a great meal, bottom line. You will pay more than you would for pub fare but the food is absolutely worth every penny and this is not pub fare by a long shot. Order before 7 for an early bird deal.