“Old World, Great Location Friendly Top Service”
Review of Randles Hotel

Randles Hotel
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I always look forward to any visit to Killarney and for the first time we stayed at the Randles Court Hotel which is just outside the town, a handy walk from the town centre. From the moment we arrived we found the welcome, the service and the quality absolutely top class. The check-in was very efficient and completed inside a minute or two. Our visit to the bar and to the outside patio area to have a drink in the sun was a very pleasant experience and the service was top class. We did not have our main meal in the hotel but the breakfast was top class and the breakfast staff were friendly and efficient. The Head Waiter went above his duty to ensure we were satisfied. While not an inexpensive hotel, it is not exorbitant and the fact that you have complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and in the room is a major plus. The location is ideal, between five and ten minute walk to the town centre. Yes, I would return to the Randles Court without hesitation.

Room Tip: Our room at the back of the hotel was very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Excellent location 5 minutes walk from Killarney town center. Helpful staff, big beautiful rooms, good food, nice spa area with pool, lovely patio. Near the the scenic route Ring Of Kerry and Muckross House.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elisabet I
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed here for one night in July 2013 while on a business tour. Upon checking into my room, I went to make myself a cup of tea, only to find the tea mugs dirty with brown drips down the outside. Went into the bathroom to wash the mug, but the sink stopper handle came off in my hand. Worst was being awakened at 3:30 a.m. by my next door neighbors who spent the next hour thumping, loudly walking around, and throwing things. The walls are very thin and sounds carry. The old fashioned key to your room is difficult to use, and as a female traveling alone I really didn't want to stand there and fiddle with a key in the hallway. If I have a choice on my future tours, I will ask not to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Elisabeth W D
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I traveled with a tour group staying in 4 hotels over the course of our trip. By far, Randles Court was my & my traveling companions' favorite! If you are looking for a modern feel, then don't look here! It is old world styling down the the key used to unlock your door. It was a conveninet walk to town. The desk staff was very pleasant. I overheard various people asking for suggestions on where to eat & the young woman at the desk took the time to ask what the person had in mind & gave different reponses to each person that asked. For us, The Porterhouse. We had the 25 euro prix fixe menu, which is served between certain hours, and it was the best meal & value we had our whole trip! So much delicous food!! Someone else went to an Italian resturant she suggested & thought it ironic that the best Italian food they had was on a trip to Ireland!

Our group had dinner one night at the hotel, as well as breakfast 2 mornings. The food and service were wonderful.

My only minor complaint is that the windows open by either tilting in slightly from the top or they can be unlocked to swing open from the side, which provides much more airflow. The weather was warm & we did ask that someone open them using the side position. We were told no because it could be a danger for children. My party consisted of 4 people aged 55 yrs. & over so no issue there. Still, the request was not acccommodated while it was for other rooms.

Suggestion for an evening activity: The Original Killarney Ghost Tour. It was a fun & informative 2 hrs. Cost: Twenty euros. Not for little children but age 12 and up would enjoy. The front desk made the call to reserve our spot, which was kind of them.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank LuckyL
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Hubby and I have just returned from a short stay in Killarney at the Randles Court Hotel. The hotel is situated just on the outskirts and well within easy walking distance to the town itself and far enough to ensure you get a nights sleep. We had a signature room and were able to look out over the main road and get a glimpse of life in Killarney. Rooms were spacious and well serviced. We were on a B&B basis and the breakfasts were substantial and fresh. Our thanks to the staff who made the stay so much more enjoyable - their customer services are exceptionally high - without exception but special thanks to Natalie, & Laura and so many more whose name we didn't quite catch. We ate at the Dromhall Hotel - I believe a sister hotel to Randles and the food was fantastic. It is a busy setting both with locals and visitors and that is always a good sign. Again thanks to Stephen and Kevin and to all the others who served us with a smile and service. Killarney is a lovely place but the service of the staff at Randles and Dromhall made the stay just that bit more special. Thanks to all and this is definately worth visiting.

Room Tip: We stayed in a signature room and we did have partial view of the mountains. The room was spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank twohappytravellers5
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed in Randles for 1 night in June. Really loved the rooms - bit of an old world feel to them which they pulled off well. I was leaving very early the following morning and was facilitated with a nice continental breakfast. Reception were also really helpful in organising a taxi. Hotel is situated on the Muckross road and in walking ditance to town. Very Good

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2013

3 of us stayed here recently for 3 nights and we had a lovely stay, the room we stayed in was a triple room and it was very spacious and comfortable, the bathroom was also nice, it had a lovely shower too. The bar and reception areas were very comfortable to sit and have a drink and outside there was a lovely patio which we used in the evening, the breakfast was really nice with plenty of choices and the staff were very friendly and helpful in every part of the hotel, the next time we come to Killarney we will definitely be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family