“Great experience”

Outdoors Ireland - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a leading outdoor training, adventure and bushcraft company, with a small team of highly qualified and vastly experienced instructors; dedicated to providing the best service possible. We were the first adventure company in Ireland to achieve a gold environmental award and have a fantastic Trip Advisor rating! We are celebrating our eleventh year of operation this year, 2016. Join us for an intensive training course, an extreme adventure experience, or a magical relaxing kayak tour through the Lakes of Killarney...
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We did the 3 hour Lakes of Killarney kayaking and it was a superb experience. Our guide was Jason and he was friendly from the off. He has lots of great info to share about the area while you are kayaking which is great. He is also an excellent instructor, i wasnt a natural on the water by a longshot but he helped and cajoled and when we got out in the lake proper he was always nearby. The stop on Inishfallen Island was amazing, we managed to see a stag which just appeared out of nowhere for a couple of minutes. All in all it was a great morning and we would highly recommend this.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We did the full day kayaking on the lakes of Killarney. Our guide Jason was lovely and made everyone feel at ease. We really enjoyed the whole day and would recommend Outdoors Ireland to anyone!

1  Thank sarahtheblondie
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was a well run tour. I recommend the sunset kayak tour in summer. We had the lake to ourselves, worked on technique and got a private tour of some of the natural rock formations and island. We were fortunate enough to see quite a number of deer. Jason was informative and professional making the experience more comfortable for novice paddlers and ensuring our safety. If you visit Killarney this is a must do, take a water proof camera though I'm disappointed I couldn't get any photos of my family out on the lake.

OutdoorsIreland, Manager at Outdoors Ireland - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thanks a million for such a great review! Did you check this link to see your photos?
http://tinyurl.com/or5e2l3 - You may need to scroll down towards the bottom of the photo album.
Thanks Again! Nathan

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Just finished a Kayak trip around the lakes of Killarney. A wonderful day out in a small group. The trip was very well led, very safe and extremely interesting. There was a bit of rain, but so what - if you don't like the water, what are you doing in a kayak, and it just added to the experience. I would recommend this trip to everyone.

1  Thank John M
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had the opportunity to rock climb, kayak and hike with outdoors Ireland this past week. I had an amazing time. The first part of my trip began in the rain of course and the wind but Jason my guide was so accommodating and helpful in all the activities. Outdoors Ireland helped plan my activities according to my interests. I can not say enough positive things about Jason I guess you will have to sign up for a trip and see for yourself. Although Jason was my guide most of the time I kayaked on a sunset trip and a hike with Barry who was also interesting and lots of fun. I kayaked a full day with Jason and it was a fabulous trip. I climbed and hiked with Jason also and we didn't have the best of weather but it was still a positive experience . Thank you Jason for making this trip so memorable. Ireland is by far the best trip I have gone on and a huge thanks to Outdoors Ireland

OutdoorsIreland, Manager at Outdoors Ireland - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thanks Donna. It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to show you some of Kerry's hidden gems. Jason really enjoyed his week! Sorry I didn't have the chance to meet you. Hope your biking went well afterwards.