“Carrauntoohill climb 8th Sept 2012 - great day out!”

Outdoors Ireland - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a leading outdoor training, adventure and bushcraft company, with a small team of highly qualified and vastly experienced instructors; dedicated to providing the best service possible. We were the first adventure company in Ireland to achieve a gold environmental award and have a fantastic Trip Advisor rating! We are celebrating our eleventh year of operation this year, 2016. Join us for an intensive training course, an extreme adventure experience, or a magical relaxing kayak tour through the Lakes of Killarney...
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Tipperary
“Carrauntoohill climb 8th Sept 2012 - great day out!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Enjoyed a great day out with Outdoors Ireland climbing Carrauntoohill via the exclusive route through the 'heavenly gate'. Would definitely have struggled at the more technical stages of the climb only for our guides, Nathan and Barry. Coming down O'Shea's gully was even more challenging then the ascent, but the useful advice and guidance from Nathan made it achievable and fun!! During the 'sos beag' s, we learned a little about the history of the peaks through stories about how the various routes, lakes and gullys acquired their names. This made the climb interesting and memorable.

Ardagh, Limerick, Ireland
“Sunset Kayaking”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Went kayaking in Kerry recently with my 14 year old daughter, we had an amazing time. It was our first time and couldnt go any better, thanks to the kind and friendly instructor. He gaves us not only what we needed to know about kayaking and all the equipment required in great conditions but aswell history about the beautifull surroundings and islands on the lake. He even offered tea and chocolate while we visited one of the islands. Have to mention aswell that all emails and phone calls were answered strait away in a friendly and hepfull way. We cant wait to do it again :)

Zweibruecken, Germany
“Excellent Kayak Trip”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My friend and I had an amazing experience on this kayak trip. Our email got promptly answered and contained a list with useful stuff for the day out. On the day of the trip we were warmly welcomed by our instructor Jason who was very friendly and helpful. The equipment was new and clean. The tour itself is fantastic. When we went out to the lake the stunning scenery of the Killarney National Park impressed us alot. Jason our instructor provided us with interesting information about the Lakes and the National Park. All in all it was a wonderful experience.

Galway, Ireland
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing day on Ireland's highest mountain”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I booked my guided ascent of Ireland's highest mountain, Carrauntoohill, with Outdoors Ireland for Saturday, September 8th a few weeks ago. The confirmation email I received was prompt and prior to the day of our climb I received another confirmation email with directions and an equipment list which was clear and complete.
Myself and my fellow adventurers couldn't have asked for a better day or experience.
The weather was ideal for the amateur mountaineer that I am, clear blue skys, warm and dry. Our guide Nathan was professional, courteous, patient and has an obvious admiration all things outdoors.
Our ascent and descent were broken up into managable segments with Nathan pointing out the various features of each segment and highlighting useful tips for our comfort and safety.
This is the second time I used outdoors Ireland and I've had an amazing different experience on both occassions, I'll definitly be going on another of their adventures.
If you wish to join the few who've scaled Ireland's highest mountain, Nathan and Outdoors Ireland are the people to get you there and back.

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had a wonderful experience with Outdoors Ireland, from initial contact to the end the staff was extremely friendly & accommodating. Beautiful kayak trip - and it was perfect for all different levels of kayakers.

Visited August 2012