“Cannot understand other reviews!!”
Review of Brown Sugar Cafe

Brown Sugar Cafe
Ranked #140 of 190 Restaurants in Killarney
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Had a weekend away with my partner and went here last Sunday for a quick brunch before we left for home. I agree with all the reviews commenting on the food and decor; the interior is stunning and we couldn't fault the food. We were pleasantly surprised at the range of options for what we thought would be a simple cafe. But the staff? I must have been in a completely different cafe altogether. We were met at the counter with a genuine smile, something you don't come across too often. The waitress that brought us our food wouldn't even let us stand up to get cutlery which we forgot and she couldn't do enough for us. Every table was full and the staff were run off their feet yet we didn't feel rushed or unwanted there. As we left, the staff behind the food counter smiled and thanked us for our custom which was lovely; too often I have left a restaurant unacknowledged once my money has been spent! I really don't understand the other reviews; the service there is great. Overall, a wonderful, bustling cafe; I will most definitely be back when I return to Killarney!

1  Thank HannahOConnorCronin

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is worth finding as the food is exc and so is the value. Location could be easily missed. Cannot give 5 stars as the staff were generally indifferent- this is however a fairly common trait in many Irish establishments.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have been to Brown Sugar a number of times, food is good and the decor is lovely but one thing that lets the place down is the staff: they are not friendly and generally not welcoming.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Yesterday was my 3rd visit to this cafe. I had a fab piping hot panini. Staff could do with some smiles but otherwise a lovely lively cafe

Reviewed December 19, 2012

brought my 2 young sons for food for a christmas week treat was told no kids food after 3 o.clock by an older lady with bobed hair ??? working in the catering industry myself i have never heard of this i was showed the main menu but felt we where not welcomed so i left without saying anything as all is i would say if you are a cafe there should be no limits on childrens food during the day what a silly silly way to treat people who would give you business :( not good at all

7  Thank brightness_12