“Loved this hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Fairhope, Alabama
“Loved this hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights this September in a Jr. Suite (Room 354) and found it to be delightful! The hotel staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms were modern, spacious and quiet. This was my 7th hotel in my 4 week trip and it was nice to have such a wonderful place to return to after sightseeing all day. It is very centrally located to the town center as well. After seeing some of the other hotels we were considering in Killarney in the same class, I'm glad we made the decision to stay at this one. Hopefully we will get to stay here again one day.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for one night recently and it was an absolute pleasure, exceptional service and accommodation, we had a very long days driving and it was lovely to be able to relax in the comfort of this beautiful hotel. Service was excellent and staff very helpful, would love to have stayed another night, great location in the centre of town, will definitely return soon for a longer stay.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2009

I stayed at the Killarney Park Hotel for 2 nights with my partner. We had a wonderful stay at the hotel and were made to feel very welcome by the friendly staff throughout the hotel. The room was very large and beautifully decorated. The facilities in the hotel were excellent especially the fitness centre where the staff were particularly friendly and helpful. The food at the bar was also excellent and well priced. The location of the hotel is ideal for travellers wanting to explore Killarney National Park as well as the town centre. We would definiitely stay again.

Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2009

This hotel is ideally situated in Killarney being within easy walking distance to shopping , historical sights and restaurants and pubs.
The staff is warm and welcoming. The rooms are huge but very dated. The bedspreads need to be replaced. The pillows are flat and hard and the sheets must be muslin due to how scratchy they are. The bathrooms have one sink and are not large.

The Irish breakfast buffet and menu selections are varied and delicious. When ordering in room coffee service on average it took 2 minutes to be delivered to our room regardless of how early it was in the morning.

We tried the spa and had fabulous treatments.

Since the room and bed are probably the most important thing for us we would try a different hotel if we returned.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bantry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

My mum and I stayed at the Killarney Park Hotel from the 13-16 August. My brother and his family visited us during our stay. We were all totally blown away by the fabulous service and the great surroundings. Our room was lovely - very comfortable - and having recently had a holiday on Queen Mary 2 - dining in Queens Grill - we would happily say that KPH rivalled that service. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, from the Park Restaurant to the lovely staff in the Bar where we had dinner with the children. The receptionist's are just lovely and check you are okay everytime you pass. The children loved the pool and facilities. Don't wonder about this hotel - BOOK IT!! You will not be disappointed. Fionuala Foley.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank SwindonBantrygirl
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

We stayed in this hotel for 6 nights. Overall, this is a great hotel and you will not be disappointed with it. Here is my review under various headings:

Hotel
-------
The hotel itself is set back from the road and is an old house. This is not glitzy, large 5 star hotel stuff here, its a large old Irish house. Dont take that in a negative way, just outside it looks like a very nice, charming building. Generally its very quiet and relaxing. I did not see or use the "grounds" or gardens of the hotel but I dont think there is much to speak of here, but I could be wrong.

Staff
------
The staff are very efficient, well trained and helpful. Possibly a little too stand offish but I think this probably suits most people. By and large you have a mix of Irish and eastern european staff it seems. Top marks here.

Room
--------
The room we stayed in was just absolutely brilliant. On entering the room, there is a small corridor ending in a door to the bedroom. Off the corridor is the bathroom, seperated from the bedroom by two doors. The bedroom was large, spacious and had everything you could possibly need in it. Free internet, Iron, Trouser Press, Large Desk, Paper, Pens, etc, etc, etc... The TV is large with a good selection of channels. The bed iteself is very, very comforable and huge, I would say it was the biggest bed I ever slept in. Lots of pillows etc.. Overall the room was very very comfortable and a hard place to leave in the morning! The bathroom was good, spacious also, lots of room with nice cream floor to ceiling tiles. The shower was a bit small but not a big deal. All the usual stuff you expect in a 5 star bathroom is here.

Facilities
------------
The hotel has excellent facilities. Some hotels claim to have a pool and spa etc. and then when you see them they are tiny or afterthoughts. This hotel has a real pool, 20m, so you can actually get a good workout in it. it was not overly busy when I was there so it was great for me since I swim a lot. The jacuzzi and indoor hot tubs are, again, excellent and spacious. The sauna is not the biggest in the world and can fit about 3/4 people comfortably but is grand. Best of all - the outdoor hot tub, wow. We were there in January so it was cold out but this just made the outdoor tub all the better. Has to be tried - lovely. I did not use the gym so I dont know what this is like but it looked good. The spa treatment area is very nice, low lighting, comfortable etc.. I had a jacuzzi bath type treatment with jets (nice) and a massage (very nice). My wife had about 6 or 7 treatments and loved it. The spa area is also very spacious with a chill out area after treatments and seemed to have 4 or 5 seperate rooms. Again, can recommend it highly. The staff here are also very good and know their stuff.

Car Parking
----------------
Loads of car parking - all good here.

Bar
----
The bar area is not the best it has to be said. Kinda setup for eating and does not have much of an atmosphere but hey, you're 2 mins from Killarney town centre where there are plenty of pubs so not really an issue unless you prefer to drink in the hotel.

------------
The hotel is located 2 mins walk from the town centre and about 5/10 minute drive to Killarney National Park which is a beautiful park. So the location is top notch, no worries there at all. The park is beautiful, there are some amazing nature trails around the park that brings you around the lake - dont miss it. Get maps etc.. from the hotel, all the information you need is there.

Breakfast
-------------
For us, brekkie in the morning is very important! You will not be disappointed here, really has everything : all the cereals, juices, breads etc you would expect. Plus a menu where you can choose your hot breakfast if you want it e.g. full irish breakfast (sausages, bacon, eggs etc..), omlettes, you can even get a steak for breakfast if thats what you're into!

Dinner
--------
We ate 3 times in the restaurant. The first two were top notch and we ate inside the restaurant itself. During dinner there was someone playing the piano, the service and attention was good but not overbearing and the food was very nice. The last meal had to be eaten it in the bar area which is not that great of a bar. And also, my wife got food poisoning from this meal. We both had steak but my poor (pregnant) wife spent most of the night n the bathroom. We had not eaten anywhere else but the hotel that day so I guess this is where the hotel loses 5/5 and explains my 4/5 vote. The hotel restaurant was closed that night (we ate in the bar) and my guess is that she was served steak was not altogether fresh but obviously I am guessing here.

Misc
------
The hotel has a full sized snooker table in the snooker room - nice if you like snooker :)

The bad
-----------
Ok, so mostly good and its the kind of hotel that 99 times out of a 100 your stay will be fantastic but in the interests of completeness, the bad! Well, we were unlucky since my pregnant wife got food poisoning from a steak she ate on our last night there. When we checked out the next morning I informed the staff that my wife had gotten food poisoning and had been up all night and she asked me did I want to speak to a manager. I said it was not necessary I just wanted the information passed on. We received a call that day from a manager in the hotel asking me how my wife was and I explained that she was still a bit ropey but was getting better. The manager did mention that there were a "few incidences" last night but did not offer an apology, kinda was just checking to see if my wife was ok. The call was kinda quick and I was left feeling that the hotel was more interested in making sure they were not in trouble than making any kind of amends, which is not something we were looking for anyway. After spending close to 2000 euro in the hotel, I had expected at least an apology.

So there you have it, obviously the bad ending should not detract you from the hotel, as I said, we were unlucky but this was our experience so it is included here. Overall I would recommend this hotel, you will definitely not be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gimpotronitus
bend, oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights in July 2009. We had a great 2 room suite. Service was prompt and friendly. Within waling distance of most shops and restaurants in Killarney. We would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple