“Lovely hotel in a convenient location”

The Killarney Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Newton, Massachusetts
“Lovely hotel in a convenient location”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed at the Killarney Park hotel with a group last fall. The service was great, and our room was up to date, comfortably furnished, and looked like it had been updated recently. The restaurant, pub and other public rooms looked like they could use some updating, but were comfortable. The breakfast was great, the one dinner we ate at the hotel only fair. The location is very convenient - you can walk to the shops, restaurants, and pubs of Killarney, as you're right in the heart of town. Definitely would recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank West52

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed March 3, 2013

the staff were so nice and friendly, we got upgraded to a suite which was fab, lovely fireplace, very romantic, breakfast is a feast, the best smoked salmon I have had also the ham on the bone, lovely juice shots, give yourself pleanty of time to enjoy.
the spa area is nice but the hottub is tiny, It is more like a lesuire center than spa. location is prime and do call across the road to wholesomefoods for lunch.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cookscompany
KPHManager, General Manager at The Killarney Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting a review on your recent stay at Killarney Park Hotel. It is a real pleasure for all the team here to read that we delivered on our promise and you had such an enjoyable experience. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Kind regards,
kerry, ireland
Reviewed February 28, 2013

approx almost 3 weeks ago my 2 daughters and myself stayed in this gorgeous hotel, as we have often done before. we got a beautiful suite with a fire and 2 wash basins in the shower. the staff were soo friendly, as usual, and we couldnt complain about anything, and I cant understand the people that do complain. i think these people are just looking for to be compensated and to get a cut price. or free holiday. i stay in the park at least 3 times every year, and i just love it. even my 6 yr old grandaughter says "thats nanas favourite hotel", anytime she passes it !!, i"ll be back soon

Room Tip: all rooms are brilliant
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I am delighted to read that you plan on returning to stay with us in the near future. I only hope that stay is as memorable as your last. We also look forward to welcoming your granddaughter to "nana's hotel".

Thank you again for your kind words.

Ireland
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is intimate & friendly enough to make you feel right at home but luxurious enough to make you know you are somewhere special. Dining room is beautiful with chandeliers & charm, food & service are great. We stayed for our anniversary but there were couples & groups celebrating various occasions. Part of the dining room can be adapted for private dining. The staff here are friendly, genuine & unintrusive. Whether you are Irish or an overseas traveller this hotel offers that warm Irish experience with quality of food & service. Would definitely recommend.

Tip:outdoor hot tub overlooks garden.
Some rooms overlook garden
370 is a large suite with nice views of the garden & can be interconnected with room next door.
Top tip: stay for a few nights because killarney is a lovely town & the hotel is on its own grounds with gardens in the town & near part of the national park.

• Stayed February 2013
KPHManager, General Manager at The Killarney Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear AnnPLouise,
Thank you very much for choosing the stay at Killarney Park Hotel and for taking the time to post this review on TripAdvisor.
It gives all the team here great pleasure to get such positive feedback and that we did our part to make your anniversary a memorable experience.
We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Yours sincerely,
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here in June 2012, (sorry for the late review..), and had an excellent experience in every possible way. We were upgraded at check-in to a beautiful, spacious, suite and we experienced 5 star service from that point forward. We had booked a 3 night stay and availed ourselves of all the ammenities the property had to offer, including spa services and evening dinners in the dining room. The property itself is lovely- however, the STAFF was the best that I have ever encountered!!! Service was on a consistent, bellman to front desk to general manager level. No one missed an opportunity to be of service in the most polite, pleasing and sincerely friendly manner.
This was our 3rd visit to Ireland, we typically spend 3-4 weeks each summer enjoying Ireland. This year, 2013, we plan another visit, and will be sure to visit The Killarney Park Hotel and hopefully can visit with the wonderful GM and front desk staff- I think Sara was the front desk manager-do yourself a favor and book a few nights with these folks...you will be glad that you did.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
KPHManager, General Manager at The Killarney Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Joanne7751,

Thank you for choosing Killarney Park Hotel for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your time stay with us and great to hear that you are returning again this Summer. Your compliments on the friendliness of all the team are much appreciated, our customer promise is Warmth Beyond The Smile and we work extremely hard to ensure all our guests feel the warmth.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Yours Sincerely,

Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I use this hotel regularly when I am in Killarney. I was dissapointed to read some of its most recent reviews. This time of year every hotel are training new staff for the comming season, I have no problem with young kids, new to the industry making mistakes.
I find the staff excellent and friendly & seem to enjoy working there. I have stayed & used the it for meetings & my clients love my choice of venue.
Keep up the good work.

• Stayed February 2013
KPHManager, General Manager at The Killarney Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Mr. Bourke,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review on Tripadvisor.
I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team and that you and your clients enjoy their experiences with us. I know that all my colleagues here will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. It is very upsetting to have received the previous negative review. We have set high standards for ourselves and will continue to strive hard to ensure all our guests have a warmly memorable experience.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Your sincerely,
Cork
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Overall, the hotel was nice and the staff were very friendly, however, I had a very poor customer experience, definitely not what you would expect from a five-star hotel. I booked a junior suit online and when we got there the room was NOTHING like what I expected from the website, in fact, the room was far inferior. My partner was also disappointed so I went down to reception and asked why the room was completely different from what I had seen online I was told there are two types of junior suits. They offered me to go and see the other type but when we got there the girl said that particular room was actually the same type as ours so we went to reception again and there I was told the other type of junior suits were all booked. In the end, not only did we have to stay in a room far inferior than expected but also there was no attempt from the staff to compensate in any way for the well justified disappointment, again, not what you would expect from a five-star hotel.

We were also disappointed with the buffet selection and service at breakfast but this is only a minor complaint.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Sergio F
KPHManager, General Manager at The Killarney Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for visiting us at Killarney Park Hotel and for taking the time to post this review. As you are aware from our phone conversation, I am very sorry that you did not like the style of the suite that you stayed in last weekend. As explained we have two styles of suites here at Killarney Park Hotel, contempory and classical. It was extremely unfortunate that by the time you checked in on Saturday evening all our contempory suites were already occupied and we had no other option available for you. I appreciate that you took my call so I have a clear understanding on what disappointed you and I take some solace that you found your room to be completely satisfactory in terms of standard of cleanliness and free from any maintenance issues. Thank you for complimenting the hotel overall and in particular the friendliness of the team here.
We hope we will be afforded an opportunity to welcome you back to Killarney Park Hotel so we can exceed your expectations.
Yours sincerely,