“A fabulous, exceptional stay at The Killarney Park...”

The Killarney Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Charleston, South Carolina
“A fabulous, exceptional stay at The Killarney Park...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here in June 2012, (sorry for the late review..), and had an excellent experience in every possible way. We were upgraded at check-in to a beautiful, spacious, suite and we experienced 5 star service from that point forward. We had booked a 3 night stay and availed ourselves of all the ammenities the property had to offer, including spa services and evening dinners in the dining room. The property itself is lovely- however, the STAFF was the best that I have ever encountered!!! Service was on a consistent, bellman to front desk to general manager level. No one missed an opportunity to be of service in the most polite, pleasing and sincerely friendly manner.
This was our 3rd visit to Ireland, we typically spend 3-4 weeks each summer enjoying Ireland. This year, 2013, we plan another visit, and will be sure to visit The Killarney Park Hotel and hopefully can visit with the wonderful GM and front desk staff- I think Sara was the front desk manager-do yourself a favor and book a few nights with these folks...you will be glad that you did.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
KPHManager, General Manager at The Killarney Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Joanne7751,

Thank you for choosing Killarney Park Hotel for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your time stay with us and great to hear that you are returning again this Summer. Your compliments on the friendliness of all the team are much appreciated, our customer promise is Warmth Beyond The Smile and we work extremely hard to ensure all our guests feel the warmth.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Yours Sincerely,

Niamh O'Shea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Western Ireland, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I use this hotel regularly when I am in Killarney. I was dissapointed to read some of its most recent reviews. This time of year every hotel are training new staff for the comming season, I have no problem with young kids, new to the industry making mistakes.
I find the staff excellent and friendly & seem to enjoy working there. I have stayed & used the it for meetings & my clients love my choice of venue.
Keep up the good work.

• Stayed February 2013
KPHManager, General Manager at The Killarney Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Mr. Bourke,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review on Tripadvisor.
I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team and that you and your clients enjoy their experiences with us. I know that all my colleagues here will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. It is very upsetting to have received the previous negative review. We have set high standards for ourselves and will continue to strive hard to ensure all our guests have a warmly memorable experience.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Your sincerely,
Cork
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Overall, the hotel was nice and the staff were very friendly, however, I had a very poor customer experience, definitely not what you would expect from a five-star hotel. I booked a junior suit online and when we got there the room was NOTHING like what I expected from the website, in fact, the room was far inferior. My partner was also disappointed so I went down to reception and asked why the room was completely different from what I had seen online I was told there are two types of junior suits. They offered me to go and see the other type but when we got there the girl said that particular room was actually the same type as ours so we went to reception again and there I was told the other type of junior suits were all booked. In the end, not only did we have to stay in a room far inferior than expected but also there was no attempt from the staff to compensate in any way for the well justified disappointment, again, not what you would expect from a five-star hotel.

We were also disappointed with the buffet selection and service at breakfast but this is only a minor complaint.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Sergio F
KPHManager, General Manager at The Killarney Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for visiting us at Killarney Park Hotel and for taking the time to post this review. As you are aware from our phone conversation, I am very sorry that you did not like the style of the suite that you stayed in last weekend. As explained we have two styles of suites here at Killarney Park Hotel, contempory and classical. It was extremely unfortunate that by the time you checked in on Saturday evening all our contempory suites were already occupied and we had no other option available for you. I appreciate that you took my call so I have a clear understanding on what disappointed you and I take some solace that you found your room to be completely satisfactory in terms of standard of cleanliness and free from any maintenance issues. Thank you for complimenting the hotel overall and in particular the friendliness of the team here.
We hope we will be afforded an opportunity to welcome you back to Killarney Park Hotel so we can exceed your expectations.
Yours sincerely,
Cork Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

We have often read reviews of hotels and thought people reviewing have been a little harsh or have very high expectations. We recently stayed at this excellent hotel and experienced very bad service in the bar. I sent the following e-mail to the manager and they did not have the courteousy to reply to it.

As a fellow manager in a business serving the public,  I thought it important to give you some feedback on our stay last Saturday.
Firstly the initial impressions of the common areas and our welcome from the reception staff were excellent, the manor in which we were shown our room and the room itself were also excellent.
We decided to have a bite to eat in the bar and were served by a young gent who was quite nervous, aggitated, lacked awareness and was hard to understand.
We were seated behind a tv that had the volume turned off which was fine until just before our food arrived (approx 45 mins later)  when the waiter turned the volume up quite high.
I asked to be moved and was told that it would not be possible as the empty tables were reserved for expected guests. I then asked to cancel the food and was told it was on its way. Not wanting to create a scene I just accepted this ( I was also hungry and it was the first Saturday off work this year so hassle was the last thing on the agenda). My food was very greasy, but as mentioned earlier I was very hungry so I just ate it as quick as possible to get away from the loud tv as soon as possible.
I went to the bar counter to pay as our waiter was unaware we had finished. I voiced my concerns to the man behind the bar,  he said he was sorry but there was nothing he could do about it.
I went to reception after to collect my car keys  and I informed them I was unhappy with the service and food in the bar, they apologized on behalf of the staff in the bar.
We were planning to dine in the hotel restaurant that evening but changed our plans based on our earlier experience.
We ordered ice to the room and the lady who delivered it was one the most courteous and polite people I've ever encountered.
When we returned from our meal we decided to give the bar a second chance and have a drink before we retired to our room, we were served by another young man who was inexperienced and had to be helped by an older man who stepped in when he saw him struggling.

We received great value and service from all with exception to the bar staff where we feel heavily short changed.
I really believe our stay would have been outstanding had we avoided the bar and would like to say thanks to all the other staff that made everything else very enjoyable.( including Sheila Marie who was very informative and helpful when making the booking).

Kind Regards

Do stay here, it is very nice, avoid the bar at all costs and don't expect the manager to acknowledge any shortfalls and you won't be disappointed

1 Thank goju
KPHManager, General Manager at The Killarney Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.
I am very sorry that your experience in our Garden Bar did not meet your expectations and would welcome the opportunity to restore your confidence in our service levels. I certainly don't want you to be under the impression that you feedback is not valued and acknowledged. I did respond to your direct email at 10.42 on 6th feb but your review of 7th feb states you didn't receive my response so I will also send a hard copy by post to you.
Thank you for choosing Killarney Park Hotel for your weekend break and I hope you will consider returning some time in the future.
Yours sincerely,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Had the most wonderful stay here in January. First class treatment all the way from start to finish, there is nothing you can say negatively it is just fantastic. Even with grey wet weather it is just fab. I cannot recommend it highly enough & do not miss out on the amazing spa.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

In fairness I've reviewed this hotel before. I'm driven to review again to emphasize how there are few hotels to compare with the Killarney Park for sheer coziness comfort staff attention and general ambience. And food. Bar very homely and cosy too. Did I say the staff are fabulous?

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have just returned from a wonderful two night stay in the Killarney Park. Everything about our weekend was outstanding.
*The staff were so welcoming and courteous
*The surroundings were so comfortable and relaxing
*The room (upgraded to a suite) was exceptional - could have stayed in the wonderful bed all day. And could have slept all day too as the room layout resulted in minimal noise from corridor.
*The breakfast was excellent - food, service and surroundings all exceeded expectations - really didn't want to leave!
*Didn't use leisure center or spa but my husband said these facilities were great.

Thus was a wonderful 5 star experience, full of extra little touches and I would highly recommend it