“FABULOUS”

West End House Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The West End House Restaurant nestled in the neighbourhood between Killarney Cathedral and the gate of Killarney National Park has re-opened after extensive renovations under new the management of chef John O'Leary.
Killarney, Ireland
“FABULOUS”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

a perfect 5 star dining experience, service brilliant, food superb, wine gorgeous, a must for all. staff so helpful. there was a group of 11 of us and we had a small little alcove so we had a ittle privacy also , a must to go for a real treat. well done to all

1 Thank 186612Anna

Dublin
“Make The West End House a must visit in Killarney”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

My first ever visit to the West End last weekend, but it will not be my last for sure, based on my overall dining experience. The decor of the dining rooms is top class. A number of small dining areas, beautifully designed and decorated tastefully by paintings nice on the eye add to an intimate and cosy atmosphere. I particularly compliment the management in the size and layout of the tables, making for a private dining experience which is unusual in this day and age.
The service, and all the team were highly professional, but all sporting a true smile and welcome as appropriate. Manager Tim was on hand quietly overseeing all proceedings, and made sure to have a personal word to all tables at the end of their meals.
The food..... A surprise amuse bouche of goats cheese of highest quality. Both starters and main courses were of top quality standard and presentation. In between, a little sorbet based on cranberry and red wine... To die for! I could only complement all of the food presented on the night.
At end of the meal adjourned to their nice little bar area for a complimentary glass of wine (thanks again Tim!). Seating is comfortable but could be a little warmer on a cold evening in December. Special word of thanks to the very pleasant staff member (sorry didnt get her name, but she said it was her first night there!), for her recommendation of the Wholesome Fayre restaurant for breakfast the following morning. We went..... And enjoyed:-)
Location of the restaurant is near the main cathedral, and just a short stroll from the Main Street in Killarney, making for a pleasant walk back to the hotel after a scrumptious meal.
Well done to the whole team at West End... You offer a top quality food experience, welcome and service, in lovely surroundings. I will be back, and I hope many others follow...... your product deserves support. Keep up the good work.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Guest64Dublin
Killarney, Ireland
“Licking my lips”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Still licking my lips after the sumptuous meal I enjoyed at the West End last night. Think this new incarnation of the West End is a very welcome addition to Killarney's culinary offerings.Every bite was prepared with love and attention to detail from the goat's cheese bonbon, served with a beetroot coulis and basil pesto which we were given as an amuse bouche. Among the other courses we enjoyed were starters of a delicious an generous portion of scallops perfectly seared and just cooked though, and a salad of pressed tomato accompanied by some poached pear slices and cashel blue. A cranberry and red wine sorbet was a welcome and well-balanced palate cleanser. Our mains of sirloin and pork belly respectively were perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. The accompaniments to both were judiciously chosen too. We shared a boozy trifle of caramelised orange and strawberry which put a big smile on both our faces! Wine list is very good too. We enjoyed a supremely good bottle of Cabernet/Franc 2010. The decor and ambience are very aesthetically attractive and it being a Victorian House, it's divided up into small rooms each with their own personality which flow seamlessly in and out of each other.The service was very attentive and friendly. I like the intimacy of this place and if I have one small criticism, it's that 'Jingle bell rock' playing in the background is not the perfect marriage for the high standards of food and service. Something less commercial and more subtle would enhance the dining experience. However, I can say with certainty that we'll be back!

Cork, Ireland
“Amazing Food”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

What a fab place to eat..once we arrived in the door the staff we lovely and friendly and very efficient. And the food was delicious..so tasty and service was excellent

Cork Ireland
“Outstanding Dining Experience...had a wonderful night”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to visit this restaurant in Killarney based on all the fantastic reviews on Trip Advisor and I can tell you we were not disappointed...from the moment we arrived we were welcomed by smiling enthusiastic and professional staff and already I knew we had come to a special place...the decor was tasteful and welcoming and full of warm atmosphere..the staff most attentive and service was excellent...the food was imaginative and full of taste and flavour....presentation was just superb...during the meal the staff was attentive and it was service with a smile throughout..thank you to Janeta and all the other waiting staff..we cannot wait to visit here again for a real treat and for something really special...one of the nicest restaurants you will ever visit...