“Great food, bad experience”
Review of West End House Restaurant - CLOSED

West End House Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The West End House Restaurant nestled in the neighbourhood between Killarney Cathedral and the gate of Killarney National Park has re-opened after extensive renovations under new the management of chef John O'Leary.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

A friend sent me a voucher for West End House as a birthday present. It had no expiry date. Friends were visiting from U.S. so I made a reservation for a Friday evening. The food and service was EXCELLENT! We ordered main courses but were treated to a starter and sorbet. When the bill came, I presented the voucher. It was turned down. I asked to speak to the owner. He also turned down the 50 euro voucher. He said he was a new owner and not responsible for vouchers sold by last owner. He did not even try to be nice about it in a room filled with other diners. My contention is if you buy a business you also buy the obligations. 50euros would have been a small price for him to pay for repeat business and for me to spread the word locally about the wonderful food and service instead of the story of the turned down voucher.

4  Thank Claudia W

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

My version of a super Sunday .... Fab.
I won't go on and on .... Stunning way to spend a Sunday evening and great value, charming service, and the food is to die for

Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed the entire dining experience. From the warm welcome to the deliciously prepared food. The warm bread inside the bread cover was a nice touch.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was a lovely restaurant. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and there was a great buzz to the place. Dinner was very wholesome and tasty. Service was excellent. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

In the first week of September, I dined with my girlfriend in The west end house. This was my first experience under the new ownership of Chef John O Leary. We booked our table for 9pm on a Saturday night. We arrived and were greeted into the bar for a drink. This is a lovely setting for a pre dinner drink. However we did have to wait for nearly an hour for our table. However this was not a problem for us as we were only going back to our hotel afterwards. Our 2 mains of fillet steak and lamb were cooked to perfection. This restaurant also presents dishes in a very creative manner with great flavours. The wine is very reasonably priced. This host Monika could not have been nicer and she conversed well with other tables. The West end brings dining to Killarney to a higher level. I would rate the West End as the best fine dining restaurant in Killarney.