“delightful charming restaurant in the heart of killarney”
Review of West End House Restaurant - CLOSED

West End House Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The West End House Restaurant nestled in the neighbourhood between Killarney Cathedral and the gate of Killarney National Park has re-opened after extensive renovations under new the management of chef John O'Leary.
Killarney, Ireland
“delightful charming restaurant in the heart of killarney”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

lovely situated restaurant across from the cathedral. very well designed menu great choices wonderful service nothing too much trouble.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank june g

boston
“Yum! A culinary feast, fun vibe, and great service”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I recently dined at the West End House after seeing the reviews on TripAdvisor (thank you, TripAdvisor!) and was so very pleased with the recommendation. The host was more than gracious as we asked to wait for our table and have a cocktail in the small, inviting bar with a beautiful, unusual fireplace. He was very accommodating in mixing up wonderful martinis (not always so easy to get outside of the U.S.)! The restaurant itself makes you feel as if you are dining in someone's home -- beautiful stone walls -- a great mix of old and new world details. The food was fabulous. Definitely our best meal while in Ireland. It was fun, comfortable, delicious, and served with a flair! Loved it!

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank lschelly
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
“A friendly restaurant with delicious food.”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Thanks to Trip Advisor for this terrific suggestion. The restaurant is warm and friendly. My wife and I were greeted by the owner and had a nice discussion about how to properly enjoy Jamesons Irish whiskey (with a splash of water). Our meal was first rate. My wife started with oysters and had shin of beef cooked 12 hours as her main. I started with crab meat in gazpacho with foam and had duck breast as my main. If you travel to Killarney be certain to enjoy The West End House.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Donald B
Allentown
“Our best meal in Ireland”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had one of our best meals in Ireland at the West End House. The restaurant has a cozy warm wonderful atmosphere. I had a fantastic loin of beef that was full of flavor. The mozzarella appetizer was like none I have had before. Although it is on the edge of town, it is well worth discovering this little treasure.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank jdg1964
Killarney, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Service , lovely Ambience.”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Really like old - world atmosphere of this Restaurant . The little bar had a welcoming fire lighting when I last visited. Choose Starters, Mains & a Cheese - Board from A La Carte Menu. The highlight of my meal was the Pork - Belly. Slow- roasted to perfection, accompanied by Sneem Black-Pudding, wonderful! Liked the use of so much excellent local produce but was disappointed in the Cheese- Board, considering both the selection and the accompaniments quite poor. However on mentioning this to The Manager he immediately took same off the bill. The service was most attentive throughout. I would suggest an inclusive pricing structure though where one could choose two or three courses at an all- in price. Then I could afford to return more often!

• Visited September 2012