“Takes your breath away!”

Muckross House, Gardens & Traditional Farms
Ring of Kerry Private Tour from Killorglin
Ranked #4 of 111 things to do in Killarney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Muckross House, Gardens, and Traditional Farms represent the focal point and nucleus of Killarney National Park. This is Ireland's oldest National Park, and it includes the world famous Lakes of Killarney, as well as the mountains and woodlands that surround them. Muckross and Killarney National Park are open daily all year round (expect the Christmas period). Please refer to website for more details on opening times & prices.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We took a horse carriage ride to Muckross House and Gardens and Torc Waterfall! The ride through the wood up to the House is wonderful! The gardens were in full bloom and simply took your breath away! So many different paths to follow!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I have been to the famous mansions in Newport, Rhode Island 4 times and when I heard you could go into this mansion I had this grand idea of how it was going to look inside. But I came out kind of disappointed. It has a very interesting story to it with the royal family coming to visit, but honestly I was more impressed with the grounds and the park than the mansion. I loved the architecture of the house on the outside, but not so much with the inside. But that I think is because Im comparing it to the mansions in Newport. But its worth the 8 euros to see it! But the grounds and park were absolutely breathtaking! On the day we got there it was overcast and stormy in the distance so it made for some beautiful pictures! Then to top it all off we took a ride in a jaunting car around the grounds! That was fun to do!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

They gave an informative and very interesting tour through this Victorian mansion...looked like a castle to me, but they call it a mansion! I loved seeing all the rooms decorated with period furnishings. It was pouring by the time we got done with tour, but armed with umbrella, we walked through beautiful gardens. Seeing the gorgeous Rhododendrums made it worth it!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were very impressed with the tour of the house - the guide was knowledgeable, friendly, and gave plenty of interesting tidbits while also being very approachable for additional questions. The house itself is beautiful and fascinating, with most of the rooms open for viewing (by tour only, but plenty of time is given to see everything). The gardens were gorgeous and we had a lovely walk out to Torc waterfall. All of the rhododendrons and other flowers were in bloom while we were there (mid-June). I would definitely recommend a visit!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

See what life was like for Irish farmers in the 1930's and 40's. Tour the beautiful ground and take in fantastic sights of the Muckross House. If in Killarney, take the time to do this. You won't be sorry!