Wild Kerry Day Tour with O'Connor Autotours
$32.30*
Dingle Peninsula and Slea Head Day Tour
Ranked #18 of 49 Tours in Killarney
More attraction details
Owner description: O’Connor Autotours, Killarney was established in 1945 to cater for the transport requirements of overseas visitors to Ireland and in particular the South West of Ireland.We are committed to providing a highly personal, quality service ensuring that your use of our service will be a pleasant and memorable experience. You will find our guides knowledgeable, friendly and always willing to share a joke with you!
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“not great”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I went on a day tour with O'Connors a few months ago and I wouldnt go again. The bus was very old, there were wrappers in my seat when my husband and I first came on the bus, it went down hill from there. I didnt think there was alot of information given about the local area and the driver wasnt as funny as he thought he was! The scenery was beautiful though, I love Killarney, I think I will try another bus company when I come back.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Fiona S
OCONNORAUTOTOURS, Manager at Wild Kerry Day Tour with O'Connor Autotours, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Ring of Kerry tour and while the feedback is not too complimentary of our service we appreciate you forwarding the information so we can address your concerns. Upon completing a review of the day tour schedule it appears that on the morning of the tour there was a technical malfunction on the Ring of Kerry coach which prevented it from being used on the day tour program that day. A contingency arrangement had to be put in place and our options were to cancel the tour or lease in a vehicle from a local coach company and naturally we choose the latter to avoid disappointing customers. From your comments it appears however that the level of cleanliness inside the substitute coach was sub standard. We are glad that despite this issue (which we will bring to the attention of the lease company) you were able to enjoy the beautiful scenery enroute as well as leave the region with affection for Killarney town and its surroundings.

Madrid, Spain
4 attraction reviews
“Very kind guide”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Had opportunity for taking the trip roung kerry so went with this one. Our driver/guide John was great. Funny, helpful and treated us all very well. Ring of kerry is really nice. John stopped for facilities at Kerry Bog Village which was great beautiful village one of hiighlights. Also we had other stops to see dogs and sheep and lunch. Also some photo stops and even a love tunnel.
Good clean bus not so cold or warm good experience.

Visited August 2012
We are delighted that you enjoyed your tour around the scenic Ring of Kerry and that you had opportunity to take in the Kerry Bog Village and the Sheep Dog Trials - these are both optional visits on the tour program but we do find most people take & enjoy these options. Your kind comments in relation to driver guide John O'Neill are also very welcome, John's aim is to provide an informative yet light hearted commentary enroute to keep the tour up beat and an example of this is the "kissing" tunnel. We will of course pass on your review to John who will be pleased with the feedback. Your comments about our coaches are also appreciated as we use modern air-conditioned touring coaches for clients comfort. Thank you once again for your tour review.
Waltham, Massachusetts
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Our Driver Made for a Great Day”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Honestly, bus tours like this aren't necessarily my thing. I like to go at my own pace and have the freedom to stop. But, I'd been driving around Ireland all week and thought I would take a break from driving...as luck would have it, I also was sick the day we took our Ring of Kerry tour, so it was extra nice having someone else cart me around.

Our tour guide, John O'Neill, was fantastic. He was funny and very personable. I also liked the size of the tour vs. some of the others along the road. The O'Connor bus was about 25 people or so while the other tours we saw were full-size buses. I really liked that we didn't have to wait for 60 people every time we stopped.

The sheep herding demonstration was truly interesting and fun to see. We did not tour the bog village, but the Irish coffee there was good!

That said, I do think the stop for lunch is fairly bad. The food was just ok. But it was really bad because there was just an influx of tour buses that stop through all at the same time and make it crazy. If I did it again, I'd definitely bring my own snack and just eat outside. There's a second stop along the way at Avoca which has a really great looking bakery, so that would be a better option for purchasing food.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank fuzzypinkbunny
Thank you for your review entitled "our driver made for a great day" it is much appreciated by all at Wild Kerry Daytours, in particular your driver guide John O'Neill who prides himself on pleasing travellers with his sparkling commentary. We will of course pass a copy of your review on to John as it is very much appreciated when people take the time to write a review. As you suggest coach tours such as the Ring of Kerry give an opportunity to take a break from the driving which allows you to sit back, relax enjoy the scenery (as well as an Irish Coffee!) and also learn about the local history, geography & economy infused with light hearted stories.

Your feed back on coach size is also welcome, sometimes in the low season when touring numbers are reduced we use smaller coaches which allow for a more intimate and personal tour. Thank you also for bringing to our attention your sentiments in relation to the lunch stop which we will discuss in depth with of the venue in question.

Thank you once again for your very kind review of our day tour services.
“Bring a lunch!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed this as an easy and convenient way to see the Ring of Kerry. Coach driver John O'Neill was funny and entertaining, you can tell he's been around awhile and knows how to handle tourists.

The cons were mostly about the other tourists than the tour, out of courtesy when traveling with a group, be back on the bus on time. When you are done taking your snap, step out if the way and let others get a chance. If it starts to rain, no need to scream. Basic courtesy goes a long way and if the time limits of each stop are restrictive, book a private driver for your visit.

Lunch was not good. Overpriced and barely average food where you are forced to queue through a gift shop. Best to bring your own and eat outside the place (DO NOT eat on the bus)

Enjoyable overall

Thank you for your review of our popular Ring of Kerry tour, your warm comments in relation to driver guide John O'Neill are much appreciated - it is his aim to inform and entertain in just the right measures. John has been a driver guide with Wild Kerry Daytours for many years and enjoys meeting all the travellers he encounters as part of his days work. You are quite correct however that with such a large group it is important that for the overall enjoyment of the group each traveller adheres to the little rules that make the program more pleasant for everybody i.e. punctuality, no eating on the bus etc.

The lunch stop review is quite disappointing and it is certainly something we will discuss with the restaurants management in light of your comments. As you suggest there is of course the option of bringing your own packed lunch and picnicking outside enjoying the beautiful views and sea air.

Thanks again for your 5 star review of our service.
Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ring of Kerry Tour was OK”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We enjoyed the tour and the Ring of Kerry was indeed beautiful and worth visiting. We especially liked the Bog Village Stop and The Sheep Dog Demonstration. However, the guide and his narration were only average. I came away with the feeling that I did not know anymore about this area than I did before the tour. This is in contrast to other tours we took in Ireland. While I feel that the tour was worth the price, if I was booking today, I would try another tour group.

Visited August 2012
OCONNORAUTOTOURS, Manager at Wild Kerry Day Tour with O'Connor Autotours, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thanks for your review of our Ring of Kerry tour. Glad to hear that you took part in and enjoyed both optional visits on the tour i.e. Kerry Bog Village and Sheep Dog trials. These are both optional entrances but the feedback that we receive from customers about these stops is always very positive. Unfortunately you did not seem to rate the commentary of the driver guide very highly, all our driver guides are very experienced so there shouldn’t have been a issue with information provided. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we will investigate further. Thanks again for providing a review.