“A lot oh hype and not much else.”
Review of The Smokehouse

The Smokehouse
Ranked #40 of 188 Restaurants in Killarney
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2011

The food in the smokehouse did not live up to my expectations, it was by no means awful, but not worth the prices they charge. When food is good I never worry about the cost, but when its only average, like this place, I walk away feeling like I just got robbed. The service left a lot to be desired also.

Reviewed January 31, 2011

A lot of the top Trip Advisor top restaurants in Killarney are closed, either on Mondays or until March/April. I rang around and found the Smokehouse was open. My sister and I visited on 31st January a damp rainy Monday. The friendly staff served us Roasted Whole Gambas for me and Scallops for my sister. Both of us had the Kerry Lamb for main course. We shared an apple crumble for dessert with creme anglaise (custard) and ice cream. Please please lose the fake spray cream decoration!!!!. The wine was not expensive at €20 a Chilean, while the most expensive was €22. They had a few selections of 50cl bottles for €15. Good value for money!!! They have another sister restaurant more upmarket called West End.

Reviewed December 17, 2010

Myself and a friend chose the smokehouse for dinner, and were not disappointed. The staff were lovely the food amazing and the wine was good value. It was a brilliant to start to a great night out in Killarney. As a local it is great to have somewhere so nice to bring people to show them the best killarney has to offer!!! Well done Smokehouse

Reviewed October 19, 2010

I actually found the staff at the smoke house warm and friendly,yes very chilled out service but very refreshing.our waiter was very attentive and funny.really enjoyed my dinning experience with my hubby at the smoke house.And i actually found the wooden boards that the food is served on to be a unique charm to the place.The food was amzing and loved the design.So i really dont know what everyone is going on about the service.the staff are lovely,alot nicer than some resturants in town you know.least they smile and take pride in their workplace.

Reviewed October 10, 2010

This is a lovely small brasserie style restaurant.

Great fresh food, melt in your mouth steaks, a definite must.

Service could be a bit better, but not bad enough to annoy or affect the experience.

For relaxed dining, this is the best in Killarney