“Awesome atmosphere”

Ranked #40 of 188 Restaurants in Killarney
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Love the decor, fab atmosphere with attention to detail. Very good food, not fussy just good grub, maybe a little pricey but would definitely go back. Friendly, welcoming service. Recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went on an exceptionally busy bank holiday weekend. We put our name down and came back 45 minutes later for our table. Some people tried to push in but the owner made sure the allocation of tables was fair. Once in, the service was extremely efficient and friendly. The black pudding and pear starter was just about the nicest starter we ever had. When we finished we were asked very kindly to move to a perfectly nice table as they had a big party coming in and needed our table. Even though it was no problem, they gave us a free bottle of wine for the inconvenience!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband, daughter and I, dined here last weekend. We were walking around Killarney looking for somewhere nice to eat, we were standing outside this restaurant when my daughter did a quick search TA, and as the reviews were generally good we decided to go in. The greeting on entering was very friendly, and we settled on a table near the window upstairs. The decoration is very quirky in a nice way. The restaurant was very busy so we were lucky to get a table. My daughter and husband had starters, soup, which was very good and chicken wings also very good. We each had a different main course, fillet steak, excellent. Baked cod, only ok, it was meant to be served with roast herb potatoes, but I got undercooked,microwaved baby potatoes on my plate, on complaining they were quickly replaced with a baked potato, (but that was the meal ruined for me) my husband had the burger and he enjoyed it. We decided to try the chocolate cake for desert, having been told by the waitress that it was rich, my daughter and I opted to share. Neither of us enjoyed it, it was far from rich, a bit on the dry side, a big lump of cake really and served without cream or ice cream which might have made it more palatable. I did ask for cream but was told they didn't have any. The restaurant isnt cheap. The staff of this restaurant are hardworking and very pleasant. If you visit, I would recommend you stick to steak or burger.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

It's not fine dining but it is perfectly good for what it is.

Good crab claws and good steak w well aired wine by the glass. Coffee was poor however.

Personally, I was happy with the service. One very loud yank at a table of impeccably polite Americans was a buzz killer but that is hardly the restaurants fault.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Have been living in Killarney all my life now and both my girlfriend and I loved the place. We ate there every Sunday for about a year and whenever friends visit that would be the first place we go. In recent months the service has been shocking. In the last 3 months we went, twice we were forgotten about. This was when we were centrally located with a group of 4 and 5 people. We were seated and our orders were taken. On each occasion we were all waiting nearly 35-45 mins for our lunch and we had to ask for an update on our meal where we were told "Oh Sorry". I'd accept if the place was busy but it was us and another couple on the ground floor and another couple upstairs. Staff were walking past our empty table chatting for that long and never approached us (as most restaurants do) to ask if everything was ok. Now I'm never one to complain (Honestly) but this peeved me off so much that I will never promote this place again. My girlfriend convinced me to try it again after the last time and I really liked the place so I wanted to give it another chance but this has reinforced my feelings about it.
The food is wonderful and the prices are ok but the service by staff is appalling and the method in which they place our orders to the kitchen is flawed obviously. I would say go to have the food but a word of warning.. keep a track of time and be ready to approach staff to query your food order even when its quiet... It's a real shame that a lack of service (training)can let down a gem of a restaurant.

1  Thank Paul0902