“A gem of a find!!!!”

The Smokehouse
Ranked #30 of 183 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Irish, European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“A gem of a find!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Myself and my partner were on a last minutr break in Killarney and so hadn't really researched anywhere to go for dinner. We were dropped by taxi on the main rd and decided to walk along and see what took our fancy.

We were very impressed by the menu on display it had steaks pork chicken lamb etc. so we decided to try it.

Inside was busy and there was a lovely atmosphere. We were greeted straight away and led to our table.

In addition to the menu there was also a special board which feature more delicious options should as duck.

We found the service extremely prompt and the food was EXCELLENT.

We were delighted with our gem of a find!!!

1 Thank PrincessTigerMouse

“Excellent place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Loved this restaurant, lovely friendly staff, great food , and a relaxing ambiance. We initially taught it was expensive but when we devoured our food we definitely got our moneys worth, will definitely be returning.

Limerick, Ireland
“Food is tasty but the service is almost nonexistant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I first ate at this restaurant in June, and I was really impressed with the staff and the food. However, recently I returned to this restaurant and I was really disappointed with the standard of hygeine and the staff that were working there. The staff were totally different for the first time I ate there, they appear to have no interest in their work and athough they were pleasant they left us waiting for ages, even though the restaurant was very quiet.Our food was tasty, but very slow to arrive as there was a mix up with our order. We left after paying for our main course and have our desserts and coffee in a nearby cafe.

• Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, average service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We came here for tappas before moving on for dinner to somewhere else. The wait for 4 starters was very long and the restaurant was quite cold. The server didn't seem to know much about the food or drinks on the menu. All in all it was a cool place with a creative menu but the service was somewhat lacking.

Visited September 2012
Dublin
“Very Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I don't think I will be going back to The Smokehouse and I spend a lot of time in Killarney. There are 2 reasons and neither of them is the food, even though the food is fairly average too.

I was there last week with a friend for brunch. I found the service very very average and the place quite dirty. There was a little ledge on the wall beside me and it was very dusty and dirty. That straight away would turn anyone of their food. It is such a small detail to dust and clean a restaurant. The waitress was grand but we had to ask for menu's to be told they are written on a tin on the table. That is fine but it was if we were expected to know that. And really she looked like she was just there because she had to be but really didn't want to be.

I had the scrambled egg with mushrooms and my friend had the breakfast sandwich. These are not dishes that are hard to get right and they were really just okay.

They would need to brush up their act (and the floor!).

• Visited October 2012