“excellent service”

Ranked #23 of 189 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: European, Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Kayne's Bar & Bistro offers an informal and very friendly dining atmosphere, with a range of good value for money tempting menu items. There are 13 wines by the glass to choose from, plus a selection of local beers. Food is served daily in the Bar from 12.30 to 9.30pm and from 6.30 pm in the Bistro. Our staff are friendly and professional, and we value your feedback on both our food and our service.
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We found Kayne's to be like a Wetherspoon's in England but with much better food. It was hot, fresh and tasty. The other reason we liked this bar was because they had a great range of bottled specialty beers including Irish, American and Belgian. The average cost of a main course is about 14 Euros but it was worth it. The waiters were all pleasant, polite, helpful and quick.

The-Bar-and-Bistro, Guest Relations Manager at Kayne's Bar & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Ella B

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to Kayne's. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your meal, our range of bottled specialty beers and our service. We do try to offer something a little different and a little special at Kayne's, so I was very encouraged to read your comments.

I hope that you may have the opportunity to visit us again one day.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We have visited this restaurant before and the food was very good in the bistro section. On this visit food was only being served in the bar, we were not disappointed in fact very much surprised at the quality of what was being served. My wife is lactose intolerant, but this was not a problem. We would recommend others in visiting.

The-Bar-and-Bistro, Guest Relations Manager at Kayne's Bar & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear WestWalesTaffey

Thank you for your review, following your latest visit to Kayne's Bar & Bistro. I'm pleased that you were able to sample our Bar food and ambience on this occasion, and am delighted that you enjoyed your meal.

Thank you for your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back to Kayne's on another occasion.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I went here Saturday night for a family meal, the food and service was excellent. Also has a nice bar downstairs for a few quiet pints.

The-Bar-and-Bistro, Guest Relations Manager at Kayne's Bar & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Paddy K

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, following your recent visit to Kayne's Bar & Bistro. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your meal and our service and I hope that you're able to visit us again one day.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We went for the 'early bird' dinner on a Monday night, and ended up staying until 9 pm! What a delicious meal and very attentive waitstaff. The value was reasonable: 88 euros for 3 meals without drinks.

1  Thank mjpteach

Dear mjpteach

Thank you for your review, following your meal recently in Kayne's Bistro. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere and found it to be good value for money. We can't ask for more than that!

I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again one day.

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

An interesting menu but weak execution. Irish stew was flat and lacked flavor as was the chicken schnitzel (dry, dry, dry setved with Macdonalds fries.) The soup tasted like it came from a can and had spices added. Way over priced for what was delivered.

1  Thank wcarrx
The-Bar-and-Bistro, Guest Relations Manager at Kayne's Bar & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear wcarrx

Thank you for your review. I was sorry to read your comments and would like to apologise for the fact that your food did not seem to be up to our usual high standards. I wonder if you brought this to the attention of any of our staff at the time? We would have happily looked into it to try to rectify the problem.

As I said, we usually receive very good feedback on our food and I'm sorry that we disappointed you on this occasion.